Page 95 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 5959

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I hold a boxed set with one hand for 30 seconds or so about 25 times a week.

Is anyone else tired of hearing these Covid catch phrases?

The New Normal
    We're all in this together

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post

The New Normal

Only during "these uncertain times."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I hold a boxed set with one hand for 30 seconds or so about 25 times a week.
    Wow. You get 25 new boxed sets per week? Or is this just when you're browsing in the store?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

The New Normal

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'm fed up with advertisers thinking they have to show they 'care' and they are really 'people' companies when all they really care about is the erosion of shareholder value. Just try and sell me a fucking car for gods sake!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm fed up with advertisers thinking they have to show they 'care' and they are really 'people' companies when all they really care about is the erosion of shareholder value. Just try and sell me a fucking car for gods sake!
    I was thinking about the flood of coronavirus-linked advertisement on TV, most of it disgustingly, oozingly, dramatically insincere. And, as I am naturally snarky, I tried to think up the worst possible ad for these trying times.

How about Bed, Bath and Beyond featuring their cookware? They can have a PAN-demic Sale. Our prices are sick! You can't catch a better deal if you flu to China! You'll desire us even if you have the virus! You can't mask these values!
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

My favorite was a local auto dealership who aired a spot that said something like "Due to our concern for our customers and employees, we shut down for 2 weeks, but we're back open for business and ready to serve your automotive needs." So...now we don't give a fuck about our customers and employees? What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    My favorite was a local auto dealership who aired a spot that said something like "Due to our concern for our customers and employees, we shut down for 2 weeks, but we're back open for business and ready to serve your automotive needs." So...now we don't give a fuck about our customers and employees? What changed?
    Yeah, well...it seems the whole country has gone stark raving mad. Here in Michigan we have protesters in the Capitol carrying AR-15s and waving Confederate flags. What either of those items have to do with a pandemic, I'm not at all certain. But as a Michigander, it really is embarrassing. Particularly since Michigan was a Union state whose regiments fought with notable valor at places like Gettysburg and the Battle of the Wilderness, and was the final stage of the underground railroad that funneled escaped slaves over to Canada.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I'm amazed that some of you cats watch commercials

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Yeah, well...it seems the whole country has gone stark raving mad. Here in Michigan we have protesters in the Capitol carrying AR-15s and waving Confederate flags. What either of those items have to do with a pandemic, I'm not at all certain. But as a Michigander, it really is embarrassing. Particularly since Michigan was a Union state whose regiments fought with notable valor at places like Gettysburg and the Battle of the Wilderness, and was the final stage of the underground railroad that funneled escaped slaves over to Canada.
    Be careful with what you think reality is because the media is the new reality show. (Or pseudo). The reality show takes the extreme and magnifies into extreme click bait. I don’t trust the reality of protests either. How many protestors are actually bad actors dedicated to creating a false narrative of whatever. This is what I think:

In 1½ month USA have got 22 million unemployed people. That is a 'crazy' situation.
    There must come reactions.

A polite request, as I really enjoy and benefit from this thread: can we please keep the COVID content in the COVID thread?
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    In 1½ month USA have got 22 million unemployed people. That is a 'crazy' situation.
    There must come reactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    A polite request, as I really enjoy and benefit from this thread: can we please keep the COVID content in the COVID thread?
    An alternative Covid thread wouldn't be a bad idea. A thread where we can have more lighthearted discussions without stats, doom, gloom, politics, whatnot.

The thread I avoid at all costs.

Banned
    An alternative Covid thread wouldn't be a bad idea. A thread where we can have more lighthearted discussions without stats, doom, gloom, politics, whatnot.
    Then go there it exists.

Where? You mean the Covid thread on the main board?

Banned
    Where? You mean the Covid thread on the main board?
    That’s only one I know of and have no interest in looking at. I only look at scientific analysis wrt this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    That’s only one I know of and have no interest in looking at. I only look at scientific analysis wrt this subject.
    It is the same for me. That's why I avoid this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I meant an alternative to that thread. That's a serious thread. I check it out once in a while. Just so heavy and gloomy. Anyway........

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Those far right extremist militia types claim to defend freedom, but they're the biggest threat to freedom.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

There are at least two lighthearted COVID threads. One is Prog for a Pandemic and the other is TV Episode Synopses in the COVID-19 Era.

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...for-a-pandemic

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...-19-Era-(Game)
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I'm amazed that some of you cats watch commercials
    I almost NEVER watch live TV. My DVR allows me to skip commercials, and I hardly ever see / her one.
    Regards,

Duncan

Agreed - let's keep Covid out of here.

I'm glad there's a lighthearted thread - I hope no one takes it seriously and gets all offended and causes us to close it...
    Regards,

Duncan