Page 59 of 238 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 5949

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Fairly severe arthritis in hands and feet. 3 operations on hands with not much benefit.
    Stem cell treatments in trials look promising for knees so maybe something to follow.

Was cutting some price tags off of kitchen towels and dropped the scissors (partially opened) on my right foot. The two points pierced my walking shoes and hit my big toe and adjacent one......cleaned up the bloody mess and within an hour dropped a fire log onto the Same Foot while making a fire! I guess the puncture wounds didn't satisfy Karma enough so I now have a black & blue & bloody digit!

I guess I need to improve my grip.....or start wearing my steel-toed boots around the house....

Gettin' old ain't for Sissies.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Stop drinking alcohol at breakfast
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Was cutting some price tags off of kitchen towels and dropped the scissors (partially opened) on my right foot. The two points pierced my walking shoes and hit my big toe and adjacent one......cleaned up the bloody mess and within an hour dropped a fire log onto the Same Foot while making a fire! I guess the puncture wounds didn't satisfy Karma enough so I now have a black & blue & bloody digit!

I guess I need to improve my grip.....or start wearing my steel-toed boots around the house....

Gettin' old ain't for Sissies.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

About to reach the ominous 60 mark within a few weeks.

Tbh, it scares the shit out of me. It’s the ladies, you see. Although happily married, until about 5 years ago I could feed my ego on the fact that sometimes the fairer sex did find me attractive, expressed appreciation, gave me that extra eyeball. My mojo was diminishing but, dammit, I could still muster some male charm.

But gradually, over the past 5 years, that has all started to fade. Noticeably. I get it- euro-babe runway supermodel types are not interested in a man who descends stairs THAT slowly, clearly uncertain of his footing. Fine. Delusion exposed. But I worry about my wife too, as she’s quite a bit younger than me. How long will she be attracted to me physically? Does she feel ashamed to be seen with a husband who needs a boost stepping into the cab of a truck or inches his way into a swimming pool?

I don’t need to party like a rock star, never have, but resolving myself to never again getting a second glance from the ladies is a pretty powerful punch to the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post

Tbh, it scares the shit out of me. It’s the ladies, you see. Although happily married, until about 5 years ago I could feed my ego on the fact that sometimes the fairer sex did find me attractive, expressed appreciation, gave me that extra eyeball. My mojo was diminishing but, dammit, I could still muster some male charm.

But gradually, over the past 5 years, that has all started to fade. Noticeably. I get it- euro-babe runway supermodel types are not interested in a man who descends stairs THAT slowly, clearly uncertain of his footing. Fine. Delusion exposed. But I worry about my wife too, as she’s quite a bit younger than me. How long will she be attracted to me physically? Does she feel ashamed to be seen with a husband who needs a boost stepping into the cab of a truck or inches his way into a swimming pool?

I don’t need to party like a rock star, never have, but resolving myself to never again getting a second glance from the ladies is a pretty powerful punch to the gut.
    At 74, trust me (and I WAS once a long, long time ago a LOCAL rock star here in Madison), you'll get used to it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    At 74, trust me (and I WAS once a long, long time ago a LOCAL rock star here in Madison), you'll get used to it.
    Yes...going South has much more meaning as you age..
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

You'll just have to pay attention to the second glances from the ladies of your own generation, from now on.

you know, the ones who don't run up or down the stairs anymore, have to make a little effort to climb all the way up into your lorry's cabin
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Just had my second hip transplant in 6 months

I am the hippest
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I'm 48, and I don't recall one second glance from a woman since I turned 40 and... I like it! No girlfriend either (but of course female friends), and it has been a good feeling that I'm no longer of interest as I have a lot of freedom.

Heck, I haven't even given myself a second glance in a while. Maybe I should be like a vampire or Mr. Sardonicus and remove all the mirrors from the house.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

...when you pass by a shop and notice a familiar old fart in the mirror of the window, and ask yourself who the f... was that?

I have had my share of pussy, no complains.
    As long as my wife through 30 years still takes a second glance, I am content.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Just had my second hip transplant in 6 months

I am the hippest
    Good to see you, Chain! You're still our resident "hippie" from Oz.
    Regards,

Duncan

Hahaha Thanks Duncan.

Four lots of surgery in the last 12 months have kept me out of action a bit
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I was jogging on my university grounds (in Japan) recently, when I passed the women's soccer team holding a practice. As I was running by, one of the balls skittered off the field towards me. Having been at least half-decent at sports in my past, my natural instinct was to one-touch kick it back to the players. Instead, my vision not being what it once was, I shanked it at a pathetic 90-degree angle off into no man's land.

Right at that moment, every one of those soccer players knew I had a one-inch dick.

I was jogging on my university grounds (in Japan) recently, when I passed the women's soccer team holding a practice. As I was running by, one of the balls skittered off the field towards me. Having been at least half-decent at sports in my past, my natural instinct was to one-touch kick it back to the players. Instead, my vision not being what it once was, I shanked it at a pathetic 90-degree angle off into no man's land.

Right at that moment, every one of those soccer players knew I had a one-inch dick.

The upside is, they'd never know the difference.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I get second glances regularly, but I wouldn't know what to do with 'em anyway........

but also to huge balls dangling along in their scrotum
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I get second glances regularly, but I wouldn't know what to do with 'em anyway........
    I get second looks too!......usually mid 20's women!.......they are pulling their children closer as they pass me by...

Git Off My Lawn!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Found out two days ago I have to have a hernia operation. I always thought that was for old guys - now I are one.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Found out two days ago I have to have a hernia operation. I always thought that was for old guys - now I are one.
    My son Dave Jr had one last year, just after he turned 50, I guess you are older than that...
    Dave Sr.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I had one in my forties, soccer related.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I had one in my forties, soccer related.
    You got one in the cobblers eh Ian?
    Dave Sr.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    You got one in the cobblers eh Ian?
    Quite regularly as a goalkeeper but that didn't cause the hernia
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.