Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flairck 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I think it is hard enough for this type of music to find an audience.
    This is exactly what I have trouble understanding. The music is very melodic and could be accepted by a lot of people. If these guys ever get a good promotion, I think they could become commercially successful.

But I do consider new Joris's compositions to be somewhat harder to grasp... Or was it just because I only heard them once?..

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    No, she didn't like them, because the music was to light-weight.

She liked Pink Floyd and introduced me to Darius Milhaud, Bela Bartok and others.
    I'd agree that Aranis is heavier stuff than what I know of Flairck (even the 2.0)... to the point that I wonder what the Aranis members are doing in the latter band (except finding a gig until their next project)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I'd agree that Aranis is heavier stuff than what I know of Flairck (even the 2.0)... to the point that I wonder what the Aranis members are doing in the latter band (except finding a gig until their next project)
    “Even 2.0” is hardly appropriate to say,as the new compositions by Joris and Pablo seem heavier, and so is the arrangement of the old stuff.

I had the pleasure of hearing (the new) Flairck at the wonderful Gouveia Art Rock festival in May this year. Great group, brilliant musicianship, fine compositions and an outgoing performance with a sense of humour. I had never heard of Flairck before, so with perspective, they could do no wrong in my book.

It has been officially announced that 2 flute players are added to the Lineup of Flairck 2.0.

One is Jeroen Goossens, who has played with Flairck before.
    The other is...... Jana Arns!

So Aranis is dead, long live Flairck!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    It has been officially announced that 2 flute players are added to the Lineup of Flairck 2.0.

One is Jeroen Goossens, who has played with Flairck before.
    The other is...... Jana Arns!

So Aranis is dead, long live Flairck!
    hopefully, they'll be touring in middle North Holland soon, so I can say hello to her again after their February goodbye
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    hopefully, they'll be touring in middle North Holland soon, so I can say hello to her again after their February goodbye
    I asked Jana. So far only 2 shows are planned. 17 of August in Nijmegen and the 18th in Belsele. More shows might follow.
    Might go to the show in Nijmegen.