Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Scrap the season and start again in September

I say this as someone who whenever I hear Covid 19 expect it to be followed by West Ham nil

Congrats to the scousers who are red...although the City bashing was embarrassing yesterday! Glad to have football back....gonna be an interesting end to the season on both ends of the table. Klopp is making history, an amazing coach. And this from an Evertonian.

It’s strange to have it back, I don’t like watching with the fake stadium sound, I prefer the empty stadia transmissions, but without fans it’s an odd watch. I was amazed and delighted that West Ham managed to finally find some spirit, fights, goals and a win, perhaps we can you save this dismal season.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Newcastle have played quite well so far be it against a 10 man Sheffield and a clueless Bournemouth. Up above 40 points now so probably comfortably safe. Have to say Bruce has done a lot better than expected. Main issue is still getting rid of the owner.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

You’ll probably add another three points tomorrow too, so safe and comfortably so. Bruce has exceeded everyone’s expectations, and deserves support of whoever comes in to take ownership from Ashley.

Prem is back! Leeds did very well against LP. So are you lads in the US subscribing to this Peacock rubbish? Another $5 per month to see about 1/2 of the matches covered?

Ian's happy right now.....

I'm not paying extra for Peacock, it's nonsense, I already subscribe to NBC Sports to get the games and now they want more? Sod that. I'd only use it to specifically get Toon games but we're going to be crap all season so I think I'll use that money on another beer.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Don't be so sure....clean sheet and they looked solid as fuck against WHU. I am so nervous for EFC against Spurs tomorrow, even with our three big signings. This Peacock thing is bullshit for sure. I still use Mobdro on my phone.

Haven't seen Everton play so confidently in years.....the additions of Allan, James, and Doucoure already felt big time. Maybe a top 6 finidh this year? Yeah probably not

Ian you watching this shit??!! I have never been as big a fan of Newcastle as I was for that penalty! I loved how Jose is a little whiny baby and marched through the tunnel!

BTW....Everton at the top of the table
    ...it won't last but its fun for a few weeks!

This VAR stuff is crazy indeed. Handballs are rampant in the box now.

That's a ridiculous rule, that's never a penalty. We'll take the point, only reason we deserved anything was our keeper was excellent and Spurs were so wasteful they didn't kill off the game with second goal. To be honest I thought Spurs goal was soft but Ritchie isn't a natural full back.
    Ian

Your keeper is solid indeed. He saved that match. Defenders and keepers have such a hard time these days. The only positive is that hopefully there will be consistency in the calls made via VAR.

Everton! We're gonna win the league!!

Nice win for Newcastle against a poor Burnley, we're 6th!
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Nice win for Newcastle against a poor Burnley, we're 6th!
    Nice man. So sick of Chelsea and City...

Come on West Ham, what a performance, not one weak link and Leicester were never in the game.

Currently laughing at Man Utd v Spurs!

Last time a Villa player scored a hat-trick against Liverpool was..., 88 years ago!

Ollie Watkins managed a perfect hat-trick (left, right, head) in the first half!

And to think, I was watching Ollie banging them in for Exeter City as a teenager, week in week out, just three & four years ago.

Magic

That was another incredible performance, makes our score from earlier look distinctly run of the mill. Grealish was something else. Could this be the most open league in many a year?

Grealish is a badass. I wanted Everton to sign him last year even. Villa just invested in new players and they are on a roll. They could be tied with Everton but only 3 games played so far. Good to see Barkley there too, he didn't do much at Chelsea...this will jumpstart his career again.

And yes, a very open PL so far! Up the Toffees!
    Last edited by chalkpie; 10-06-2020 at 09:28 AM.

If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Spurs 3 v 3 West Ham

Did anybody watch it? What a crazy game, and what a strike from Lanzini with the last kick of the match, utterly insane comeback! COYI

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Spurs 3 v 3 West Ham

Did anybody watch it? What a crazy game, and what a strike from Lanzini with the last kick of the match, utterly insane comeback! COYI
    Craaaaaaazy game!!!! I was jumping up and down after Lanzinis strike! I loathe Spurs so it was amazing. What a comeback. Plus I love David Moyes as an Evertonian.

Ian vs Chalkpie

Howay tha Toon!
    Ian