Page 15 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Medical MJ? Pffft. Come January, I'll be able to purchase it, grow it, & carry it for recreational use if I so please.
    Where are you? All of states that passed recreational will not have retail in place until near 2018.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    MA. I misread. Jan 1, 2018.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    While I was refreshing my memory, I read the particulars: Up to 1 oz allowed on the street, up to 10 oz's allowed in the residence, up to 6 plants in the residence.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

The only reason i was able to retire early was money left by my mom in her will(divided equally between me, my brother and sister).None of us had any idea my mom had the type of assets she possessed.She was a NYC school teacher all her working life.Her assets must have come from my father's will;, he passed away six years before her.His(apparently considerable funds) must have come from his father's real estate holdings in lower Manhattan(Greenwich Village).

We're not talking mega bucks here, just enough to keep the wolf at bay.It's a cold cruel world out there.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The penalty was intended to induce young people who otherwise wouldn't purchase health insurance to purchase it, thus offsetting the higher costs to the insurance companies of insuring the sick and those with expensive chronic or catastrophic conditions. It wasn't stupid at all. However, they made the penalty far too low and didn't enforce it, thus making the cost of Obamacare prohibitive for the Insurance companies and blowing up the system.
    Agreed. Repeal Reagan's Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act and the young-and-dumb knuckleheads will be lining up to purchase healthcare insurance.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just to let you know I got home today. Time to enjoy my MMJ.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Good! Recover well.

Take it slow, Rick. Don't try to force the healing. As we get older, the healing takes longer.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I just had my dose of MMJ. Helps me deal with the stress I'm under right now.

Banned

The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    While I was refreshing my memory, I read the particulars: Up to 1 oz allowed on the street, up to 10 oz's allowed in the residence, up to 6 plants in the residence.
    Thanks for the details which I feel challenged in locating. I'm going to fantasize here that Maine and Mass will compete to be the first in New England. Therefore we might find a purchase around harvest time. But, these states will produce under ideal LED lights. Maybe I'll get me a trailer in the sticks of Maine and turn it into a tropical paradise. Producing Kennebec Killer[emoji172]
    Last edited by Firth; 11-11-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Medical Weed passed here which is pretty weird for such a conservative state. My wife has glaucoma. Apparently, once they set up the dispensaries, the law says if you live more than 40 miles from one you can have up to five plants of your own. Odds are it will take a while for a dispensary to get to this corner of the state. I might need some advice on growing, might have to start a private group... Oh, the other thing, my family has a couple thousand acres of farmland. Not saying I will, but if I were to grow more than five well good luck finding where I hid them.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Medical Weed passed here which is pretty weird for such a conservative state. My wife has glaucoma. Apparently, once they set up the dispensaries, the law says if you live more than 40 miles from one you can have up to five plants of your own. Odds are it will take a while for a dispensary to get to this corner of the state. I might need some advice on growing, might have to start a private group... Oh, the other thing, my family has a couple thousand acres of farmland. Not saying I will, but if I were to grow more than five well good luck finding where I hid them.
    Hmmm....Can someone start being a tenant farmer at my age?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Remember when seeds were the part you had to "pan" out of your weed on an album cover, then throw away? No seeds in anything these days. You have to pay big bucks for those, if you can get them at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I am glad to see that more states are wising up to legal weed. It just makes sense. Personally I can't stand the stuff. I get all SUPER ADD for about 15 minutes and then I just fall asleep.
    Back in the day, all we got was some ditch weed from Mexico but that stuff nowadays is poisonous bud. I see those kids sometimes taking huge bong hits and doing what we used to call "Locomotive Breath" exhale clouds and they're still functioning and want another. I'd be dead after something like that.

