Page 49 of 238 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5948

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

I used a stripper on my dresser last week. Took it down to bare wood.

^ Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Male or female?
    Feemale.....

Because there is a "fee" involved.......

A had a camera up me arse yesterday. It was over in the blink of an eye. I'm good. No polyps.....

Congratulations - always a good feeling when the reviews for your latest 'film' are positive.

Good news Vic but I'm still waiting for photos of that Cuban stripper. Or was it a male Cuban stripper?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ba ha ha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    A had a camera up me arse yesterday. It was over in the blink of an eye. I'm good. No polyps.....
    apparently, I had two, but were removed. Nothing to worry about they told me... I'd want to see the film, though.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Not me

I've looked at my colonoscopy film. Just a pink tunnel.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Maaaaan! Never heard of a spoiler alert?

la vie en rose, then??

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Maaaaan! Never heard of a spoiler alert?
    Well, we can put in a few red or brown spots if you want more action in that movie, if you wish.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Ok, so what's with being wide awake at 5:30-6am? I always heard that shit happened, but until a few months ago, it didn't mean shit to me, I slept like a baby till 7:30-8am every work day, no problem. Now, even on weekends, I'm staring at the alarm clock at alarmingly early times.
    One of the consequences is now I'm having fucking naps on the couch when I get home from work! Or in the afternoon on a weekend day. wtf? I also get paranoid when I have a concert or somewhere to go in the evening...shit, didn't catch a nap today...am I gonna fall asleep at the show? lol Of course I never do...but my brain is still trying to come to grips with these early mornings lol.

...and while I'm at it... I used to scoff at an 8-slice. Now after 3, I'm throwing up my hands...ok maayyyyybe one more slice. Fuck you old age.

Banned
    ^^^
    I wouldn't be too worried unless you're falling asleep when you don't want to or can't get at six hours sleep in one block consistently. Otherwise it's normal to require less sleep as we age and IMO it is healthy to take a short nap or two for ~20 minutes or so during the day. Sometimes at work I go out to my car just so I can have a quick nap. Some far sighted companies even have cots so that their employees can grab a "power nap".

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Ok, so what's with being wide awake at 5:30-6am? I always heard that shit happened, but until a few months ago, it didn't mean shit to me, I slept like a baby till 7:30-8am every work day, no problem. Now, even on weekends, I'm staring at the alarm clock at alarmingly early times.
    One of the consequences is now I'm having fucking naps on the couch when I get home from work! Or in the afternoon on a weekend day. wtf? I also get paranoid when I have a concert or somewhere to go in the evening...shit, didn't catch a nap today...am I gonna fall asleep at the show? lol Of course I never do...but my brain is still trying to come to grips with these early mornings lol.

...and while I'm at it... I used to scoff at an 8-slice. Now after 3, I'm throwing up my hands...ok maayyyyybe one more slice. Fuck you old age.
    In the words of CTA (before they had to drop the TA):

"It's only the beginning (repeat like a mantra)"
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    ^^^
    I wouldn't be too worried unless you're falling asleep when you don't want to or can't get at six hours sleep in one block consistently. Otherwise it's normal to require less sleep as we age and IMO it is healthy to take a short nap or two for ~20 minutes or so during the day. Sometimes at work I go out to my car just so I can have a quick nap. Some far sighted companies even have cots so that their employees can grab a "power nap".
    Those are smart companies. When I fall asleep at my desk, I risk using the group benefits for chiro visits after bobbing and weaving through a 20 min nap.
    You're right though, I don't really feel any worse.... it's really more about getting used to it at this point. Thanks and cheers.

In the words of CTA (before they had to drop the TA):

"It's only the beginning (repeat like a mantra)"
    Thanks buddy!

Any of you oldsters watching The Masters?

Banned

That Reed kid is playing out of his mind.

Pretty fun so far. Glad Tiger's still playing on the weekend, and Speith as well. Rooting for Rory to come from behind and capture the career slam. With him and Reed in the final pairing it'll be match play (which I love) unless someone else makes an early charge.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Pretty fun so far. Glad Tiger's still playing on the weekend
    How the mighty have fallen. I got interested in golf because of Tiger. I'm not really rooting for him though. It is kind of a shame to see how his career has gone in the last 7-8 years. I'm referring to his health issues.

Oh hell yes!!

Glad Tiger's still playing on the weekend...
    I wish he wasn't. It's time for him to drop his golf bag in the garden shed and fade away. I was a big fan when he was younger, and I was AT the Masters in 2001, and watched him wrap up his grand slam. But his shows of bad sportsmanship, barely-contained temper tantrums and unpleasentness towards his fans soured me a long time ago.

It also pisses me off that there was a full field of players, yet the cameras and the commentary hung sychophantically onto Wood's every move.

Note to the producers:
    Focus on the GAME, and if you want to focus on a few key players, watch the LEADERS! Woods is irrelevant, and should have faded into obscurity a long time ago.

...Rooting for Rory to come from behind and capture the career slam. With him and Reed in the final pairing it'll be match play (which I love) unless someone else makes an early charge.
    Regards,

Duncan