Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Newcastle are scrapping for one spot above relegation, my hopes are for ownership charge and manager sacking.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The only thing worse than Spurs and United this year are Everton! The only thing I can do is laugh it off at this point.

Newcastle?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

MU are miserable thus-far......2-0 to West Ham ???

I'm in for a loooooong season if THIS keeps up.
    G.A.S -aholic

Brighton 3 - TOT 0...……….Just...WOW!!!!!

MU in 11th place....Ugh!
    G.A.S -aholic

City lost. Everton sucks. Man U not far behind. Its becoming a Liverpool/City league.

Great result for Newcastle
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Great result for Newcastle
    Yes, that was a good game.
    G.A.S -aholic

Livepool was lucky to win its last two games. But you can't have a championship team without luck on your side. Last year, there weren't any really lucky wins, save for Origi's shocker against Everton.

Speaking of Everton, I see a lot of Reds fans happy that the Blues are in the relegated zone, although it would be a shock if it stayed that way. I would never want to see Everton regulated. The PL wouldn't be the same without the Merseyside Derby.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

It's always fun to see your local rival relegated, the years Sunderland dropped two divisions were a lot of fun especially after they gave us so much abuse about being relegated.
    Ian

Everton actually played well and won a match!! WTF is this world coming to??

TOT....sack MP and hire JM...??????…………..did NOT see this coming. (of course I don't follow every nano-bit of PL news)
    G.A.S -aholic

Weird decision, Poch has taken Spurs from nowhere to a Champions League final all on a very small transfer budget while playing attractive football and going through the ground move fiasco. Now he hits a bump and is out?

The special one will demand a huge transfer budget, dump all the academy players, play 'park the bus' football & destroy the manager player relationships.

Someone is going to pick up a very good manager in Poch.
    Ian

Weird decision, Poch has taken Spurs from nowhere to a Champions League final all on a very small transfer budget while playing attractive football and going through the ground move fiasco. Now he hits a bump and is out?

The special one will demand a huge transfer budget, dump all the academy players, play 'park the bus' football & destroy the manager player relationships.

Someone is going to pick up a very good manager in Poch.

I agree. He took them quite far and dealt with the stadium move and everything and now they are a bit down (OK a good bit down the rankings) and they ditch him??...short-sighted on the upper managements part I think.
    G.A.S -aholic

What, exactly, did Levy see in Mourinho's wretched spell at Man U that every other watcher of football missed?

Man U....WTF?!?!?!?

Down 2-0...come all the way back to 2-3....and allow and tying goal in the 94th? minute...!!!!
    G.A.S -aholic

Great game , would have been a travesty if Sheffield got nothing out of that game.
    Ian

Cracking result for Newcastle today 2-2 at home versus Man City.
    Ian

Finally a good result for West Ham too!

Leicester left it late but at least they are keeping some pressure on Liverpool, but that result is going to hurt one amongst our midst. Everton looked more involved and better today, but will that be enough to save Silva?

Although most teams look like high-schoolers against Liverpool, today, Watford looked like a bunch of toddlers....so many missed chances, AND, Liverpool were not all that good-looking today either.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Although most teams look like high-schoolers against Liverpool, today, Watford looked like a bunch of toddlers....so many missed chances, AND, Liverpool were not all that good-looking today either.
    Still don't know how Mane's goal to make it 2-0 was disallowed by VAR.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

His shoulder was just offside, these calls are ridiculous
    Ian

His shoulder was just offside, these calls are ridiculous
    Yeah, some of them are a bit too much...but...I am liking VAR for the most-part.
    G.A.S -aholic

Hand balls are the worst otherwise I'm reasonably happy with it.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Yeah, some of them are a bit too much...but...I am liking VAR for the most-part.
    In my humble opinion it is killing the game. It may be ok for a TV audience, but in the stadium it is ruining the atmosphere, there can be no celebration when the ball hits the net, and it can be minutes before a decision is given. Football is better when there is fluidity and even though mistakes have happened in the past, there have been mistakes with the current system too. Nothing is improved, and my experience of it this season make me not want to bother with the live arena. Kill the atmosphere and you have killed the TV allure too.