Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Any news out of the Rush camp about their future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I don't know. I am not the biggest fan of the last 5 or 6 albums or what the shows have become (it's the audience) but I would still like to hear what they have to play for us. I follow Neil's webpage and enjoy his books.

Shame to see my favorite band since '75 talk about retiring. This aging thing is bullshit!
    What's in the audience that's bothering you?

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    What's in the audience that's bothering you?
    I was a bit curious about that statement myself however moot it may be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I was a bit curious about that statement myself however moot it may be at this point.
    From what I've seen on The Rush Forum, just really loud people, usually drunk.

They start out with the soft opening of The Trees only to hear 20 guys yelling "YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK, MAN!"

This - and of course the fact that I live in Korea and most artists I'd want to see don't come here - is why I stopped going to concerts long ago. I realize it's not a classical or jazz show and that people have a right to express their enjoyment, but for me, it just isn't worth paying all the money for a ticket plus parking, etc. to have to put up with people in my immediate vicinity either jabbering non-stop or yelling AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS for an entire show. Nearly every time I've gone to a concert, the people around me have been thoroughly obnoxious. It was that way when I saw Rush (w/openers FM) on their Moving Pictures Tour back in '81. The reality for me is that I'm probably just too sensitive to be in such an environment anyway. I'll take a concert DVD or BluRay any day of the week over such torture, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    From what I've seen on The Rush Forum, just really loud people, usually drunk.

They start out with the soft opening of The Trees only to hear 20 guys yelling "YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK, MAN!"
    I've run into some of that at Rush shows, but I don't let stuff like that bother me. Life is too short and the music way too important for that.

The Rush Forum is quite the interesting brush isn't it.

There's a few musical acts that have forums dedicated to them that I should be interested in. It seems however, that each and every one I've been on is packed to the rim with some delusional single-minded twits that make the residents here look relatively sane. I think I'll steer around the Rush forum.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It seems however, that each and every one I've been on is packed to the rim with some delusional single-minded twits that make the residents here look relatively sane.
    Wow. That's pretty extreme.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well, take Stones forums for instance. You get these Brian Jones worshipers that think the little girlfriend-beater was god's gift to rock n' roll and the band discarded him for no good reason and everything recorded after his body floated to the surface was utter trash and hey, he started the band in the first place and he was a musical genius who could play any instrument...

I used to go to this Queen forum to get some boots that weren't available elsewhere. Again, there were delusional threads like "Why Weren't Queen Bigger Than the Beatles?"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

There's a few musical acts that have forums dedicated to them that I should be interested in. It seems however, that each and every one I've been on is packed to the rim with some delusional single-minded twits that make the residents here look relatively sane. I think I'll steer around the Rush forum.
    Takes some work to find the signal through the noise that's for sure, but I remain committed (pun intended.)

Man, at the Rush concerts I've been to, you cant hear the dufus' screaming. The music fills up ALL the space and you cant hear yourself think, let alone some jerk with too many beers in him. Maybe sit closer to the band? if you were in the rafters that might be a problem, but no way in most of the seats...

Rush is over. The band have performed miracles over their career. Touring is particularly hard for Neil playing such high energy drumming, look at what's happened to Phil Collins. I wish Peart a happy retirement, he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Rush is over. The band have performed miracles over their career. Touring is particularly hard for Neil playing such high energy drumming, look at what's happened to Phil Collins. I wish Peart a happy retirement, he deserves it.
    I consider everything after 1997 to be a gift and a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I consider everything after 1997 to be a gift and a miracle.
    Yep.

(except for Snakes and Arrows which was only about 20 minutes of a gift )

Well, take Stones forums for instance. You get these Brian Jones worshipers that think the little girlfriend-beater was god's gift to rock n' roll and the band discarded him for no good reason and everything recorded after his body floated to the surface was utter trash and hey, he started the band in the first place and he was a musical genius who could play any instrument...

I used to go to this Queen forum to get some boots that weren't available elsewhere. Again, there were delusional threads like "Why Weren't Queen Bigger Than the Beatles?"
    IORR?? Never posted on that one, I notice a lot of Mick Taylor groupies as well as the Jones ones!

The official Genesis forum (before they brought in the charge!) was the single worst forum experience I've ever had. There were some seriously odd people on there, who pounced on anyone who made even a slightly critical comment about the 80s stuff. I remember being told I 'didn't have a sense of humour' for not liking 'Illegal Alien' by one of them. And someone posted with a straight face 'you're not a real fan unless you like everything they've recorded'. It was awful on there.

I was on a Rush forum for a little bit, never had too bad a time there actually, the biggest issue over there was them being snubbed by the Rock Hall, I think, and they are in now. But I only really listen to the 70s and 80s stuff now.

hey it was a good 40 year run. how many great bands lasted that long? very few!