Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    West Ham has to get someone else going than Bowen. Where is the rest of the team?
    Moyes thinks he can only buy to improve the team, he has no concept of building the squad, we are paper thin. We have a great starting XI but no depth. Antonio is not on his game or is exhausted, and so everything is resting on Bowen’s shoulders, and to be fair he has been immense lately. It’s the Bowen and Rice show at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Moyes thinks he can only buy to improve the team, he has no concept of building the squad, we are paper thin. We have a great starting XI but no depth. Antonio is not on his game or is exhausted, and so everything is resting on Bowenís shoulders, and to be fair he has been immense lately. Itís the Bowen and Rice show at the moment.
    Soucek can make a difference on offensive end but lately he got pin down by strong midfield teams and got exhausted on defensive duties. They need to develop some other players to free the creative players

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Soucek can make a difference on offensive end but lately he got pin down by strong midfield teams and got exhausted on defensive duties. They need to develop some other players to free the creative players
    He has certainly been a great signing, and I think you are right, the injuries to Ogbonna and Zouma earlier in the season made Soucek have to shield the defence more than previously, plus Rice has been more forward thinking and often carries the threat, so Soucek covers for him too. We miss his runs into the box and the goals they brought last season.

Well that was interesting.

Newcastle come to play and West Ham looked offensively challenged.

West Ham scores most of the goals from the set pieces or from the wing passes by defenders. Cresswell did not do much and sitting Coufal virtually took the right wing from the play.
    And what the hell was Antonio doing all over the pitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good result for Newcastle, no Trippier, glad Willock got a goal, a draw away at a team pushing for top 4, and keeps the unbeaten run going. Team has likely turned a corner.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Abramovich is a smart ass by pretending handing over Chelsea leadership to stewardship.
    In reality he just tries to prevent government from forcing him to sell. I hope people can see through it and kick him out.
    I do not feel sorry for him, especially since he does not even decency to speak out against Putinís actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a fuckin game tonight...I was pissing me trousers! Lampard broke his hand too celebrating!

There was a bigger match for me at The London Stadium, what a game and what a performance that was too. QF of the Europa League, COYI!

Well done to Everton though, that’s put some daylight between them and the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    There was a bigger match for me at The London Stadium, what a game and what a performance that was too. QF of the Europa League, COYI!

Well done to Everton though, that’s put some daylight between them and the pack.
    Well typical Everton....win one then fold like a cheap umbrella. We are shite and absolutely shambolic. Our defenders are a total joke. I smell relegation, I really do. West Ham away next match....yeah we know how that will turn out....West Ham 3 - 0 EFC.

Congrats btw for the Europa League.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Well typical Everton....win one then fold like a cheap umbrella. We are shite and absolutely shambolic. Our defenders are a total joke. I smell relegation, I really do. West Ham away next match....yeah we know how that will turn out....West Ham 3 - 0 EFC.
    Well as a Hammer I’ve seen a few relegations myself, some were deserved and other times we have been very unlucky, we were sent down on 42 points once. It is clear you are in the fight of your lives but those games in hand might just be the lifeline. Leeds appear to have found some fighting spirit, otherwise I thought their defence and goals against would pull them down. There will be twists and turns yet, but I hope Frank Jr can inspire a few more wins for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Congrats btw for the Europa League.
    Thanks, after the Spurs result yesterday, it is likely we are heading for 7th in the league, so we need to put everything into Europa and see if we can achieve something really special.

This.

Everton is the greatest team ever.

Everton gets a result against United! What a brilliant 50th bday gift! Wasn't expecting that.

Manure were awful, great result for the Toon yesterday
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Newcastle is safe and on their way. Everton can still be fucked, only time will tell. Yesterday helped immensely. Today I need a Norwich win against Burnley and Brentford to lose. We'll see....

How about that for a finish? Woohoo, Howay tha Toon!
    Ian

Everton are in bother
    Ian

Anyone watching this Che/Liv match? I'm in a pub, it's on.

Yup, both teams look exhausted
    Ian

What's the extra time rule? Do they play a fixed amount of time, sudden death?

2 x 15 minutes no sudden death then penalties
    Ian

Thanks Nog.