Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    That was brutal.......No CARD ??!!! WTF !!!!

MC - 3 points this wknd.......................MU - ZERO points !!!.......DAMN !..............who can catch MC ? ..TOT? no way, they choke when it gets close....Liverpool, doubt it.
    That's the truth - nobody is catching City this season.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

City goes DOWN in the FA Cup......NYHEHEHEHEHEHEhehehehehehehehe!!!!!! Bloody Wigan!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    City goes DOWN in the FA Cup......NYHEHEHEHEHEHEhehehehehehehehe!!!!!! Bloody Wigan!!!
    Wigan are their bogey side, lost 3 times to them in cup competitions. If City go on the with the League (a given) and possibly the Champions League no one will care about the FA Cup.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Literally quite stunning !!...I couldn't believe the score-line when it flashed on the screen.....wtf?
    G.A.S -aholic

Wonder if this weekend will be the end of Pardew. If so, good riddance to bad rubbish - a terrible appointment for a club in total meltdown both on and off the pitch.

Pardew is awful, hated him at Newcastle, didn't help that he replaced Houghton when he was doing a perfectly good job.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The manager/player quality statistic is an interesting one. The anomaly was Leicesters title under Ranieri, but how often does that happen? Ummmm, almost never. I think largely a manager is only as good as his bench. If Pardew had Man City's bench, he would be way more successful imo. I think Everton is dealing with this - I don't think even Pep could transform this team into a top-4 club, I think they need a clearance and new players.

Been watching more and more Bundesliga lately. Just watched a great match today - M'Gladbach vs Werder Bremen...2-2. Its nice to see "new"teams with most players I do not know. I am only pretty familiar with Bayern and Dortmund's line-ups. You guys dig the Bundes?

Tomorrow I'm DVRing Dortmund vs RB Leipzig, should be good.

I like the Bundesliga, it's better than the Spanish & Italian leagues for entertainment value, just behind the EPL.
    Ian

Ha !!!.............Brighton over Arsenal 2-1........Wenger's days MUST be numbered now.

...watching MC -vs- Chelsea....1-0, as I type....
    G.A.S -aholic

At this stage Wenger has to go, its getting untenable.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    At this stage Wenger has to go, its getting untenable.
    You can't help but think that at any other club he'd be gone by now. If the present malaise continues into next season it's not that hard to believe that Arsenal could potentially be looking at becoming embroiled in the relegation dogfight. Even now, I'd suggest that the only reason they're still in the top 6 is because the rest of the PL is such utter dross.

Speaking of such things, another dubious result for my beloved Foxes this weekend - we really should be doing rather better than snatching a 1-1 draw in the 97th minute against Bournemouth at home. Looks like the Puel bounce might be beginning to wear off somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    You can't help but think that at any other club he'd be gone by now. If the present malaise continues into next season it's not that hard to believe that Arsenal could potentially be looking at becoming embroiled in the relegation dogfight. Even now, I'd suggest that the only reason they're still in the top 6 is because the rest of the PL is such utter dross.

Speaking of such things, another dubious result for my beloved Foxes this weekend - we really should be doing rather better than snatching a 1-1 draw in the 97th minute against Bournemouth at home. Looks like the Puel bounce might be beginning to wear off somewhat.
    I watched that game......That was a beautiful goal.
    G.A.S -aholic

IN the UEFA...Liverpool trounced Man City 3-0..........now, if only Man U could do the same this weekend
    G.A.S -aholic

IN the UEFA...Liverpool trounced Man City 3-0..........now, if only Man U could do the same this weekend
    Well, they almost did....a fantastic come-from-behind 2-3 victory over MC........Now, I wondering what MC will do this Tuesday?...Did they peak too early??
    G.A.S -aholic

^ Yes, fantastic match in the Manchester Derby....what a comeback! Pogba comes through BIG. Its still a huge battle for United to reach the summit though the stars have to be aligned in such a perfect way.

Still really enjoying Bundesliga games - lots of great stuff happening there. Fans are NUTS there, on par with the UK nutters.

Watching Real Madrid vs Juventus. People are losing their minds in this bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Watching Real Madrid vs Juventus. People are losing their minds in this bar.
    Stunningly good game Juventus were epic but dug too big a hole in the first leg. Certainly a penalty and glad the ref had the ball the red card Buffon, I'm fed up with allthe players getting in the refs face.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Stunningly good game Juventus were epic but dug too big a hole in the first leg. Certainly a penalty and glad the ref had the ball the red card Buffon, I'm fed up with allthe players getting in the refs face.
    Great game.....when the foul happened and things got crazy/RC to Buffon, I turned it off before the penalty kick...I was really rooting for Juventius.
    G.A.S -aholic

Great game.....when the foul happened and things got crazy/RC to Buffon, I turned it off before the penalty kick...I was really rooting for Juventius.
    "‘Sending off Gianluigi Buffon is like shooting Bambi’"

http://lebuzz.eurosport.co.uk/viral/...ue-game-36425/

Big pressure on the players... Comparable to when Zinedine Zidane was sent off in his last-ever match, for headbutting Italy's Marco Materazzi int the 2006 WC final.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Juventus can have few complaints having lost at home 3-0, that's where they lost the tie, not on one refereeing decision at the end of the game. I love Buffon but I've got to believe he said something you're not allowed to say to get a red there.
    Ian

...if the fact that he humped the referee from behind while saying it... Amazing loss of temper!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

10 Juventus players were completely bullying the ref.
    Buffon is the captain and he did nothing to keep his teammates away, instead he just fueled the anger. Red card was justfied.

I do no like Buffon. He's a baboon (but a great goalkeeper).
    Still I dislike Ronaldo more. He probably thought he was in the olympic diving competition last night instead of in the CL quarter final.

Biggest problem with watching Italian & Spanish sides is how much diving goes on. I HATE it. I thought Oliver did well with most of that ignoring the nonsense of Ronaldo sitting on the ground pleading for a yellow. He did end up having to book a bunch of players but that was a function of the high number of fouls committed by Juve.
    Ian