Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very good, pretty much reflects my view.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Not getting political, but the Premier League is becoming a cesspool of dubious ownership and conflicting morality, and I begin to question for how long we can all just go along with it.

Good luck, I hope it brings stability and success to an area that has for too long been overlooked.
    Its not just the Prem, its in every facet of life. Dirtbags and scumbags abound, they are everywhere and they infiltrate society no matter where you live. At the very least, its great to see Ashley go crawl back into the hole of whence he came.

Getting political, the British government sells arms to the Saudis (worth £11bn in 2019 alone) with, I assume, the full knowledge that these armaments are used in current conflicts - including the Saudi offensive in Yemen, where tens of thousands of civilians have been killed and wounded. I am not sure that Newcastle football club should carry any moral responsibility for any dealing it may have with the Saudis if the UK government itself does not think its actions are wrong.

I think that these sorts of deals are only going to get more prevalent here in the UK as the constraints once imposed on financial flows through the City of London are relaxed following Brexit. There is going to be a lot of dirty money coming our way.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

^^^ We are fast becoming the dirty money washing capital of the world, and I hate it. The sleaze and corruption are everywhere.

You are right though, The Toon Army should not be the rock on which this twisted morality sits, the Government lead the way into darkness and encourage the inflow of dirty investment.

I would love to see opposing fans unveiling a gigantic banner with an image of Jamal Khashoggi at the next Toon game.

Better still if it was Toon fans who unveiled it!

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I would love to see opposing fans unveiling a gigantic banner with an image of Jamal Khashoggi at the next Toon game.

Better still if it was Toon fans who unveiled it!
    Hell yeah
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Fucking Everton.

Woo-hoo
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Fucking Everton.
    I didn’t see the game but by all accounts West Ham played really well, so I’m delighted!

I didn’t see the game but by all accounts West Ham played really well, so I’m delighted!
    Iwobi is a total waste. Both Richarlison and DCL are injured, and this team has absolutely zero depth in the bench. Moyes is doing a decent job with West Ham.

Eddie Howe at Newcastle. I always liked him....whaddya think Ian?

I'm very happy, hopeful for January, no if only we can win a couple of games.
    Ian

West Ham up to third, beating Liverpool, this is insane, though we lost Ogbonna to an ACL injury, which is a big blow.

West Ham up to third, beating Liverpool, this is insane, though we lost Ogbonna to an ACL injury, which is a big blow.
    Nice man. Hammers looking as solid as Trump's fake bronze penis.

Ole "Gollum" Gunnar gets the big sack...United is stinking up the joint, like Everton-level stinking.

Everton vs City....COYB!!!

Everton absolutely suck!!!

Everton absolutely suck!!!
    No, they are way worse than that! They are beyond sucking....they are utter rubbish. Derby on Wednesday, should be really really fun for the red side of Liverpool.

I am genuinely VERY worried about EFC. They got a decent thrashing yesterday and have zero confidence and/or tactical plan right now. The players just suck too. Moshiri has squandered about £600m in the last 5-6 years on absolute rubbish players. New stadium coming too, this is a nightmare. Good chance they could get relegated.....no joking there.

Newcastle already have one of those spot booked.

Newcastle in the Championship next year

Ian

I don’t see Everton falling that low, but they are on a really bad run of form, and I’m wondering if Benitez is the right man for the fight.

Newcastle had two must win home games this week, and they only drew the first. I looked at the fixtures and their next four games after Burnley are very tough. I fear it doesn’t matter what is spent in January, it may be too late. However they have the right manger in Eddie Howe, he will steer a quick course back from the Championship.

My team have gone off the boil too, which is a shame, but there’s a real need for some additional firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Newcastle already have one of those spot booked.

Newcastle in the Championship next year
    Niiiiice suit!

Everton is only 8 points behind Newcastle, so they are both in the conversation. I genuinely think that Klopp or Pep could come in and they wouldn't have much of an affect - I think the lot of players are that bad. It's not just DCL and Mina out, it's a lack of everything including a game plan. The fixture list coming up doesn't look promising either. I guess this conversation could apply to a bunch of PL teams right now. It's worse being an Evertonian when you have the local rival doing so damn well - it just stings and burns harder.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Go West Ham! Congrats on beating Chelsea

Woohoo! Howay tha Toon!
    Ian

Go West Ham! Congrats on beating Chelsea
    It was quite a freaky goal to seal it, but I’ll take that!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Woohoo! Howay tha Toon!
    That was an important win, well done, it’s all to play for now.