Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

What is it with us and three goal leads, we love to make it tough, but we held on this time. A win against Leicester next and we can start to believe. I fear we may have a few more injury problems though, and the squad is paper thin.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I dream of a 3 goal lead.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I dream of Jeannie's.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I dream of Jeannie's.
    With the light brown hair?

West Ham level with Newcastle....wow.

Crazy match...WHU in 4th!

Fucking Newcastle, 2-0 up against 10 men and go to sleep in second half and let the Hammers get level, nick a goal back and hold on for the win. Newcastle fans must age 5 years watching this team. Amazed Bruce doesn't have a heart attack.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Fucking Newcastle, 2-0 up against 10 men and go to sleep in second half and let the Hammers get level, nick a goal back and hold on for the win. Newcastle fans must age 5 years watching this team. Amazed Bruce doesn't have a heart attack.
    It’s no easier being a Hammer. We’ve been almost pegged back after three successive 3-0 leads. Today we gift you two goals, seemingly throw it away by half time, wake up and claw our way back against the numerical odds, and then fuck it up two minutes later. We are ageing bloody fast too!

Everton can fuck up a wet dream, so there's that. I hear you guys.

Hey how crazy is this stupid shit about a new Euro Super League? Way to fuck up over 100 years of history eh? Money, money, money. Arseholes.

Absolutely ridiculous money grab, all the involved clubs fan groups have come out against it.
    Ian

The super League is a big 'up yours' to all teams in smaller competitions and smaller teams in big competitions. I hate it.

I guess, those big teams really need the extra income to keep paying the obscene salaries of the top players. The debt of clubs like Barca, Real and Juve is skyhigh and things are beginning to fall apart for them. In fair world a business simply goes bankrupt if you constantly spend more then you generate. So start paying less or go down. Simple as that.

Jose gets the sack....again!

Are they actually going through with this bollocks? Unbelievable.

One day after masterminding Spurs into the European Super League and José is sacked... it’s a cruel game

The airwaves in the U.K. are full of fury, even the fans of the so-called” big six are opposed, at least those with match day tickets. This is a play for worldwide dollars and armchair tv fans. I hope they come down really hard on them and do not allow the football world to be pushed around by these elite power brokers.

I mean Arsenal are ninth, they scraped a home draw with, likely to be relegated, Fulham. Spurs, as we all know, are serial under-achievers and have not won a league trophy since I was a baby. On what planet are they one of the top sides of recent times?

If they kick them out now, and re-draw the league, excluding points from “big six” fixtures, West Ham are top and eight points clear. Bring it on

My son and I were both saying that Everton is finally gonna be a top 4 team! Can the EFL boot these teams out of the PL? What an utter disaster. I can't believe that this is actually happening.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I doubt they’ll take such drastic action, but they should, anyway just in case here’s the table today without results from the greedy six included. AC742069-5322-400F-8A19-4CEB3253C78D.jpg

Bottom 5 looks the same which says they're no better against non greedy 6
    Ian

Crazy stuff still - the billionaires aren't backing down. I haven't seen one coach, player, fan, pundit, etc who is in favour of this rubbish. Truly amazing the greed of people.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

The PTI guys were pro it yesterday, though they know bugger all about soccer.
    Ian

Well it’s crumbling this evening. Man City, Chelsea and Atletico reportedly our, and Barcelona on the brink. Will just be those two super-powers of North London left at this rate, the ones just scraping into the top half of the Prem

It went and fucked off! And those CEOs of the "BIG SUPER DUPER AMAZING SIX" can go eat a dead donkeys dick.

I am so happy with the recent developments.

It means that Juve, Barca and Real will have to start behaving like a normal clubs. They can increase income by selling players and cut the costs by buying less expensive players. They thought they could increase income by making their own rules (and screwing the rest of European Professional football teams).

I actually hope that one of those teams actually goes bankrupt. It will be a very positive signal for the rest to go back to more reasonability in transfer prices and salaries. Sure the die-hard fans will cry a little bit but after a while they will just support the next big upcoming team. It will not be the end of football, like Real president Perez claimed. It will just be the end of Real Madrid.

I could not agree more. The sooner we get back to a fairer and more equitable league structure throughout Europe, the better. Fuck off all of these oil rich and sports-washing conmen. I hope they push through with a more German model of fan representation and ownership.

I’m not sure who your team in The Netherlands is, but I thought it scandalous that they would put Spurs in a “super” league ahead of Ajax. Frankly it made them a laughing stock.

All I hope is that there is some sanctions now, they shouldn’t get away with this volte face without consequences.

The eons are closing
    As a blues supporter since Butch Wilkins era, so proud of the fans at the Gate. If I was still living in London, I woulda been there for sure.

But there must be a penalty for the Big Six - fines wont do it - has to be something w/ substance. I kinda like starting a season with negative pts. next year. Like a 'minus 6' would be huge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I do like the German model a lot, makes a lot of sense and hasn't hurt the success of Bayern or Dortmund. Too many money men in the sport who want predictable earnings. They get into the sport because it gives them visibility and an expensive toy. The only two thing we know about football is that it is unpredictable and you'll lose money. Get used to it. They should really make sure all the clubs are financially sound a requirement of playing. Stop them racking up all the debt to stay top of the league.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I could not agree more. The sooner we get back to a fairer and more equitable league structure throughout Europe, the better. Fuck off all of these oil rich and sports-washing conmen. I hope they push through with a more German model of fan representation and ownership.

I’m not sure who your team in The Netherlands is, but I thought it scandalous that they would put Spurs in a “super” league ahead of Ajax. Frankly it made them a laughing stock.

All I hope is that there is some sanctions now, they shouldn’t get away with this volte face without consequences.
    My team is Feyenoord so I am glad Ajax was not part of the plans. They are financially way too much ahead already of the rest of the teams in the Dutch league.