Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Newcastle have gone in the tank too.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Great to see that Everton is doing a lot better since they've sacked Koeman.
    I have no come back to that other than to publicly state that Everton is fucking beyond wretched and they are worse than the worst team ever in the history of any team ever. Having said that, I just ordered a Sigurdsson third kit from the EFC store - half off batches!! Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, or something like that. Maybe we can change it to "We fucking suck dried moosebag". A new manager would be nice, wouldn't it? Moshiri and Kenwright need to get their heads out of their arses, and do it NOW. Still love them, though. Singing "We are going down" is very appropriate - only happened twice since 1878. 2018 could be the third time.

PS - Fuck the top 6, and you can include Tottenham in there.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Gah, it's hardly going swimmingly for my beloved Foxes this season, either. Deeply disappointing that we couldn't even beat an appalling, David Moyes-managed West Ham this weekend. Think Mahrez will be on his way in January. Beginning to also think that might be good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Gah, it's hardly going swimmingly for my beloved Foxes this season, either. Deeply disappointing that we couldn't even beat an appalling, David Moyes-managed West Ham this weekend. Think Mahrez will be on his way in January. Beginning to also think that might be good riddance.
    Kind of a sad story considering what they accomplished in 2016. I also really liked Raineiri - seemed like such a sweet guy and a great manager - I don't know how they jumped the shark, but they did. Maybe it was N'Golo Kante leaving? Maybe they just lost the synergy after he left, who knows? It was so refreshing to see them win instead of the usual boring top 6 bullshit - pretty sick of those teams. Man City is a great team this year, but they bore the crap out of me. I do like Sane though.

Kante leaving was a huge loss, it was a lightning in a bottle year, all fans of non big 6 teams would happily sell their children to have a season like that one, you can live off that for another couple of decades.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Kind of a sad story considering what they accomplished in 2016. I also really liked Raineiri - seemed like such a sweet guy and a great manager - I don't know how they jumped the shark, but they did. Maybe it was N'Golo Kante leaving? Maybe they just lost the synergy after he left, who knows? It was so refreshing to see them win instead of the usual boring top 6 bullshit - pretty sick of those teams. Man City is a great team this year, but they bore the crap out of me. I do like Sane though.
    Kante leaving was undoubtedly a serious blow, but arguably a bigger problem was Ranieri reverting to Tinkerman type and starting to seriously mess with the team and how it played. Allegedly, he started putting all sorts of stipulations on what the players could do with their down time (including when they could see their wives), started insisting on some bizarre drills in training, and made some truly erratic team selections and tactical decisions. None of this was helped by the fact that his aged mother was sick, so he would issue a series of decrees to his backroom staff, and then disappear back to Italy for days at a time. In the end, he lost the dressing room and a delegation of players went to speak to the owner's, who is also the club chairman and his son, and they sided with the players - no doubt on the grounds that results had gone off a cliff and it was clear Claudio sadly didn't have any answers. It was sad, but ultimately necessary. We'll never forget what he did for us, but it was all over by halfway through last season.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Kante leaving was a huge loss, it was a lightning in a bottle year, all fans of non big 6 teams would happily sell their children to have a season like that one, you can live off that for another couple of decades.
    Kante is a monster. I watched him almost singlehandedly destroy the complete Dutch midfield in the WC qualifications. I admit that this isn't really such a difficult job anymore nowadays but as a Dutchie it was still painfull to watch. Players like Kante might not get the credits like Messi and Ronaldo get, but they are equally important for the team. I am sure the sale of Kante is an important factor in the downfall of Leicester.

Leicester takes down Spurs yesterday - I like it!

Rooney Hat Trick! Big Sam.....ok. Not thrilled at that.

Pardew for the Baggies....oh dear. Another triumph for the mediocre manager merry-go-round.

Any thoughts on the World Cup draw? Quite happy with England's draw of Belgium, Tunisia & Panama. The tough groups look like France/Peru/Denmark/Australia, Brazil/Switzerland/Costa Rica/Serbia and Germany/Mexico/Sweden/Korea.

The Russia/Egypt/Uruguay/Saudia Arabia looks ridiculously easy, no team from the top 20 and 2 teams outside the top 60.
    Ian

Any thoughts on the World Cup draw? Quite happy with England's draw of Belgium, Tunisia & Panama. The tough groups look like France/Peru/Denmark/Australia, Brazil/Switzerland/Costa Rica/Serbia and Germany/Mexico/Sweden/Korea.

The Russia/Egypt/Uruguay/Saudia Arabia looks ridiculously easy, no team from the top 20 and 2 teams outside the top 60.
    Aa a Dutchie I need to find a new team to support. I am inclined to go for Morocco, because they have many 'Dutch' players. Unfortunately they are in the group with Portugal and Spain so i should not get my hopes up.

Maybe I just go for Nigeria. They have an interesting team. Lots of young players, no big names but they might just be the surprise of the tournament.

Seems like there is no real 'group of death' this time round. England got an easy group so they should be happy. As a Scotsman, I don't have anyone to support - I'll go for the teams with Celtic players - Sweden, Australia, Costa Rica, Belgium and France (although Scott Sinclair is English - I don't think they'll even look at him for their squad).

I assumed you'd be supporting whoever plays against England?
    Ian

I assumed you'd be supporting whoever plays against England?
    The famous ABE - Anybody But England. Maybe when I was younger - but i've mellowed as I got to actually know more English people over the years ( I also got to know more Scottish people too - maybe that's had an effect ... )

Merseyside Derby in about 40 minutes. God help us (Toffees). Big Sam - please let me be a believer of you - let's trounce the shite! COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Big Sam, he'll crush your soul sooner orlater.
    Ian

Yay - and my beloved Foxes go marching on!! Must admit to mixed feelings about us beating Newcastle (especially via a late own goal), but apparently we were well on top for most of the game anyway. Things not looking good for my old friends on Tyneside - it's looking increasingly like either Ashley finally goes or Rafa does. It's going to be a long, long winter if that squad doesn't get reinforced in January, and it's highly unlikely Ashley will want to invest in desperately-needed new players if it looks like he's about to sell up but the takeover is delayed.

I hate Big Sam, he'll crush your soul sooner orlater.
    I'm starting to warm to him....he can come off as an arrogant cunt at times, but Everton hasn't lost under him yet and he's adding some order and shape to the team so far.

Ian - did you see Klopp's post-match interview? Haha - I like the bloke but he came off as a total wanker in that, and the cheeky English fucker interviewing him was definitively pushing his buttons. It all added up to become pure entertainment!

Reminded me of Keegans melt down when Ferguson pushed all his buttons.

Don't get used to Sam, he'll rip your soul out, don't say I didn't warn you. I laughed my arse off when he lost the England job getting caught it a press trap.
    Ian

Ian - are you watching? 0-1 Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Ian - are you watching? 0-1 Rooney
    lalalalalalalalalalala

Can you just get the team sold and buy some new players pleeeeeeease?
    Ian

^Ha.

Can't go down again!

Bloody hell, 1-4 away at Southampton. Along with Manchester City, we are now the form team in the league, and we're now only five points off a Champions' League slot!! Good night for Arsenal to drop points....

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Bloody hell, 1-4 away at Southampton. Along with Manchester City, we are now the form team in the league, and we're now only five points off a Champions' League slot!! Good night for Arsenal to drop points....
    Everton only 4 points behind you lot - not bad considering we were in the relegation zone not long ago. Undefeated under big, crooked Sam so far. Did you know that Craig Shakespeare is part of the EFC coaching staff now? But yeah, Leicester looking good lately. How about Burnley at 31 points? Impressive.