Page 88 of 239 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 5959

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    So, the verdict is in and I just found out for sure yesterday that I will be having both of my knees replaced. I will get the first one done and then 6 to 8 weeks later get the 2nd one done. Have any of you had this surgery and if so, how long was it before you went back to work? I am in pretty good shape, ride my stationary bike most day, still use a weight machine.
    My wife had a replacement long ago. Her story was a bit different from most, though, so her (6-month) recovery time isn't relevant. However, I can provide the following strong advice:

- DO the therapy afterward.

- Concentrate on flex. If you allow the scar tissue to form around the wound, you won't be able to bend your leg much - and you'll be surprised how much that affects your day-to-day life. So whether you're walking or not, keep it moving, as that prevents the scar tissue from forming in locations that would block your flex. Most patients get around 100 degrees of flex. I know a few who have as much as 125 degrees - but that's unusual. By wife is lucky with 115 degrees - but she had to have a (small) procedure to get it to that point.

- My wife found that the best therapy, by far, was a stationary bike. She bought one and saved a ton on therapist sessions.

Good luck!
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    My wife had a replacement long ago. Her story was a bit different from most, though, so her (6-month) recovery time isn't relevant. However, I can provide the following strong advice:

- DO the therapy afterward.

- Concentrate on flex. If you allow the scar tissue to form around the wound, you won't be able to bend your leg much - and you'll be surprised how much that affects your day-to-day life. So whether you're walking or not, keep it moving, as that prevents the scar tissue from forming in locations that would block your flex. Most patients get around 100 degrees of flex. I know a few who have as much as 125 degrees - but that's unusual. By wife is lucky with 115 degrees - but she had to have a (small) procedure to get it to that point.

- My wife found that the best therapy, by far, was a stationary bike. She bought one and saved a ton on therapist sessions.

Good luck!
    Yup, I already have a stationary bike that I use at least 5 days a week.

Well... I'm at the hospital emergency room. ��Today was not a good day! I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go horseback riding. I have done this before! It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slow, but then we went a little faster. Before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It wouldn't stop! Thank goodness the manager at Walmart came out and unplugged the machine!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Hope you feel better Ed, thoughts & prayers.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well... I'm at the hospital emergency room. ��Today was not a good day! I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go horseback riding. I have done this before! It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slow, but then we went a little faster. Before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It wouldn't stop! Thank goodness the manager at Walmart came out and unplugged the machine!
    You had me believing it, Ed. Up until that last sentence.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Stay brave my friend, stay brave.

I'm actually looking forward to cataract surgery (in 6 months). Not glad I have them but the doctor said 80 percent of clients do not need glasses for distance after the operation. How cool is that?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

That'll teach you to stop horsing around.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Damned referees!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Damned referees!

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Heh heh.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Any work from the Geeze or the Ghost yet?

Or word either, I’d settle for a word.

No word or work - it's getting a little concerning
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

He's retired. The only work he needs to contend with is firing up the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Any work from the Geeze or the Ghost yet?
    See the Community forum for an update (2/28/20).
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

You know yer old when yer sittin' in a pub, on a Friday, and the clowns to my left and jokers to the right are talking about their PSA tests. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    You know yer old when yer sittin' in a pub, on a Friday, and the clowns to my left and jokers to the right are talking about their PSA tests. Lol
    Public Service Announcements? That must have been riveting.

And now we're listening to Bad Co.....Good Lovin Gone Bad.......sue me...

Well…..I saw the surgeon last Wednesday and I will be having knee replacement on both knees with the first one scheduled for late July and then 2nd one in October.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Well…..I saw the surgeon last Wednesday and I will be having knee replacement on both knees with the first one scheduled for late July and then 2nd one in October.
    Good luck sir!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

You know you're old when you call the bartender....."young man." ......

My wife had her right knee replaced on Monday.
    She has been up and around. We have three levels, it makes it more of a challenge.
    I picked up a couple of extra walkers from Goodwill today ( $16 for two! ) so that she can move more freely between floors.
    She has not had to rely on pain meds as much as she had expected.
    She does her exercises and we have had home PT therapists come by before she goes to a clinic.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    My wife had her right knee replaced on Monday.
    She has been up and around. We have three levels, it makes it more of a challenge.
    I picked up a couple of extra walkers from Goodwill today ( $16 for two! ) so that she can move more freely between floors.
    She has not had to rely on pain meds as much as she had expected.
    She does her exercises and we have had home PT therapists come by before she goes to a clinic.
    How about some Pot Therapy (PT) with 50/50 CBD/THC plus terpenes?

High level security clearances preclude dodgy treatments. But hey, if it works for you....
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain