Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett-To tour 'new version' of Genesis revisited.

What songs are considered "Classic Hackett"? Just bought tickets for Westbury, NY. Last time I saw Hackett primarily playing his own songs was back in 1993. I believe Julian Colbeck was playing keyboards for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adinfinitum View Post
    What songs are considered "Classic Hackett"? Just bought tickets for Westbury, NY. Last time I saw Hackett primarily playing his own songs was back in 1993. I believe Julian Colbeck was playing keyboards for him.
    They're the usual suspects, but lately he's been leaning on his first 3-4 solo albums ("Spectral Mornings", "Every Day", "Please Don't Touch", "Ace of Wands", etc.), with Voyage of the Acolyte getting a lot of renewed attention.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Anything from Voyage works for me. I'd even take a few from Highly Strung (Camino Royale, Cell 151).

very pleased to announce we will officially be releasing the Steve Hackett and Djabe CD/DVD in January 2017. This is Steve with the rather splendid Hungarian band Djabe and is quite excellent. It was released quite small scale before but we are delighted to be officially distributing to a wider market . .

** New Date Added**

Sunday Feb 26...The Wilbur Theater...Boston..

Pre-Sale - Oct. 19th - 12pm
    Public - Oct 21st - 12pm

Anyone know the presale code for Boston?

**New Date Added**

Feb 18 Saturday - State Theater, Ithaca, NY
    Pre-Sale Code is genesis

come on Keswick!!!

I don't want to travel if I don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    very pleased to announce we will officially be releasing the Steve Hackett and Djabe CD/DVD in January 2017. This is Steve with the rather splendid Hungarian band Djabe and is quite excellent. It was released quite small scale before but we are delighted to be officially distributing to a wider market . .
    Nice! This has me excited.

The Egg in Albany please!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    ** New Date Added**

Sunday Feb 26...The Wilbur Theater...Boston..

Pre-Sale - Oct. 19th - 12pm
    Public - Oct 21st - 12pm
    Very nice! I'll be there.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    ~Woo~ Going to the Boston show. I can hardly wait to tell my wife I bought her a ticket while she was asleep. She'll say, "Who?"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

From what his FB page is saying, the Reading show is the only show in PA !!!

So many Hackett threads for his current tour, thought I'd post these on the first one; with orchestra in Buffalo-

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

New radio interview with Steve Hackett - April 2017:

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm reaching a Hackett saturation point...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I seem to be in possession of one too many tickets for tonight's Hackett show at the Wilbur in Boston; if anyone wants to attend on me I can try to transfer it to the first one who pings me. Since it's an e-ticket you would need to have or register for a Ticketmaster account that I would transfer the ticket to.

Is he playing anything from his Blues album?

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    Is he playing anything from his Blues album?
    no!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    no!
    I actually like the Blues album. It is not great from start to finish, but some of the individual tracks are really good IMO.

For those who saw the show recently the first act was Milli Vanelli on steroids, I mean how many live vox were there? Once Nad joined in the live singing started, thank God!

Yikes! That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yikes! That's not good.
    I mean the chorus of Everyday has been canned forever, you hear a dozen voices with 3 guys singing, Under the Eye of the Sun was 100% the record track, I have no idea if anyone on stage had a live mic, and when it came to Hackett's solo song Beasts in Our Time either Steve is an excellent vocalist who hit every note (who knew?) or there was more tomfoolery about. I think most bands use a little taped embellishment and have no problem with it but last night they didn't even try and hide it, I mean dragging Craig Blundell out from behind the kit to "sing" when there's a multi-singer chorus just to add another guy behind a mic is pretty weak. Once Nad came on (he wandered on and off the stage in the first act) I thought everything was legit vocal wise, and the jam they inserted into I Know What I Like was off the charts excellent. It was a good show (SEBTP to die for), but come on!