Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Congratulations to Everton for staying up but boy the post match celebration looked more like they won the league rather than avoid relegation, cheesy.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

At half time I saw the score and thought they were doomed, so that’s quite a turn around, but I agree you shouldn’t be celebrating mediocrity with such gusto, although I can imagine the euphoria after what has been a torrid season of woe. Is Frank Jr the man to take them forward?

The eons are closing
    Total Lampard fan here - player and coach.

While the Toffees should be keen to keep him on near term - I am still unsure of Super Frank's ability to get over the top, so to speak.

Great for building a winning culture, getting things back into shape, stay in PL.... but when that moment arrives, it may take a differing skipper to get them into Europe and be successful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Congratulations to Everton for staying up but boy the post match celebration looked more like they won the league rather than avoid relegation, cheesy.
    Thanks and yep! Cheesy or not, EFC fans are fanatical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    At half time I saw the score and thought they were doomed, so that’s quite a turn around, but I agree you shouldn’t be celebrating mediocrity with such gusto, although I can imagine the euphoria after what has been a torrid season of woe. Is Frank Jr the man to take them forward?
    We have shite players. Lampard can only do so much. Ancelotti and Rafa couldn't make it work either.

What an insane ending! Holy fuck. This was close to 2011. Lots of angles with Gerrard/Villa potential goal needed. Crazy crazy shit!

The eons are closing
    City comeback was unreal - and the relegation drama was absurd too!

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    City comeback was unreal - and the relegation drama was absurd too!

I would have gambled my entire house/life savings that City were at least going to tie or lose. Three goals? No way did I ever imagine that would happen that late in the game. Stunning comeback. I don't like City but they are a great team. Klopp and Pep are the two finest managers in football currently imo.

I'll take Newcastle Uniteds season, to Xmas was torture, paradise from then on.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I don't like City but they are a great team.
    I just don't like teams like City and PSG that somehow seems to avoid the rules of Financial fair play and completely spoil the market. But yeah , City is a great team. Kevin de Bruyne is the best mid fielder in the world and maybe the best overall player at the moment.

I have my fingers crossed for tomorrows Conference league final. I know, its 'only' conference league but for my team Feyenoord with its financial problems and limited budget its a REALLY big deal to reach to final. We did it with a lot of players from own youth, some smart scouting of not too expensive players and some cheap rentals and and will give Mourinho hell!

Never knock the Conference League, we are in it next year (West Ham) so I’m all for it! Good luck to Feyenoord, I really hope that you win it and stick it to José, he’s had enough success.

I too share your distaste for the oil rich teams that wreck the market. Our teams can never compete on a level playing field over a whole season, we can raise our game in a one v one, but squad depth and quality is everything in a league season.

Go Hammers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loshammeros View Post
    Go Hammers!!!
    A new striker at last and rumours of a few more signings before the big KO, it’s going to be another interesting season.

Well it’s kicked off, how are you all feeling?

I was lucky enough to be invited to Spurs v Southampton today, it was quite an easy home win, and I think the Saints will struggle, they seemed very weak at the back. Quite an impressive stadium though, it was my first visit.

I was on for a decent win on an accumulator bet, until Chelsea scored at Everton.

I’m getting my post in early because I expect my team West Ham will be turned over my Man City tomorrow.

Quite happy with the Newcastle result, looked pretty solid.
    Ian

Watching end of the CHE vs. TOT. Pretty chippy game.

Bonkers game.
    Ian

Looked like the coaches were gonna duke it out.

Both got red cards
    Ian

Was this a regular season game? Asking because, what do I know? It was a tie.

Yes, ties are allowed in soccer. 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie.
    Ian

Also there are no playoffs, you play everyone home and away, whoever has the most points after all the games wins the big trophy. There are separate single elimination knock out tournaments that also go on throughout the season.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Also there are no playoffs, you play everyone home and away, whoever has the most points after all the games wins the big trophy. There are separate single elimination knock out tournaments that also go on throughout the season.
    So no "Super Bowl?" Lol.

I would think of the European Champions League Final as the Superbowl. That essentially determines the best team in Europe each year. The top teams for each league play in it.
    Ian

Everton finally win...yayyyy! Good signings with Coady and Maupay. Even Iwobi seems to be a transformed player. Lampard seems to be onto something here....