Thread: Polyethylene Pet/+1 - Home of the Brave

Polyethylene Pet/+1 - Home of the Brave

Hi there, friends and fellow fiends,

Just thought we should let people know that our new album "Pop" will be released tomorrow. As in, if anyone is interested, we have a new album out and CDs for folks who may want 'em. Yeah, oh yeah. I know. Whatever...

Still, there are a handful of you here in PE land who may like, nay, really enjoy this one. It's a dark, bittersweet brew which tastes and smells sort of like pop music. Although, that is not exclusively the sense in which the title is meant

Yet another spin of the somewhat evil radio dial that is +1 (where commerce and commentary collide). Accessible but dense texturally, compositionally and harmonically. In other words, a typical PP/+1 joint, as the kids say. You can either visit our website (precognitiverecords.com) to grab a copy for you, your friends and family OR you can stream it below:

Polyethylene Pet/+1 - "Pop"
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Pop

This one does benefit from repeat listens, imho. Either way, we hope you get some thrills from this poison

By the way, this is my first album as an Amercian citizen (not counting the EP "Brave New World Order" released earlier this year). That explains some of the muted anger herein

Anyways, we're so thankful for the love we've received here at PE over the years. Totally appreciated. It really does help keep us going

All the best to everyone,

Kim & B.Sue
    Precognitive Records

P.S: this album is not available as a download except by request but there is a digital booklet you can examine, should you desire (artwork, credits, lyrics etc). Use this link to download it, if you like: http://www.precognitiverecords.com/P...klet - Pop.pdf
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Well... one bump, i guess, and then let it fade away...
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Some Thumpin' good music! Thanks for the new sounds, Kim!

It's about time for me to make a new order from you sometime fairly soon. I'll make sure this is one of the CDs ordered.
    Thanks, Kim!

I hope people dig it enough to listen more than once. The music is deceptive - dense, complex and, as B.Sue pointed out today, aggressive. It's one of our more dark and abstract albums despite its apparent accessibility. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

Thanks to everyone here who have given it a spin!

3rd listen. I'm still digging it!

Yeah? Thank you, sir. I'm glad to hear that

How many vocal tracks on Sneeze Tax? Sounds like you had a lot of fun putting that together. And Home Of The Brave, what can I say? It's beautiful. Classic Kimara!

Yeah, it was fun. I did it a capella because i never liked the instrumental version i recorded in '95. The feel wasn't right. But i could sing it, so i did. Something like 15 voices or so. I was thrilled with how it came out. Same deal with Friendly Fires, Thrill to this Poison and I Can Be Mad Now, all of which i had original tracks to start from and were from that era (a +1 album called "Live" in 1995). I put a lot of work into newly rendering everything just so, getting the right feel and attitudes and mixing for clarity. It only took 21 years to get those recorded properly

I'm glad you like it, sir.

Home of the Brave was the first song i wrote and recorded after becoming a US citizen - why oh why did i wait until NOW of all freakin' times

So... yeah, it's like that, eh? Thanks so much for the kind words. At least the two people who have seen this thread are enjoying it

All the best to you both

Kim
    Last edited by Polypet; 10-15-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Not everyone has the well developed Progressive Ears as we have.

Agree about Home of the Brave...one of the best instrumental tracks in the RIDICULOUSLY HUGE +1/Pet/Sajn catalogue But the whole EP is lots of fun and a real treat on headphones. Kind of aggressive and challenging but still easy to listen to...at least to my ears!

Aw shucks, you guys :P

Thanks

btw: Matt - it's a full length

Listening on headphones now. It's always a joy to hear new music from PP/+1! First time through and this is a favorite as usual!

Thanks Stevie K! I thought a lot about you guys when i was working on it. I think Mr. Gore would have approved, bless his heart

I'm so happy to know you're liking it. I'll shoot a physical copy over to you shortly. Hugs and stuff.

Late to the party, but you always and consistently stimulate me aurally, Kim.

This is indeed no different.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Why thank you Mr. Kessler! Always happy to be found stimulating
    Last edited by Polypet; 10-16-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Kim,Such an honor you were thinking about our little combo while working on "Pop." It is humbling, sir! Gore, too, would have really dug this! Now for another listen

Stevie G was always hugely inspirational to me, as has your own spirit and music been over the years. He kept me going for awhile there with his humour, charm and good looks

Seriously, i used to get hilarious emails from him every day and we'd encourage each other to keep producing our strange little albums. After all, our 32 fans were demanding more

You and he, Dave Kerman and a handful of other friends have been a lifeline all these years. Also, our fans here on PE - keep on rockin'!

And to PE itself (Sean, Duncan and the rest) - thanks for existing. Happy Anniversary!

K

BTW: when might we hear some new Kretzmer music? Enquiring minds, yada squonk. Let me know if i can help in any way. Love to you and yours, Steve!