Page 153 of 239 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5954

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Condolences, Duncan.

Are you in South Africa or in Scotland right now?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Regarding being a geezer :

My Dad passed away last Tuesday. (Aged 93 - he had a good inning.)

I haven't been around much because he lived overseas - so my wife and I got PCR'd, flew out-of-country on Friday, helped set up the memorial service which was held yesterday. (Only 30 live attendees, but about another 40-or-so via Zoom.)

The invitation specifically stated that only vaccinated attendees were invited to the memorial service. Yet - after the service we learned that 2 of them weren't! Fuckwads!

Anyway - I'll be overseas for a few more weeks, but will check in from time-to-time...

My condolences, Duncan. A good inning indeed.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    I read the story of Czech singer Hanka Horka who decided to infect herself with COVID-19 instead taking vaccination, just to die of COVID-19.

I found her on Spotify.

She had an incredible voice, sang (in Czech language) in a folk band that would appeal to fans of Renaissance, Gryphon, Amazing Blondel, Sandy Danny ….

I can only say what a shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saw that yesterday too. Boggles the mind.....

Apparently Meatloaf cause of death is Covid. No news on his vaccination status yet.

Duncan, as you know I expressed my condolences on Facebook and promised to have a dram for you dad. For the record is was my beloved Balvenie 15. Ah, the Balvenie.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Condolences, Duncan.

Are you in South Africa or in Scotland right now?
    Thanks, Hugues. I'm in South Africa right now - will be here through mid-Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Duncan, as you know I expressed my condolences on Facebook and promised to have a dram for you dad. For the record is was my beloved Balvenie 15. Ah, the Balvenie.
    Jerol, he'd appreciate the Balvenie! As I type this I'm in my Dad's place, but have not yet inspected the liquor cabinet to see what I've "inherited"

In my Dad's memory I'll re(re)post my list of his somewhat cynical commentary about "whisky snobs" LOL Will get to that later in the week.
    Regards,

Duncan

Today I had a lateral epicondylectomy and partial denervation of the lateral humeral epicondyle. I should be back to work in a week and total recovery hopefully in 3-4 months.

Ow. Not playing at Wimbledon this year, then.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Camelogue, I have no idea what that means, but I hope you recuperate quickly, and that it fixes whatever it was supposed to fix!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Camelogue, I have no idea what that means, but I hope you recuperate quickly, and that it fixes whatever it was supposed to fix!
    Medial epicondylitis is a condition that occurs when the tendons on the inside of the forearm become irritated, inflamed, and painful due to repetitive use of the hand, wrist, and forearm. A tendon is a soft tissue that attaches a muscle to a bone.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Medial epicondylitis is a condition that occurs when the tendons on the inside of the forearm become irritated, inflamed, and painful due to repetitive use of the hand, wrist, and forearm. A tendon is a soft tissue that attaches a muscle to a bone.
    Ah, I've experienced inflamed tendons before, they suck!

Chronic problem, had same operation on right arm 9 years ago and it worked out, that is why I did it again.

Should be ready for the US Open though!

I have chronic tendinitis in my hands so you definitely have my sympathies.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Last summer, along with the Carpian tunnel operation on the left hand (doing the right hand in a few months), I had the ulnary nerve displaced so it'(s taking the inside of the elbow instead of the outside, meaning that it is not nearly as stretched when my elbow completely folded - which is too often the case, i must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Chronic problem, had same operation on right arm 9 years ago and it worked out, that is why I did it again.

Should be ready for the US Open though!
    Hopefully, No-vax Joke-covid won't be, though
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^^ Both No-vax and Karen Rogers got their just dessert.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Yesterday I watched a documentairy on aging rock-musician who were still playing. It featured Rinus Gerritsen and Robert Jan Stips working together and Michel van Dijk and Ferdinand Bakker (ex-Alquin). There was one musician suffering from cancer in the end-stadium, who stated: "Well, if you are at a party and your dad calls you to tell you you should get home inmidiatly and you finally get to stay for another half hour, what are you going to do? Being sad, because you soon have to leave that party, or are you going to enjoy yourself as much as you can for that last half hour? This living with cancer is the same. I still want to have as much fun as possible for the time that is left and that means playing music."

Here's a Geezer moment for you.......The last NEARFest was a Decade Ago!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Here's a Geezer moment for you.......The last NEARFest was a Decade Ago!
    The Spock's Beard making of V video shows Neal's children as little kids. Now they're all grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The Spock's Beard making of V video shows Neal's children as little kids. Now they're all grown up.
    This was his son - when he released Testimony:

71wQKFWIRQL._SY355_.jpg
    (Click to enlarge)
    Regards,

Duncan

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    This geezer has to get his ass back out there for the second round of many rounds of snow clearing.

The most annoying health change for me so far is that my hands are cold most of the time (not in Summer I guess). Makes the winter a nuisance! That came along with losing most of my extra padding, so I guess it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    This geezer has to get his ass back out there for the second round of many rounds of snow clearing.
    Same here. Got my long undies on.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    As many local meteorologists have pointed out when it's 115 here, you don't have to shovel heat.

I don't envy anyone shoveling today. We didn't get anything at our house. About 25 miles away they got 1 inch.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I don't envy anyone shoveling today. We didn't get anything at our house. About 25 miles away they got 1 inch.
    I actually happen to enjoy shoveling snow. It gives me an alternative to my gym routine for a day. Great exercise in the nIce crispy air for a couple of hours

As long as it is not every second day as it was about 6 years back