Page 133 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5932

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm going to have Duncan distribute my ashes to all the members of PE.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm going to have Duncan distribute my ashes to all the members of PE.
    He could also mix it with tattoo ink and have a tattoo.

And yes, some people seem to do this.

Pfizer vaccine fully approved this morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-...edgdhp&pc=U531

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Agreed, there are some people who will not vaccinate no matter what. You remove one barrier and they'll just move to another. And some of them will definitely die because of it. There are people taking a deworming medication for horses as preventative against COVID. You can't fix stupid. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rge-livestock/
    I haven't followed this stuff closely, but I thought I'd seen where ivermectin was being used successfully (or at least somewhat so, and through official channels) in India? That was a few weeks ago and I never made the connection more recently when people mentioned deworming medication. Until now anyway.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post

Or do like Keith Richards and snort your parents' ashes.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post

Somewhere I have a big Kiss comic book that was supposedly printed with red ink with some of the Kiss member's blood in it! I wasn't into Kiss, my mom bought it for me thinking it might become valuable.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Pfizer vaccine fully approved this morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-...edgdhp&pc=U531
    High five!

I took the Moderna vaccine. No offense SteveSly.... I just didn't want to go through the rigmarole of dealing with CVS, so I went to Publix and just walked in, no appointment, filled out a piece of paper and got the shots.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I didn't know the vaccines were not approved when they were giving them out.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I didn't know the vaccines were not approved when they were giving them out.
    They got an emergency use authorization to get them to market faster than normal rather than the customary FDA approval, which Pfizer now has.

It took me about 8 days to feel "normal" again after the second Moderna jab. It was weird. Glad I got vaccinated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    They got an emergency use authorization to get them to market faster than normal rather than the customary FDA approval, which Pfizer now has.
    Because Israel vaccinated a million people by the beginning of January, there was plenty of data to prove safety and efficacy. They should have given formal approval way earlier. There is too much NIH in NIH. Now we are waiting for the Israeli data showing that boosting beyond elders is safe. One expert who worked on the mRNA approach to vaccine back in the 90’s, has said we need to wait for data to show whether more vaccine could cause the immune system to shut down T cell production of antibodies. An infection of a vaccinated person (26% chance in high transmission area) highly likely causes a mild cold like illness that produces a broader and more enduring immunity than the vaccine which is tuned for one protein. Israelis have the data that shows the need for a booster for elders with waning immunity. Because they vaccinated so many, so early, they have the need for the booster now. Beyond the elders is the question.

I have been extremely tired all day since my 2. Pfizer stich - 3 weeks ago.
    No other explanation is plausible.

I hope it will pass.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    With my 2nd Moderna shot, the next day I felt generally groggy, as though I needed coffee even though I had coffee. If I hadn't been paying attention to the fact that I had just had a vaccine, I might have just thought I had a lousy night's sleep or something.

I took 3 days off work to recover. Back to work and I had this bad pain in my lower back. I could walk fine but standing up from sitting was agony. A couple days later the pain went away.

All I got was a sore arm from both of my Pfizer shots. I had a slight headache after the first one, but I'm not convinced it was from the shot. My daughter just got her second one today around Noon. If she gets slammed, it might be any minute.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    All I got was a sore arm from both of my Pfizer shots. I had a slight headache after the first one, but I'm not convinced it was from the shot. My daughter just got her second one today around Noon. If she gets slammed, it might be any minute.
    That's all I got without the headache.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

So side effects at all from the Pfizer shots. Will be first in line for the booster once eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    My daughter had the aches and sweats overnight. She's still a bit out of it, but not crying, so there's that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I thought I heard months ago that people who have a bad reaction to the second jab means they have a strong immune system. It means it's working.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I thought I heard months ago that people who have a bad reaction to the second jab means they have a strong immune system. It means it's working.
    Unless you were previously infected, then the first shot feels like a second, but gives the person >26 times more immunity than two shots. However the idiot system still states get two shots, which in this case doesn’t matter, or does it since over vaccination can turn off the immune system. Still waiting on the Israeli data to prove it.

Banned
    If previously infected pre-delta, you need two shots to defend against it. Previous to delta infections aren’t the greatest for immunity wrt delta.

Unless you were previously infected,
    Never been infected as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Everybody is different and it affects different age groups differently. It is an indication that it's working, but it doesn't mean those who had no reaction were any less protected, from what I understand.

In Denmark the authorities are now talking about we should all have a 3. jab.
    But the virus will change like the flu.
    We can just hope that it will get less and less dangeous.
    Its endless.