Thread: Ron Howard The Beatles The Touring Years

Ron Howard The Beatles The Touring Years

Anyone else catch this on Hulu? I thought it was done very well.. Hats off to Ron..

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Playing right now.

I'm disappointed with what I'm reading about it. I'm sure it's very well done. But, it appears to be a missed opportunity.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    It was pretty good.

I'll have to catch it at some point.

I will state that the the new Hollywood Bowl release sounds great. But, that, too, was another missed opportunity.

BTW, what's this 180 seconds between posts BS? I know why, but three minutes?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    BTW, what's this 180 seconds between posts BS? I know why, but three minutes?
    I'd guess it's a deterrent against the spammers that bombed us recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'd guess it's a deterrent against the spammers that bombed us recently.
    Yeah, I figured as much. But, three minutes? Yikes.

3 minutes for me is a long time, as my ADD brain thought of about 200 thoughts to a comment/post in between [emoji13] ...did that make sense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by melanieshiffman View Post
    3 minutes for me is a long time, as my ADD brain thought of about 200 thoughts to a comment/post in between [emoji13] ...did that make sense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Anyone else catch this on Hulu? I thought it was done very well.. Hats off to Ron..
    I've seen it and I thought it was Great! Hats off to Ron Howard and everyone involved with the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Saw it at the theater last friday night, with the theatrical release there was a bonus 30 minute, fully restored, remastered showing of the complete Shea Stadium performance (was it really only a 30 minute concert???)
    Overall i thought the movie was good, if you're a hard core Beatles fan you won't learn too much new information, BUT, the never before seen archival footage is fantastic, well worth the effort.... So yes, hats off to Sir Opie.

On a slightly related note - here is Washington Post article that i only found out about recently (thanks to Roylayer) that is absolutely fascinating and worthy of being made into a Ron Howard blockbuster movie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...cb8_story.html