Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Fuckity fuck, it's certain now that the Leicester players have stopped playing for Puel: getting beaten at home 2-0 by an abject, Moyes-led West Ham is simply inexcusable. Clearly, Puel has to go, but it's equally obvious that a serious clearout of the current squad is also necessary. We are coming to resemble Pulis-era West Brom to a truly alarming degree.
    Why don't you go ahead and take Fat Sam from us, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!??? EFC is in a shambles and didn't deserve the equaliser yesterday.

I think there are some very close parallels with LFC and EFC right now.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    We really hated Fat Sam when he managed Newcastle, about as much as we hated Pardew.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Last day - booo. Gotta try watch PL and F1 at the same time.

To be followed by the FA Cup, the Champions League Final, the World Cup & then it's next season!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ha, yep!

Nice result for Newcastle, Chelski didn't seem up for the game at all, Newcastle turned good possession into goals for a change. Hopefully we can keep Rafa and make a few decent signings.
    Ian

Season over.....31 days until World Cup.....not sure who I'll be rooting for yet.
    G.A.S -aholic

ENGLAND!
    Ian

Dear God, we went from 3-1 up to 5-4 down against Spuds yesterday. Puel (and regrettably, Wes Morgan) has to go - and fast. If we keep our present manager, I'd actually consider putting money on us going down next season, and that is not a pleasant situation to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    ENGLAND!
    England

-then-

Iceland
    Deutschland
    Sweden
    France
    Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Dear God, we went from 3-1 up to 5-4 down against Spuds yesterday. Puel (and regrettably, Wes Morgan) has to go - and fast. If we keep our present manager, I'd actually consider putting money on us going down next season, and that is not a pleasant situation to be in.
    Nah - too much quality in LFC. Everton on the other hand............

What a shite season that was.

My top 3 to watch will be: (in no particular order)

England
    Germany
    Brazil
    G.A.S -aholic

What a strange season, one team of pure quality, three not really challenged for those European spots. Chelsea always off the pace (good), Arsenal looking over and out, and then a morass of similar “talents” with few success stories (only Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace and Newcastle really punched above their weight). I’m bloody pleased it’s over and that we live to fight another day.

As for the World Cup, I’ll be supporting England but without much hope, they may surprise if they can release the shackles and play with belief.

I have discovered that West Ham were champions of something this season....

West Ham 25734
    Newcastle 22451
    Arsenal 17891
    Man Utd 17587
    Stoke 16858
    Spurs 16768
    Southampton 16252
    Everton 15044
    West Brom 15028
    Brighton 14443
    Liverpool 13439
    Leicester 12768
    Huddersfield 12345
    Swansea 11874
    Chelsea 11205
    C Palace 10822
    Man City 10224
    Watford 9375
    Burnley 7279
    AFC Bournemouth 4594

This is; 'Numbers of admirably loyal punters paying out huge amounts of cash to watch their team per point gained'.

Or; ‘Just how inefficiently is your team run’

Congrats!

Newcastle in second shows the strngth of the support despite the lack of investment in the team.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Newcastle in second shows the strngth of the support despite the lack of investment in the team.
    That is the most charitable way of viewing it Ian! I prefer to think it is a damning indictment of a Board that do not give a damn about their fans, at least that is how it is for West Ham, and I suspect Mike Ashley at the Toon too.

Well we pack out a 55,000 seater stadium with season ticket holders every game so I'm giving the fans all the credit in the world. Look at all the other half full stadiums. The ownership is a joke and the sooner Ashley sells up the better, he's been a disaster for the club.
    Ian

Two sides of other same coin, both of our clubs are strongly supported (see this link to average crowds http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...e-2017-2018/1/ ), yet both have self-serving pricks in the boardroom.

Looks like Fat Sam is gonna be out at EFC - they are looking at Marco Silva again. Should I be excited or disappointed?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Looks like Fat Sam is gonna be out at EFC - they are looking at Marco Silva again. Should I be excited or disappointed?
    Both
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Two sides of other same coin, both of our clubs are strongly supported (see this link to average crowds http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...e-2017-2018/1/ ), yet both have self-serving pricks in the boardroom.
    This is one thing I am perpetually grateful for: whatever the problems we've had with managers in recent years, our Thai owners (whose name I am not even going to attempt to spell) maintain a permanent present at Filbert Way, and DO seem to have the best interests of the club at heart, and have indeed put considerable effort into community outreach work in Leicester itself. I'll take that over asset-stripping bastards and/or absentee foreign oligarchs anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Depends which Silva turns up, I guess - the one who did amazing work at Watford in the first part of last season, or the one who went completely to pieces when Everton initially tapped him up. You'd like to think it would be a step forward from BFS, though.

Emery to The Gunners! Interesting...
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Manuel Pellegrini to The Hammers, even more so for me! A true gentleman and proven coach who will hopefully have the clout to attract some better talent and must surely have assurances on recruitment budget from our toxic trio in the boardroom.