Thread: I need some help with a Subwoofer

I need some help with a Subwoofer

In my office, I have an old JVC receiver driving a pair of old Infinity bookshelf speakers, audio feed is coming off my computer. I replaced the drivers on the speakers last year and they sound nice and sharp. But there's no bottom end so I bought this little powered Polk subwoofer. The trouble is that when I hooked up the sub to the B speaker outputs and set the receiver to play both sets of speakers, I only get the sound of the sub. The bookshelf speakers play fine when I just select the A speaker setting, the sub rumbles along when I select B, but it won't do both. There's no pre-amp line out to run to the sub. So is the issue that I need a line out to the subwoofer, or is it that the receiver has a problem and I need to swap it for something new?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Does the Polk have inputs and outputs? My understanding was in that case you'd hook the Polk up to the JVC's A outputs and your Infinitys to the Polk's outputs.

HOLY SHIT DAVE, IT WORKED. It would have been nice if that was explained in the Polk manual but there ya go. I just put on Celebration Day and the bottom end is RIGHTEOUS! Thanks.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Glad to hear a WAG works once in a while.