Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Buying tix tomorrow for Liverpool/Man City July 25 at Met Life, NJ
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Buying tix tomorrow for Liverpool/Man City July 25 at Met Life, NJ
    Nice, should be fun, I saw Man U - Juventus about 15 years ago at Giant Stadium, good day out.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Owner lost interest (offering to sell them for free right now to whoever will take on the debt), couldn't manage to buy or sell players as needed, ran up huge debts, stadium half full at best. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.
    Yes; horrible club, terrible place, awful fans. Elected to continue to play an individual who had apparently already confessed to senior management about child molestation in a bid to stay in the Premier League a couple of years ago, and featuring an utterly dysfunctional core of senior players whose main interest seems to be how soon they can get from training to the pub. Never has an example of getting what you truly deserve been more apparent.

Good lord - Roma is getting SPANKED. Wow. Looks like the Red Shite is going to the Champions League Final.

Nice, should be fun, I saw Man U - Juventus about 15 years ago at Giant Stadium, good day out.
    Got the tix! Excited. We went two years ago when Real played Bayern - its our only chance to see real football in the states!

Great result for Liverpool but at 5-0 the tie was dead, at 5-2 Roma still have a sniff. Great game. Salah is a phenomena.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Great result for Liverpool but at 5-0 the tie was dead, at 5-2 Roma still have a sniff. Great game. Salah is a phenomena.
    Based on how they played today against Stoke, you may be right. If Roma comes out swinging, they will have a shot. But you know how crazy this sport is by now - literally ANYTHING can happen. I'm not missing either CL match - that is for sure.

Fucking hell. 5-0 away to Palace. We have been clueless for weeks. Time for Puel to go, I think; he's clearly lost the dressing room, and with a major squad overhaul to come in the summer I don't trust him to bring in the players we need - especially in midfield. Mahrez will undoubtedly go this time, and then we're completely screwed if things stay as they are. Sadly, My beloved Foxes are starting to resemble West Brom towards the conclusion of the Pulis era, and that hasn't exactly ended well.

Rumour is that Leicester are in for Benitez if Ashley screws up the sale of Newcastle or doesn't give Benitez the funding he needs.
    Ian

I hope Arsenal takes this in honour of Wenger, a top manager.

Rumour is that Leicester are in for Benitez if Ashley screws up the sale of Newcastle or doesn't give Benitez the funding he needs.

That would make me very happy indeed!!

Liverpool vs Real Madrid in CL Final.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Liverpool vs Real Madrid in CL Final.
    Should be a good Game.......Watched the LP-Roma game.......Poor Milner......an OG & a migraine too.

(for those who didn't see it....a ball that was clearing from the 6-yard box smashed into the side of Milner's head and bounced into the goal)
    G.A.S -aholic

What a wacky couple of semi final second legs. Probably the worst goalkeeping flub I've seen at that level in a couple of years by the Bayern keeper & that ends up being the difference between going through and not.

Liverpool's game got tight at the end but the two away goals really settled that tie. Couple of calls could have got Roma's way but I thought the penalty they did get was soft, he was very close and his arm was by his side. Highest scoring CL semi ever.

Should be a great final, Liverpool's front three will cause Real's shaky defense all sorts of problems but Real going forward look equally effective. 3-2 Liverpool.
    Ian

I have read this thread for months but haven't chipped in, not wanting to temp fate for my own perilously placed team, West Ham. I thought we would escape at one point, but the performance against Man City was so inept that I'm not sure we have another win in us. Leicester away this weekend, Man Utd at home after and then Everton at home to finish. Just hoping the mid-table apathy allows us some leeway against The Foxes, as I do not want it to go to the last game. Then again, if it can force the exit of our hated investors, and our unlovable manager, then I just might accept a relegation right now.

I think the Champions League final will be an exciting game, two great attacking teams, two shaky defences, it really could go either way.

West Ham have been disastrous this year. I wouldn't judge anyone on how they Man City, they've been giving good teams a pounding. Tough run for West Ham, you're certainly hoping for some opponents who have already headed for the beaches. I know Newcastle looked exactly like that when they played West Brom last week.
    Ian

.....and down goes Stoke. Ooops. I actually felt pretty bad for Jack Butland, those seemed like authentic tears of sadness and a tremendous amount of disappointment to both himself and his fans. Slightly heart-wrenching to watch. I also like Paul Lambert, he seems like a pretty decent bloke. Having said that, better them than Everton

Butland will be fine, Stoke will have to sell him and Shaqiri. Both will be playing for better teams next season.
    Ian

Butland will be fine, Stoke will have to sell him and Shaqiri. Both will be playing for better teams next season.
    No chance of them staying? What about Berahino and Shawcross?

I'd be surprised, they need to cut the wage bill and those two will be the most desired.
    Ian

So how does this work with their current salary contract? Let's say next season is year three of a 4 year salary contract, do they still get paid the same or do they take a pay cut now that they are in the championship?

They get paid whats in the contract, the clubs TV money goes down dramatically though there are parachute payments to ease the pain. Some players has relegation release clauses in their contracts.
    Ian

Fuckity fuck, it's certain now that the Leicester players have stopped playing for Puel: getting beaten at home 2-0 by an abject, Moyes-led West Ham is simply inexcusable. Clearly, Puel has to go, but it's equally obvious that a serious clearout of the current squad is also necessary. We are coming to resemble Pulis-era West Brom to a truly alarming degree.