Page 183 of 237 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 5923

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I didn't reply when Shadow first posted that, but as someone who was actually there when the Pfizer vaccine was being developed I am of the opinion that the science was followed and the vaccines are safe. As you point millions of people have received J & J, Pfizer, Moderna vaccines without incident.
    My understanding -- as a non-virologist, non-doctor, non-scientist -- is that the mRNA vaccines are inherently safer than the "killed virus" vaccines like polio, flu, rabies, hep A because they are designed to attach to and attack the protein shell rather than the actual coronavirus inside the shell. We have indeed had marvelous success with the three big vaccines, with 12.7 BILLION doses now deployed.

Unfortunately, there is no vaccine for stupidity.

I didn't reply when Shadow first posted that, but as someone who was actually there when the Pfizer vaccine was being developed I am of the opinion that the science was followed and the vaccines are safe. As you point millions of people have received J & J, Pfizer, Moderna vaccines without incident.
    They thought Agent Orange was safe when spraying it all over our troops. Only time will tell the tale of the tape.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    My understanding -- as a non-virologist, non-doctor, non-scientist -- is that the mRNA vaccines are inherently safer than the "killed virus" vaccines like polio, flu, rabies, hep A because they are designed to attach to and attack the protein shell rather than the actual coronavirus inside the shell. We have indeed had marvelous success with the three big vaccines, with 12.7 BILLION doses now deployed.

mRNA is the future of medicine and will be a game changer for many diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Well, elections help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They thought Agent Orange was safe when spraying it all over our troops. Only time will tell the tale of the tape.
    . Agent Orange was a weed killer before Vietnam.
    Last edited by ronmac; 11-13-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

mRNA is the future of medicine and will be a game changer for many diseases.
    The number one reason given by people who don't trust them is they're too new. Fact is mRNA technology was more than a decade in the making. It fortuitously came to fruition just in time for Covid. That's when people started *HEARING* about mRNA vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Roundup was supposed to be the cutting edge in herbicides. So much so Monsanto invested billions in genetically engineering crops to withstand Roundup. Turns out that also has health risks.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    . Agent Orange was a weed killer before Vietnam.
    And post-Vietnam, Agent Orange is a Russian asset.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Ma went on a sedative drip (Versed) Yesterday and Fentanyl injections every 6 hours. I don't expect her to regain consciousness. So far 31 days in Hospice.

I'm Ok with this. She Chose how / when to end her life. I hope I Can Choose at my end too.

I'm observing my brothers reactions...and their variations on the subject. One wanted kidney function tests, Blood Pressure monitoring. I pointed out to both that this is Not a Hospital stay....the goal isn't to heal....the goal is to pass away without pain and anxiety. It can be easy to lose the plot temporarily when this has been going on for 31 days and you are now 3000 miles from it. He was here 10 of the 31 days. I'm here 2x / day.....62 trips to Hospice.....and I'm doing daily e-mail updates to friends, family etc. Boy, do I relish the end-of-day cocktail in the Hot Tub! My Endocrinologist is not thrilled with my Blood sugar levels... but she understands....My Ma was also her patient....she even paid social visits to Ma in Hospice.

Now.....I just jump out of my skin a little bit when the phone rings.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

^ Hang in there Gary. I fully understand your position. You're handling it as it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The number one reason given by people who don't trust them is they're too new. Fact is mRNA technology was more than a decade in the making. It fortuitously came to fruition just in time for Covid. That's when people started *HEARING* about mRNA vaccines..
    Yup, all true.

Ember
    Yes, Gary, you are well-focused on easing her journey to the exit and not on your own need to assuage personal guilt, which so many children of dying parents seem to do. Your siblings need to remember that it's not about them.

I hope everyone at this stage has completed a Living Will, and has made sure all who may be involved in your end stage -- family, doctors, etc. -- are aware of it and have immediate access. Ghod knows my greatest fear is to be conscious in an unresponsive body, and I make sure everyone knows it.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

My Ma passed away this AM. A long full life. And she ended it on her own terms.

And 3000 miles away in Florida, my older brother enters hospital with pneumonia.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

^^ Sorry, bro. I'm glad she was able to go as she wished. Most people don't get that opportunity.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My condolences.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Condolences on your Mom's passing, and hoping for the best for your brother.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I feel bad for you, Gary. Your mom and now your brother. I wish I could offer advice or some nice words. I am speechless.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Sorry to read that Gary. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post

And 3000 miles away in Florida, my older brother enters hospital with pneumonia.
    So sorry, Gary. I hope you find comfort soon.
    Regards,

Duncan

My deepest sympathies to you and yours.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ember
    I'm inspired by stories of those who can define their lives all the way to the end. But disturbed by how our culture seems to remain so ill-equipped to deal with end-of-life issues in general.

Stay strong, Gary.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post

Very sorry for your loss Gary.

My condolences. I lost my mom, aunt, and older brother in a 6 month time frame about 5-6 years ago.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Ron, you use Agent Orange on your tomatoes, don't you? Blast Wagner while spraying it on I'll bet!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Very sorry for your loss, Gary. Hang in there!