Page 78 of 239 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5954

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Getting a colonoscopy on Friday. Have had them every five years since I was 40, so this is my fifth. I start the preparation tomorrow. Not looking forward to drinking a gallon of that awful laxative and not straying far from the bathroom.
    Are you going to get the Fantastic Voyage video thru your entrails while under the influence of drugs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, she is an advocate of several “alternative” therapies. I think she has even written some books about them. She is a cancer survivor and has claimed that some of these therapies cured her. If I remember correctly, she had surgery and radiation, but declined Chemotherapy. Her views have been criticized by the medical community and the American Cancer Society, but I don't know a lot of details.
    This is what I’ve been waiting for:

The National Cancer Institute is an organization mandated by U.S. law to educate Americans about cancer and the latest research efforts. According to its website, NCI is touted as “the U.S. government’s principal agency for cancer research.” And recently, it quietly admitted that cancer cells have been killed by cannabis in a lab setting.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-...s-that-cannabi

Getting a colonoscopy on Friday. Have had them every five years since I was 40, so this is my fifth. I start the preparation tomorrow. Not looking forward to drinking a gallon of that awful laxative and not straying far from the bathroom.
    Every five years, it's starting to sound like you enjoy them. I'd stay away from Matt Lauer if I were you. I've never had one yet. I mentioned to the doctor earlier this year about one and she gave me one of those poop tests, she said the results said I was fine but your poop smells like shit.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    I’m surprised to hear that: it is no longer necessary at all to drink so much. These days there are very effective laxatives/cleansers that only require a brief fast and a small bottle of medication. I’m afraid your doc is behind the times!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    I’m surprised to hear that: it is no longer necessary at all to drink so much. These days there are very effective laxatives/cleansers that only require a brief fast and a small bottle of medication. I’m afraid your doc is behind the times!
    Hmmm....mine was only about 1.5 years ago and they had me drink a couple different kinds of laxative then some sort of powder that I had to mix with whatever flavor of Gatorade I wanted (well...that may have been limited to certain colors, I'm not sure). Also they said I probably wouldn't need another one for ten years since they can just do the stool sample once every year or two.
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    I'm at high risk and I go to a top guy every 3 years, this was the first time I didn't have to drink 3-4 liters and it was quite easy and a relief! I couldn't find or recall the medication looking online, but it wasn't even a liter of medication and was used with Miralax. If somebody really wants to know PM me and i'll find out the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    And recently, it quietly admitted that cancer cells have been killed by cannabis in a lab setting.
    How does an agency "quietly admit" something? By using font size 2 in a notice?

I have a friend who heads a cancer research lab, and he told me "Lots of substances kill cancer cells - in a petri dish."

Maybe good news: A chemical found in cannabis was recently synthesized to use against pancreatic cancer. In natural form, it would take a field of plants to be used for one person.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-compound.html

I’m surprised to hear that: it is no longer necessary at all to drink so much. These days there are very effective laxatives/cleansers that only require a brief fast and a small bottle of medication.
    I had a second one done two years ago and I received the above as well. MUCH better prep than the first time.
    Last edited by Lou; 10-09-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    What the hell is a dislocated rib and how does one do that? Not joking here but I've never heard of that and am really curious
    It is when a rib is no longer attached at an insertion point. It can be caused by blunt force trauma, or as simple as a cough or a sneeze. Basically, you have a top or bottom of a rogue rib hanging freely and wreaking havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I had a second one done two tears ago and I received the above as well. MUCH better prep than the first time.
    Subliminal emotional content?
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    In natural form, it would take a field of plants to be used for one person.
    Where can we sign up?

Are you going to get the Fantastic Voyage video thru your entrails while under the influence of drugs
    Nope, I'll be knocked out. Don't want see, hear, or feel anything.
    Last edited by Lopez; 10-09-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Every five years, it's starting to sound like you enjoy them.
    Not here, Ed. There's history of colon cancer in the family, so I'll take it up the rump every five years to be sure.
    Lou

When my wife had the procedure a couple years ago, she had the smaller bottle for preparation. I'm going to the same doc for this, so maybe I'm more full of crap than she is.
    Lou

I'll take it up the rump every five years to be sure.
    What kind of beer goes with that so I know what to bring to Progday next year.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    In natural form, it would take a field of plants to be used for one person.
    How many times through Dark Side of the Moon on repeat would that be?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Raquel Welch in a little submarine

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Subliminal emotional content?

Yeah, I wished they hadn't used a telescope!

Yeah, I wished they hadn't used a telescope!
    lol, there would have been more than two tears in that case (at least for me, hahaha).
    <sig out of order>

It is when a rib is no longer attached at an insertion point. It can be caused by blunt force trauma, or as simple as a cough or a sneeze. Basically, you have a top or bottom of a rogue rib hanging freely and wreaking havoc.
    In my case it was doing deadlifts in the gym - before I learned the correct form, and before I was ready for such a heavy weight.
    Regards,

Duncan

This is what I’ve been waiting for:

The National Cancer Institute is an organization mandated by U.S. law to educate Americans about cancer and the latest research efforts. According to its website, NCI is touted as “the U.S. government’s principal agency for cancer research.” And recently, it quietly admitted that cancer cells have been killed by cannabis in a lab setting.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-...s-that-cannabi
    Interesting. Just for the record though, I don't think Suzanne Summers alternate advocacy had anything to do with Cannibis if I remember correctly.

I get one every 5 years. My Grandmother on my father’s side died of Colon cancer. My mother and sister have both had cancerous polyps, so it runs in the family. So far so good……..

I've been diagnosed and treated for Ulcerative Colitis for the last 8 years with a drug named Budesonide, which, while a steroid, unlike anabolic steroids, has only one purpose, to shrink the colon and lessen symptoms, at which it's effective.

This year at my annual physical, my PCP (who I trust implicitly), asked me if I wanted to, at age 75, stop receiving reminders that a colonoscopy is overdue (last one at age 69 & clean), since she (AND I) think at this point the risk outweighs the the reward in my case.

There are are 8 million (now 12 million) stories in the Naked City......
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Makes sense. I once took a bong rip and coughed therefore throwing my back out for the day. We should ban coughing.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    We should ban coughing.
    Then what do you do when the doctor grabs your balls.