Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: importcds.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

importcds.com

I don't think I've ever ordered from importcds.com

How reliable are they, and how are their shipping times within the US?

Thanks in advance!

I've ordered a few used cds on Amazon from them & I'd remember if there was a problem, so by inference, they must be ok.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I've ordered direct from their website numerous times. I've never had any problems, and shipping is prompt. You have to be creative with their search engine. Sometimes you have to try several approaches to get a title to come up. Prices vary quite a bit depending on the titles, but overall they are very competitive, and they sell a lot of back catalog stuff super cheap.

I've ordered a few cds from them, mostly through Amazon marketplace.No problems.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Ordered numerous (dozens, maybe even 100+?) CDs from them via Amazon or Ebay over the years and have never had any problems. Average shipping time to Canada is about 2 weeks.

I'm another customer who's ordered dozens of things from them through Amazon's marketplace. Stuff usually arrives in a little over a week, and they have never screwed up an order. Great experiences all around.
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

ImportCDs is great, if they have the item in stock. They list a dren load of stuff on their site they don't actually have in stock. So frequently, I would order something, wait about three or four weeks, then finally get an e-mail saying they're cancelling the order because they couldn't re-order it. Same thing with Deep Discount, too, btw.

So if you don't mind not knowing whether you'll get something you order or not, they're fine. At least with Amazon, they tell you up front if something's out of stock.

Ordering ImportCDs stuff through Amazon works out much better than ordering through ImportCDs directly, though you'll pay more for shipping.

I've used them several times, both direct and through Amazon...I find them reliable and they often have the best prices on import items.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Another person who has done business through Amazon marketplace and has been consistently satisfied by the experience. I rarely get discs within a week, but always within two.

I just preordered the new King Crimson box through their site directly. We'll see how that goes.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I have had problems with them: at least one item that got lost, probably due to an incorrect address label, which they didn't make good on (very inexpensive, not worth making a fuss over); also not being able to fill items and refunding the purchase price only, not the postage amount.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I just preordered the new King Crimson box through their site directly. We'll see how that goes.
    I just did the same. I meant to do it through Amazon but forgot! I'm sure it will be fine. Couldn't resist that price!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I meant to do it through Amazon but forgot!
    I'm so ticked off at Amazon right now after they removed an item from my shopping cart (a Rush CD, as it happens) because it is now available to Prime members only, that I'm giving Import CDs another chance!

I didn't think there were any items available to Prime members only. What Rush CD is it?

I've purchased from ImportCDs from their site, from Amazon and from Ebay. They're top notch. No problems, going on probably 10 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I didn't think there were any items available to Prime members only. What Rush CD is it?
    Grace Under Pressure. I notice that several Rush CDs currently have the same restriction, at least Signals, Permanent Waves, and Fly by Night, while other titles can be purchased normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Grace Under Pressure. I notice that several Rush CDs currently have the same restriction, at least Signals, Permanent Waves, and Fly by Night, while other titles can be purchased normally.
    WOW! I see for GuP it says "Exclusively for Prime Members." WTF? I *am* a Prime member and I find this offensive. I had no idea they ever did this - it's new thing, I think.

I ordered Brian Eno's Before and After Science and got a Seth McFarlane CD (yes the Family Guy guy).

Don't order from importCDs.

That's a great album! Weird restriction. Used to be at my local Best Buy for $5. You'd be better off going to discogs!

Never had a problem with them. Have always ordered via Amazon.

If you read carefully, the $4.99 price is for prime members only. You can still buy the CD and importcds has it for $2.49 currently. Fine print...worth reading.
    "And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the penis of an alien?"

I ordered a Wishbone Ash cd from importcds and got some cd by one of those B+ grade metal guitar gods (someone like Zakk Wylde, it wasn't him, but I forget who it was). They told me to ship it back--at my expense. Then they told me they never received it, so they refused to refund my money. Probably the biggest bunch of jerks I have ever dealt with through Amazon marketplace. I then wrote a one-star review for them and they responded that my story was likely untrue.

^^^
    For returned items I've shipped back to any vendors including importcds, I've been mailed a postage paid label to affix to the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Geech View Post
    If you read carefully, the $4.99 price is for prime members only. You can still buy the CD
    Not from Amazon you can't. You're talking about Amazon Marketplace sellers, of which importcds is one. But you can't get free shipping that way, or even combine shipping with another item, so that $2.49 CD would actually be $6.45. Fine print...worth understanding.

"I'm so ticked off at Amazon right now after they removed an item from my shopping cart (a Rush CD, as it happens) because it is now available to Prime members only, that I'm giving Import CDs another chance!"

This is what I was responding to. This doesn't mention anything about the shipping, only the availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    ^^^
    For returned items I've shipped back to any vendors including importcds, I've been mailed a postage paid label to affix to the package.
    Importcds did not send me a prepaid mailer... But my bad experience with them was a few years ago so maybe they have improved their service.