Page 151 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 5932

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post

In my world, the best way to enjoy being a geezer is to stay as fit and active as possible.......and avoid political arguments.
    Fixed it for you.

Advice going forward into my mid-60s

did I shit my pants.jpg
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

In my world, the best way to enjoy being a geezer is to stay as fit and active as possible.
    I'm only off by one letter!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Regards,

Duncan

Let's not allow this geezer conversation to become another Covid conversation.

Yes, Covid is out there. We got your shots or we didn't, and we did or didn't have a reaction.

Let's move on

In my world, the best way to enjoy being a geezer is to stay as fit and active as possible. Will it make me live longer? Maybe not. But I'm assuming I'll have a more comfortable, 'geezerhood', with fewer aches and pains and complaints.
    I get your point, but, it is a serious factor these days for geezers.

It's not political, but some choose to view everything through the lens of politics. Heaven forbid someone should bring up Social Security or union pensions.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Advice going forward into my mid-60s

did I shit my pants.jpg
    So far, the day has started off nicely.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Saw this on Twitter - made me laugh
    2d52a5559ab7c224d4dac242bc4edfab.jpg

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We are getting 10 KN95 masks from a group called Project N95. Inexpensive and we'll feel safer going out and about in this wasteland of unvaccinated asshats. This state can't budge above 52% fully vaccinated and none of the unvaxxed wear masks.
    I have yet to see N95 masks for sale where we live. I've seen photos of them, so I know what they look like. Of course, it was eight months after they first told us to stay home and to wear a mask if you go out, that we saw the first masks in the stores. And those were pieces of shit that fell apart when you tried to put them on. Eventually we got paper masks that look like surgical masks but have a warning that they are not. And then the stores started selling cloth masks, that we use because it's what we can get, even though we have heard cloth is not the best. At least they can be laundered. Recently got some black polypropylene masks that say they are for one-time use and also warn they they are not personal protective equipment. Seems like stores are happy to sell you stuff, but not so anxious to get you real protection.

Most of the state is about 60% fully vaccinated, but there is one nearby county that remains stuck at about 20%. An embarrassment. The unmasked and improperly masked (unless covid is spread through your chin) outnumber the masked many places.

I googled "Project N95" but it sits and spins and no page ever opens.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Here ya go, Alan

https://www.projectn95.org/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Thanks, Jerol.
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I googled "Project N95" but it sits and spins and no page ever opens.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My wife and I just bought N95 masks. I have been wearing one that I already have now. I can't recall the vaccination rate in Ontario right now but it's interesting that Quebec (second largest province in Canada) sitting around 90%. Quebec just announced hefty fines to all unvaccinated. Pretty controversial but popular with the general public.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My wife and I just bought N95 masks. I have been wearing one that I already have now. I can't recall the vaccination rate in Ontario right now but it's interesting that Quebec (second largest province in Canada) sitting around 90%. Quebec just announced hefty fines to all unvaccinated. Pretty controversial but popular with the general public.
    Quebec has balls. Good for them and their citizens for putting health first.

Screw the whining and selfish snowflakes. Their right to be an asshole ends when it meets my right to live in a safe environment.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

While in the car, my wife had Howard Stern on. One of the staff was going through a list of vaccine deniers who were on social media spouting conspiracy theories/blatant misinformation and THEN caught COVID and died. There's been quite a few. Howard and company were less than sympathetic.

My wife is going to get a routine colonoscopy next week. The prep has indeed been streamlined but she still has to pound down a gallon of clear fluid.

I spent years in college studying science. I can sympathize with people who are ignorant through no fault of their own, but people who are belligerently, intentionally, whiningly stupid and spout lies that get people killed? Nope. Karma can't catch up to them too soon.

While in the car, my wife had Howard Stern on. One of the staff was going through a list of vaccine deniers who were on social media spouting conspiracy theories/blatant misinformation and THEN caught COVID and died. There's been quite a few. Howard and company were less than sympathetic.

They are immortalized here https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAwards/

I bought some KN-95 masks on amazon. They appear to be plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I bought some KN-95 masks on amazon. They appear to be plentiful.
    My wife ordered, I think, 50 of them. We never go out, except for grocery shopping, so they should last a while.

But, it's like three weeks for delivery.

I still have KN95 masks from the start of the pandemic. When I was vaxxed, and the pandemic started easing, I switched to surgical masks....saving my KN95 supply.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I mostly use the surgical masks and some cloth ones. I haven't gotten sick once.

^ I used to be the same way, Vic, but have you seen the recent data on transmission times for Covid, depending on which type of mask you are wearing? It's startling.

Ours just came in today. Just in time for a memorial service with strangers. Luckily, the family had a sign outside requiring masks.

One guy was without a mask. A son of the deceased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I mostly use the surgical masks and some cloth ones. I haven't gotten sick once.
    I use public transport, significantly increasing my risk.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    That's probably equally effective. (I kid, I kid!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I wonder how many little kids ralphed after spinning around on that thing for a while. Makes me dizzy just looking at it.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.