Page 119 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5932

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Sorry if it's been answered already. How about just going to a store (sporting goods, outdoors type places) and just looking around and trying some shoes on.
    Yes, I can do that, but I was just seeking information on brands / shoes that people have that they like. Trying a shoe on in a store does not necessarily translate to how they will work long term, so seeing if anyone here has current walking shoes that they like.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Steve, you know me, right? Jed

RE: shoes, I had a couple pairs of Mephisto shoes for years. Expensive, but super comfortable, and you can mail them in for repairs and re-soling. I think they're French. My wife says "Finn Comfort" are best.
    Jed, yes you are one of the few that I actually know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yes, I can do that, but I was just seeking information on brands / shoes that people have that they like. Trying a shoe on in a store does not necessarily translate to how they will work long term, so seeing if anyone here has current walking shoes that they like.
    Gotcha. I've been buying Sketchers brand for a few years. They're not expensive but not cheap crap either. I usually get the sneaker with memory foam insoles. The shittiest sneakers I've ever bought are Nike. Overpriced to hell, and they don't last too long. I've tried New Balance too. Overhyped imo, and overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Gotcha. I've been buying Sketchers brand for a few years. They're not expensive but not cheap crap either. I usually get the sneaker with memory foam insoles. The shittiest sneakers I've ever bought are Nike. Overpriced to hell, and they don't last too long. I've tried New Balance too. Overhyped imo, and overpriced.
    I wore New Balance for years, but switched to Asics a couple of years ago because my wife recommended them. They have worked pretty well, but after my knee surgeries and now that I am retired, I plan to walk just about every day that weather permits, so want to get the best shoes I can.

^ Keep moving. That's the key. Don't over do it, but keep movin.'

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I have been happy ( with several asterisks ) with Merrell footwear.
    I have a pair of Merrell "Moab" shoes.
    They're comfortable, but:

Wouldn't you think, from seeing this that they'd provide good traction?
    They don't--at all. I even have to be careful if it's wet out and I step on a painted area of a parking lot. I wouldn't get them again.

I'm on my feet all day at work on concrete floors for over thirty-six years, usually six days a week, since 2009 on a resectioned leg, now heavily reinforced after I broke the rod out of my femur. I usually wear Reebok walkers with inserts at work. Before a two week trip to France and Bavaria two summers ago, I read up on everything and I went into a running store and tried on everything with different types of inserts and was recommended Brooks Dyad 10s that were hidden in the back, the saleswoman brought in for folks like me, that run wider and I added Superfeet copper inserts. They are by far the lightest and most comfirtable shoes I have ever worn. I'm not a flip flop person unless I'm at the beach or pool, but the same store also had some OOFOS recovery sport sandles that give fantastic arch support. The two most comfortable pairs of "shoes" I have ever worn, and I've gone through dozens of pairs of shoes over the years.

My new yard sign arrived yesterday! It just needs to rust a little more to match the older one. F1100F29-A787-4F13-9D22-B52E279935E0.jpg
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I'm going to put this here as I guess only an old Geezer would be concerned with this....

My Roomba's have either stopped working or get Lost and can't find their charger.

I heard on NPR Friday that this is a worldwide problem????? It was announced during the comic-relief portion of Morning Edition (45min after the hour) They said to have patience and it will be resolved.

Anyone else wondering what happened to your Roomba?
    Any tech-savy folks know Why? Are they GPS controlled? GPS Satellites off kilter?

Do I need to get a life?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I'm going to put this here as I guess only an old Geezer would be concerned with this....

My Roomba's have either stopped working or get Lost and can't find their charger.

I heard on NPR Friday that this is a worldwide problem????? It was announced during the comic-relief portion of Morning Edition (45min after the hour) They said to have patience and it will be resolved.

Any tech-savy folks know Why? Are they GPS controlled? GPS Satellites off kilter?

Do I need to get a life?
    It's a problem with the update that was distributed. Some machines can get the older version back into them, but you must call customer service. Others are outta luck until a new update, which could be a while.

Do I need to get a life?

Mine gets stuck in weird places - I don't know how T F it finds those places - all I know is that I can never find it, and I can usually not get into those places to rescue her!

Remember the Jetsons? Remember the robot housemaid? Her name was Rosie. Hence - my Roomba is named Rosie.
    Regards,

Duncan

Do I need to get a life?
    A first world problem is definitely not having enough time to vacuum our floors, so we buy a robot to do it for us. Then we're lost when those robots go on the fritz. But what can we expect? Nature abhors a vacuum.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    A first world problem is definitely not having enough time to vacuum our floors, so we buy a robot to do it for us. Then we're lost when those robots go on the fritz. But what can we expect? Nature abhors a vacuum.
    Vacuuming would cut into Nap Time!

...Nature abhors a vacuum.
    Regards,

Duncan

A first world problem is definitely not having enough time to vacuum our floors,
    First thing I thought. I'm good with just doing it myself. I cleaned the bathroom and mopped two floors today. It took 20 minutes.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This is exactly how "the rise of the machines" really gets going!

Do those things really work well? I feel like our house is too cluttered for them to really get around and into corners and such. Do they have trouble getting onto rugs and over thresholds? Our cats would probably enjoy one.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

Do those things really work well?
    They're not worth a crap on hardwood floors. Or corners.

I think I just read on Facebook Uncle Norm passed away.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He did, cancer, 4pm today. He will be missed, hell of a guy. Miss ya Norm. RIP.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Following the "Damn I'm Old" theme of this thread - my wife and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary today.

That's 40 whole years!

Damn she's old
    Regards,

Duncan

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Congratulations Duncan! That's a huge accomplishment. Pass my best regards to Arlene.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Congratulations, Duncan.

Here's to another happy 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Following the "Damn I'm Old" theme of this thread - my wife and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary today.

That's 40 whole years!

Damn she's old
    Awesome!