Page 141 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 5954

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    None of these, Ron. It's an ache deep in my arm just below the shoulder. I don't get it, unless it has nothing to do with the flu shot and I've pulled something doing yard work or wringing out the wash cloth too tight.
    Don't you have gnomes to do the yard and housework for you? I do. Can't say as I recommend them; the yard and house are a mess. Lazy bastards. What was in that injection, anyway?
    Last edited by spellbound; 11-01-2021 at 06:28 PM.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    About a decade ago, my Dad was hospitalized for pneumonia. He required surgery to physically clear one of his lungs. It didn't help that he's had Valley Fever for decades, and worked most of his life in print shops, equipped with offset presses. That also caused him to lose his sense of smell. Valley Fever BTW is caused by a fungus in the soil, here in the Sonoran Desert.
    I got frenz in low deserts, so I heard of Valley Fever. I live in the high desert myself, which, contrary to popular belief, doesn't get you high at all.

None of these, Ron. It's an ache deep in my arm just below the shoulder. I don't get it, unless it has nothing to do with the flu shot and I've pulled something doing yard work or wringing out the wash cloth too tight.
    You might want to think about having it checked.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey Mozo, sorry to hear all that, but I’m glad too that your outlook is good and there are a lot of positives. Keep on keepin’ on, buddy!
    Thanks, Jed!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I had something like that develop over the summer. Made it hard to sleep on that side, had pain lifting my arm up from my side and back. Couldn't scratch my back with the right hand sort of thing.
    It never really made it hard to use my arm. It would sort of 'stab' me every once in a while right after it started. I was seeking pain killers to get a nights sleep.
    It has mostly resolved over the last month. Flares up a little. Didn't do any PT, did see a doc who recommended an ortho. Did not want mri and surgery if it wasn't a problem.
    There is some anecdotal word about vaccine related pain like this, which I have had in the past but not this bad.
    It has calmed down on it's own, so I have that going for me.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

It never really made it hard to use my arm. It would sort of 'stab' me every once in a while right after it started. I was seeking pain killers to get a nights sleep.
    It has mostly resolved over the last month. Flares up a little. Didn't do any PT, did see a doc who recommended an ortho. Did not want mri and surgery if it wasn't a problem.
    Almost sounds like tendinitis or a tendon strain (not that I'm any kind of medical person)
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Got the Pfizer booster shot yesterday. As with the others, no side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Got the Pfizer booster shot yesterday. As with the others, no side effects.
    I just hit my six-month mark a few days ago and am looking forward to getting mine. I'll have to wait for the wife. She might get her flu vaccine first. Then we'll wait a week, even though some are saying you don't need to. (I think they're saying that just to get the remaining fools who haven't gotten theirs to do so while they're already there getting one.) My doctor suggested it's still a good idea to wait.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

We're boostered and a little restless, ready to run around a little while exercising caution. And now, BOOM, another fucking variant travelling swiftly through the world. And now the little bundle of anxiety that I live with is again ready to withdraw. I think we'll make a lightning run to a small city 90 miles away to see my elderly aunt, stock up a few things, and then hide out again for several months. I got books to read, a writing project, guitars to practice on, and TV/movies to stream. Maybe it'll be safe to emerge in the spring.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Booster shot and flu shot in a week's time.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Booster and flu tomorrow afternoon.
    Probably another booster in May at this rate.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Booster and flu tomorrow afternoon.
    Probably another booster in May at this rate.
    Or a fine tuned vax for the Omicron variant, if the current one proves not so effective. That would be the beauty the new MRNA vaccines. They can be fine tuned in short amount of time.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Or a fine tuned vax for the Omicron variant, if the current one proves not so effective. That would be the beauty the new MRNA vaccines. They can be fine tuned in short amount of time.
    Indeed. Yet so many have fallen for the absolute BS about it changing our DNA. I even heard that from my dentist who, as it turns out, is a bit of a crackpot.

I know I sound like a broken record, but history will look upon the development of MNRA vaccines as one of the greatest achievements of this century. Not just for COVID, but the potential for use in cancer and other diseases is boundless.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Indeed. Yet so many have fallen for the absolute BS about it changing our DNA.
    Oh, but it does. It turns your skin orange. No one would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but history will look upon the development of MNRA vaccines as one of the greatest achievements of this century. Not just for COVID, but the potential for use in cancer and other diseases is boundless.
    And will still be rejected by 30-35% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    And will still be rejected by 30-35% of the population.
    I know. I have friends who refuse to take the vaccination and will not change their opinions. I don't understand it, but it is what it is I guess.

I know. I have friends who refuse to take the vaccination and will not change their opinions. I don't understand it, but it is what it is I guess.
    A friend and colleague was a doubter from the beginning, not only sowing doubt about the seriousness of the virus, but helping to demonize the medical and scientific communities who have dedicated their lives to keeping people safe, while scoffing at those of us who have been sounding the alarms since day one.

He died two weeks ago.

Fucking asshole probably infected others along the way.

I have ZERO patience for those who refuse the vaccine. Fuck them all. There's no reason to have any doubt.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

A friend and colleague was a doubter from the beginning, not only sowing doubt about the seriousness of the virus, but helping to demonize the medical and scientific communities who have dedicated their lives to keeping people safe, while scoffing at those of us who have been sounding the alarms since day one.

He died two weeks ago.

I have ZERO patience for those who refuse the vaccine. Fuck them all. There's no reason to have any doubt.
    As I have posted here before my wife's sister in law died from COVID back in August and was not vaccinated. We just found out last weekend that a cousin of my wife also died of COVID. My wife has a huge family, and we did not know this guy, so not sure what his circumstances were, but we suspect he was also not vaccinated.

Got the booster shot a week ago yesterday. Slight soreness the next day, but that was it. I got it in the right arm this time as the left one is still sore from the flu shot over a month ago or maybe it's just a coincidental muscle pull that refuses to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I had something like that develop over the summer. Made it hard to sleep on that side, had pain lifting my arm up from my side and back. Couldn't scratch my back with the right hand sort of thing.
    There is some anecdotal word about vaccine related pain like this, which I have had in the past but not this bad.
    It has calmed down on it's own, so I have that going for me.
    Sounds like I have the exact same thing. I'm trusting it goes away like yours did.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

And change the ball game for more routine vaccines, like the annual flu vaccine. Perhaps making it a once every 4 years, rather than an annual affair.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

He died two weeks ago.

As I have posted here before my wife's sister in law died from COVID back in August and was not vaccinated. We just found out last weekend that a cousin of my wife also died of COVID. My wife has a huge family, and we did not know this guy, so not sure what his circumstances were, but we suspect he was also not vaccinated.
    I have (had) the same kind of friend. Firm anti-vaxxer because it was all just a political game. He also died.

I have another friend who believed in the vaccines, but was "too busy" to get it. He was in the ICU for a month, flat-lined 3 times, but they managed to save him - and he now has a long recovery.

Regards,

Duncan

Indeed. Yet so many have fallen for the absolute BS about it changing our DNA. I even heard that from my dentist who, as it turns out, is a bit of a crackpot.
    Oh what BS. the DNA changes aren't the problem

Everyone knows it's it's the microchips! They've been tracking my every thought since I got the vaccines! (I hope my latest earworm drives them nuts - as it's done to me LOL)

Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Oh what BS. the DNA changes aren't the problem

Everyone knows it's it's the microchips! They've been tracking my every thought since I got the vaccines! (I hope my latest earworm drives them nuts - as it's done to me LOL)

Courtesy of Bill Gates, Hugo Chavez and JFK, Jr.