Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Have to say on the Maureen front that it's not before time and good riddance to bad rubbish. He's ben stinking up the game like an unflushed turd for at least the last two years. Absent the likes of Pulis and Allardyce, nobody has made the beautiful game more thoroughly joyless in recent years than Mourhino. My guess is that, long-term, United want Pochettino, who has probably gone as far as he can with Spurs without a serious injection of cash that isn't coming. In so many respects he's the ideal man for them: positive, plays flowing, attacking football, and with an excellent record for youth development. Positively the anti-Maureen in ever way, really. It was rumoured that Solskjaer had been appointed as temporary coach until the end of the season, but they now seem to have reneged.

My great fear is that my Beloved Foxes will sack Puel (who once again missed a great opportunity for progress in the Carabao Cup against Man City's 3rd-string reserve side) and hire Maureen as a replacement - a man whose rancorous personality is the exact opposite of everything our club has come to stand for...

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    (merriment aside, I wonder if they will be able to tempt Blanc or Zizou? - or to lure Poch, for whom they have long harboured respect, in particular for his young player development skills, if not for his trophy winning abilities!)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You guys watching City losing 3-1 at home to Palace? WOW, Townsend's goal was stunning
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^Absolutely phenomenal goal, can’t see anyone getting a better one this season.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    (merriment aside, I wonder if they will be able to tempt Blanc or Zizou? - or to lure Poch, for whom they have long harboured respect, in particular for his young player development skills, if not for his trophy winning abilities!)
    It would be a super-sad day for Spurs, but I suspect they may very well target Poch and although Levy will drive a hard bargain, money will win out.

YES!! WASN'T EXPECTING THAT!! 0-1 win against Chelsea, and apparently our performance was quite excellent! Not sure where it leaves us re. Puel (many rumble in the Guardian yesterday that his time was near up), but it's nice to see a step in the right direction after a largely dismal run of recent results.

Yikes!!!!
    12/22 was quite a day:
    MC lose 1-3
    CHE lose
    MU win 1-5.....have they turned the corner? now that JM is gone? They sure played like a team-renewed from my perspective....fingers crossed that they can climb back into the top 4.
    G.A.S -aholic

Great game yesterday. I would love to see EFC destroy Spurs today but I know better! Fuck it....Up the Toffees!!!

Hmmm that was as far away from destroying Spurs as is possible in 90 minutes, they were outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Hmmm that was as far away from destroying Spurs as is possible in 90 minutes, they were outstanding.
    Shocking and embarrassing. Not sure why Marco Silva had Everton holding such a high line against a team with such quality and an ability to quickly counter-attack? WTF was he thinking? Just shocking really.

Typical EFC. We always pride ourselves as being a top-6 team, and we are (if we were playing in the Championship).
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Everton hits 5 today! First Boxing Day win in a while. Leicester takes down City! Liverpool may have won the title today, who knows?

I'm not talking about that game.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Everton hits 5 today! First Boxing Day win in a while. Leicester takes down City! Liverpool may have won the title today, who knows?
    GET IN!! I take it all back: Puel is a genius whom I want to manage Leicester forever! Never thought we'd get six points from those two games, and both were excellent performances by all accounts, swung by smart tactical changes by Puel at the right time. Maybe it's all starting to come good...

And yes, Liverpool look unstoppable right now. I think it really might be their title to lose.

Another great win for West Ham tonight, five in six, that’s quite a December, and with ten long term injuries and not enough subs to fill the bench. Pellegrini is proving a very astute manager, even with our ragged squad, and Felipe Anderson the best piece of business in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Another great win for West Ham tonight, five in six, that’s quite a December, and with ten long term injuries and not enough subs to fill the bench. Pellegrini is proving a very astute manager, even with our ragged squad, and Felipe Anderson the best piece of business in a long while.
    Yeah, that was a good game.
    G.A.S -aholic

TOT got spanked at home 1-3 !

LIV just keep widening that gap.
    G.A.S -aholic

Everton suck.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Everton suck.
    Not as much as Newcastle
    Ian

AAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

That's all I have to say...

I hear you, and relay with added AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH inconsistency is out watchword!

Sorry Chalkpie...

MC -vs- LIV: 2-1: Might have been the best game I've seen all season so far.

That goal-line save will be a year-end high-light for sure.
    G.A.S -aholic

^^^ That goal line clearance and 11.7 mm cost me a £150 win on my £5 bet, so I was super grumpy! It was an exciting game to watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Sorry Chalkpie...
    Nothing to be sorry about. Everton play like some Sunday country club rich wanker fuckknobs lately. When they get hungry and start to want to win some games, then maybe they'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    MC -vs- LIV: 2-1: Might have been the best game I've seen all season so far.

That goal-line save will be a year-end high-light for sure.
    Great match

Man am I pissed that all the FA Cup games are only on ESPN+, what a con, buy the rights and then put it on a channel where people have to sign up for more cost. Arseholes.
    Ian