Page 53 of 239 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5953

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Damn, Vic, if you can eat that hideous gel that gefilte fish is packed in (I've never been able to eat gf at all & I'm Jewish).

Hell, if you really like that stuff you've converted to Judaism whether you like it or not.
    I've only drank the gel a couple times.... The fish itself isn't bad. I usually have it with lettuce. My favorite brand is Yehuda. I might be Jewish. My mother was Cuban but she wore a Star Of David and said she was Jewish......

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    There is such a thing as the Nobel disease.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nobel_disease
    Look at the list and what most believe - the possibility of ESP. What does that have to do with a supplement that Nature has published? Only Linus Pauling promoted a supplement, Vitamin C. He was likely wrong but just one Nobel laureate. In this case, the 9 laureates are endorsing NR that had amazing results in mice and now two studies have shown impressive results for those over 65.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Look at the list and what most believe - the possibility of ESP. What does that have to do with a supplement that Nature has published? Only Linus Pauling promoted a supplement, Vitamin C. He was likely wrong but just one Nobel laureate. In this case, the 9 laureates are endorsing NR that had amazing results in mice and now two studies have shown impressive results for those over 65.
    Mice are not humans. There is still a long way to go and to find out if there are no unwanted side-effects.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Please stop the continual hype of your miracle drug, its starting to make this thread extremely tiresome & I'm enjoying the rest of the contributions, it's like having a pharma ad popping up every 15 minutes in a sporting event on TV, irritating and unavoidable.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Mice are not humans. There is still a long way to go and to find out if there are no unwanted side-effects.
    NR has been tested in humans up to 1,000 mg with no negative side effects and most take 250 mg a day. Two years ago, a lead NR scientist said 200,000 people were taking NR and sales have been strong with more advertising, so likely more than 600,000 are taking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Please stop the continual hype of your miracle drug, its starting to make this thread extremely tiresome & I'm enjoying the rest of the contributions, it's like having a pharma ad popping up every 15 minutes in a sporting event on TV, irritating and unavoidable.
    I have simply reported human trial results and have never hyped anything. There are several months in between a few posts where I post nothing. Oh, NR is just a type of vitamin B3, not a drug. I know that you guys aren't science people but look at the title of this thread.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    15 posts in the last 24 hours - B O R I N G
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

There is such a thing as the Nobel disease.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nobel_disease

oooh good one , Renate

rotflmao.gif Bisous04.gif

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    I have simply reported human trial results and have never hyped anything. There are several months in between a few posts where I post nothing. Oh, NR is just a type of vitamin B3, not a drug. I know that you guys aren't science people but look at the title of this thread.
    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...s_in_the_loft/

siffle.gif
    Last edited by Trane; 04-11-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    15 posts in the last 24 hours - B O R I N G
    Notice that I was just responding to others.

It's amusing that Trane thinks he knows more than the nine Nobel Laureates. What is your secret, son?

While yami's style is a bit heavy handed, I'm happy to have the information. I can then do my own research, should I choose to.

Yeah, we got it. Stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Yeah, we got it. Stop now.
    I think you forgot to add please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I've only drank the gel a couple times.... The fish itself isn't bad. I usually have it with lettuce. My favorite brand is Yehuda. I might be Jewish. My mother was Cuban but she wore a Star Of David and said she was Jewish......
    I didn't mind gefilte fish before I turned vegan, with tons of Gold's Horseradish- the red one - spread over it. Then I went to a friends house and they served it heated up - with the gel melted into a kind of broth!?!?! It was not too bad.
    Now haggis, on the other hand, I really loved growing up - I'm Scottish from Glasgow. Haggis and chips - just amazing. I never thought of it as particularly weird or even controversial - just ground meat - like what Americans call hamburger - just different parts - and a different animal - a sheep to be exact. It's not even spicy - maybe a bit of black pepper and clove. Never had stuffed derma?

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I didn't mind gefilte fish before I turned vegan, with tons of Gold's Horseradish- the red one - spread over it. Then I went to a friends house and they served it heated up - with the gel melted into a kind of broth!?!?! It was not too bad.
    Now haggis, on the other hand, I really loved growing up - I'm Scottish from Glasgow. Haggis and chips - just amazing. I never thought of it as particularly weird or even controversial - just ground meat - like what Americans call hamburger - just different parts - and a different animal - a sheep to be exact. It's not even spicy - maybe a bit of black pepper and clove. Never had stuffed derma?
    The Jewish name for stuffed derma is kischka, and my (Jewish) father with a Lenny Bruce sense of humor used to joke when I was a kid that kischka killed more Jews than Hitler.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

The Jewish name for stuffed derma is kischka, and my (Jewish) father with a Lenny Bruce sense of humor used to joke when I was a kid that kischka killed more Jews than Hitler.
    Any connection to the "Who Stole The Keeshka" song which was a staple on the Hoolihan and Big Chuck Show " in the 60s and early 70s?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFBef0NhDY

(Droppin' all kinds of Cleveland lore here)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Any connection to the "Who Stole The Keeshka" song which was a staple on the Hoolihan and Big Chuck Show " in the 60s and early 70s?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFBef0NhDY

(Droppin' all kinds of Cleveland lore here)
    YUP!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

kischka killed more Jews than Hitler.
    : lol

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Have you tried Lutefisk? It's that fish Trane was talking about. It's whitefish fermented or something.

Have you tried Lutefisk? It's that fish Trane was talking about. It's whitefish fermented or something.
    Lutefisk is one of Norway's national dishes (insert hamburger/hot dog analogy here).

I wouldn't now because I only eat plant-based food, but even back in the day when I ate everything from horse, ostrich and prairie oysters to deep fried salt n vinegar flavoured crickets - I still think lutefisk would be too much to take - and I only know it from the same TV show.

I was thinking the fish reference was to surströmming.
    <sig out of order>

I often drink a supplement that consists of water, yeast, malt, and a high amount of hops. Extraordinarily therapeutic.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Only if allowed to ferment.

Which brings us around to haggis again.

"Can you get those heart, liver & lung sandwiches to go"?

Lucky Man
    Apologies if I've mentioned this here(or anywhere else nearby), but it sometimes just needs to be said, lol needs to be told.

My old man, whose specialty may have been sarcasm, both the subtle kind and the less so, often would say later in his life, with absolutely straight face, "Son? Don't ever get old."

Ya think I'd listen...
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.