Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters in Mexico...Holy Shit!!!!

Roger Waters in Mexico...Holy Shit!!!!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-...-4bfddb6e.html

Fearless!!?? Are you fucking kidding me!!?? Dogs, Pigs, One Of These Days, etc., etc., etc.

Damn, Wish I Was There.

Vids on youtube.com, can't post from phone.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Pigs On The Wing, pts 1 & 2, Dogs-

Pigs {Three Different Ones)-

Fearless-

(Lead vocals on Fearless by Dave Kilminster.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Entire show-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This post made me think of when I saw Waters at MSG on the tour promoting the live In the Flesh DVD, and I CAN'T BELIEVE it was in 2000 - over 16 years ago! It seems like it was 8 years ago tops. That is crazy!!

Wow! Some political message in Pigs

Thanks for the spoiler warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Wow! Some political message in Pigs
    There were always a political message in Pigs. One verse is about Margaret Thatcher, and another is about Mary Whitehouse.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Would love to see above videos, but they're not available in my country
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

I didn't know he was still touring. Well, he seems to be breaking away, a bit, from "The Wall" which is nice to see/hear. Wonder if this concert will be filmed.
    I saw the version of "One of these Days". Could it be that they played over the actual recording? Some parts seemed a little too familiar. Having seen them in 1975, I couldn't abide by the young ladies dancing at the extreme stage left (your right). Old school. Some tastes will never change. And for good reason!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I know, holy shit is right. Absolutely incredible. Gotta believe this setlist/new stage show will be toured next year.

That set is fucking nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Guess I was too excited to do so, are you seeing him in Indio? Don't recall much discussion here regarding the Desert Trip shows next week.

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Whitehouse, yes. Thatcher, no.
    Waters said in an interview back in the 80's that one of the verses is about Thatcher, who was at the time was not yet Prime Minister, but still an apparently prominent MP (prominent enough that Rog felt obliged to take a swipe at her).

Waters said in an interview back in the 80's that one of the verses is about Thatcher, who was at the time was not yet Prime Minister, but still an apparently prominent MP (prominent enough that Rog felt obliged to take a swipe at her).
    She had been the minister for education and in that capacity stopped the policy of providing free milk to every child at school to ensure healthy bone development (rickets was not unusual in post-war Britain) - this earned her the name Thatcher the Milk-Snatcher and was the beginning of much of the hatred of her which did not diminish with her death.

Don't drink the Waters.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    He was only doing that set in Mexico - the remainder are just going to be selections from The Wall and TFC.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    She had been the minister for education and in that capacity stopped the policy of providing free milk to every child at school to ensure healthy bone development (rickets was not unusual in post-war Britain) - this earned her the name Thatcher the Milk-Snatcher and was the beginning of much of the hatred of her which did not diminish with her death.
    I think the Milk Snatcher label was a dumb, crybaby way for people to express their hatred of her. I doubt it affected kids at all, most of whom probably hated being force-fed the stuff. And did any subsequent Labour government reinstate it?

By the way, it was Harold Wilson's Labour government in 1968 that withdrew free milk for all 11 to 18-year olds. No outcry then.

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    His skewering of Thatcher is well established with The Final Cut and Radio KAOS. How 'bout citing your source for a change.
    I said he talked about it in interviews during the 80's. It's mentioned in several of the book that have been written about the band. What more do you want?!

Waters should take a page from Yes and just tour the whole damn Meddle album.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Would be cool to see him do a couple of Final Cut things.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    I think the Milk Snatcher label was a dumb, crybaby way for people to express their hatred of her. I doubt it affected kids at all, most of whom probably hated being force-fed the stuff. And did any subsequent Labour government reinstate it?

By the way, it was Harold Wilson's Labour government in 1968 that withdrew free milk for all 11 to 18-year olds. No outcry then.
    Just give them vitamin D, you don't need milk. What other species drinks milk, then that from another species.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Well I appreciated the milk when I was a kid growing up there at the time - since then I have become a vegan - which kind of brings us back to the main subject of this thread - Roger Waters, who, given some of his beliefs, is almost certainly not a vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Would love to see above videos, but they're not available in my country
    You ain't missing much. The filmer is about 3 light years from the stage with a vague view of a screen somewhere in the middle distance and occasional snatches of music breaking through the whoops and 'hell yeah' 's of his fellow concert attendees....proof writ large of why I don't go to these soulless affairs anymore. And so ironic that its at a Roger 'I'm so alienated from this huge crowd I will spit on them' Waters gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post

She removed it for over 7's in the early 70's. I can remember we used to have it just before morning break so it was an undignified rush to gulp it down at high speed to minimise the reduction in playtime.

Great set list..

a 70's Floyd set list...... who's in the band?