Good news! Hope you do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Remember when seeds were the part you had to "pan" out of your weed on an album cover, then throw away? No seeds in anything these days. You have to pay big bucks for those, if you can get them at all.
    I remember pissing this friend of mine off because I named the herbage he was selling "942 Weed". He asked "WTF does that mean?" And I said "Because each of your nickel bags has 942 seeds in it." Not a good sales pitch I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I am glad to see that more states are wising up to legal weed. It just makes sense. Personally I can't stand the stuff. I get all SUPER ADD for about 15 minutes and then I just fall asleep.
    Back in the day, all we got was some ditch weed from Mexico but that stuff nowadays is poisonous bud. I see those kids sometimes taking huge bong hits and doing what we used to call "Locomotive Breath" exhale clouds and they're still functioning and want another. I'd be dead after something like that.
    Huge bong hits have been in my rear view mirror for 10 years at least, but as far as functioning (believe me this is a true story), a few years ago before I retired, I was scheduled to do a benefits presentation to the annual convention of Wisconsin police chiefs, as well as man an information booth for part of the 2 day convention. I arrived at the hotel on Thursday afternoon, checked in, set up my booth for Friday and then retired to my room for some tv and toking relaxation (in the days of smoking rooms & I always carried Ozium), since my presentation was scheduled the following morning.

My room phone rings at about 5:30pm and since all the chiefs were there, and some it turned out wouldn't be able to make Friday's presentation and it was a hot topic for them, they asked (however, saying no would not have been a good career move) if I would speak that night instead in 30 minutes. I got accolades and was still pretty buzzed when I accepted them from all the police chiefs after speaking for 2 hours.

Not recommended however.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just threw the bong away. No way I'm going to open my incision hacking up a hit. Pipe? Joint? Vape? All good.

I was out of the hospital for about 5 days, (spent a week in a coma, and was released after being there a month - car accident) and could just about handle the aches and pains of driving. Cruised to a buddy's place and we all toked up. Party time ! After a few minutes, I was just about to say " I'm not feeling to good" when everything went orange and I passed out. Slumped down in chair for 10 - 15 seconds, woke right back up. Wow ! I was never that 'high' before or after. Had to lie down for about half an hour, I didn't want to call an ambulance, quickly feeling better. The medicine I picked up was good for aches and pains (esp. for broken ribs). I wish I had some in the hospital, watching the hospital TV channels (all 4 of them) was driving me batty....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    I was out of the hospital for about 5 days, (spent a week in a coma, and was released after being there a month - car accident) and could just about handle the aches and pains of driving. Cruised to a buddy's place and we all toked up. Party time ! After a few minutes, I was just about to say " I'm not feeling to good" when everything went orange and I passed out. Slumped down in chair for 10 - 15 seconds, woke right back up. Wow ! I was never that 'high' before or after. Had to lie down for about half an hour, I didn't want to call an ambulance, quickly feeling better. The medicine I picked up was good for aches and pains (esp. for broken ribs). I wish I had some in the hospital, watching the hospital TV channels (all 4 of them) was driving me batty....
    That's why you need MJ with a large component of CBD to moderate the impact of high THC. CBD reduces inflammation on its own, inflammation the root cause of most pain. Legal gives you that option. Now if the government would stop being so paranoid and educate us.

Banned
    Just threw the bong away. No way I'm going to open my incision hacking up a hit. Pipe? Joint? Vape? All good.
    Edibles for you son[emoji41]

Weed to get high is fine. Alcohol to get high is fine. But combining them is what scares me. From my youthful experience, that was when I got pretty f'ed up. I worry about being on the road with the stoned and drunk driving after doing the combo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Banned
    Weed to get high is fine. Alcohol to get high is fine. But combining them is what scares me. From my youthful experience, that was when I got pretty f'ed up. I worry about being on the road with the stoned and drunk driving after doing the combo.
    But if you do a high CBD, that will provide protection from the effects of alcohol. CBD doesn't get you high.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's what always messed me up in my teens, stuck to booze mostly.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    That's why you need MJ with a large component of CBD to moderate the impact of high THC. CBD reduces inflammation on its own, inflammation the root cause of most pain. Legal gives you that option. Now if the government would stop being so paranoid and educate us.
    That is correct about the CBD and THC. I think it has to do with which species of Cannabis you are considering, C. sativa or C. indica. In Colorado, the stores have posted what the product contains, THC and/or CBD. This one is good for the buzz, this one is good for relaxation, this one is good for pain relief, etc. I got some salve for my knee gout, and whether it was mind over matter or not, it worked OK.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.