Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink Floyd Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    You didn't know that? What band did you think was playing that music?
    Didn't see it mentioned. Thought I might be misremembering. I don't remember the music truthfully. Though I do remember the cover art.

Saw this thread about Floyd and didn't think I needed to start a new one even if this is slightly off topic.

I'd swear I saw in a doc, somewhere, that the artwork for Zeppelin's Presence was originally intended for Floyd but I can't find any documentation of this. I re-watched the WYWH doc and it wasn't in there so I don't know if I've remembered this right. Maybe it wasn't Floyd that the art was for?

Maybe I'm just confusing stories of other bands.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Saw this thread about Floyd and didn't think I needed to start a new one even if this is slightly off topic.

I'd swear I saw in a doc, somewhere, that the artwork for Zeppelin's Presence was originally intended for Floyd but I can't find any documentation of this. I re-watched the WYWH doc and it wasn't in there so I don't know if I've remembered this right. Maybe it wasn't Floyd that the art was for?

Wasn't it meant for a Genesis album? Although it does look more Floydish.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post

Wasn't it meant for a Genesis album? Although it does look more Floydish.
    I think that in Rael74's recent TotT thread, he says that Genesis turned it down as a suggestion from Hypgnosis. Thankfully so, because it's one of the duo's least attractive (actually, it's so ugly - IMHO - that it is repulsive) project.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Ok, I confused Floyd with Genesis, that doesn't surprise me. Easy mistake there. That makes sense but who knows if it's true. Anyway, it is ugly stuff.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000