Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Spurs have their backs up against the wall now.....was really hoping that Everton could have at least tied Chelsea
    We played well up until the first amazing strike by Pedro, then it all went tits up. What annoys me was Koeman's "ho hum" post match interview. We have 7th locked, but it would be nice to fuck with Arsenal and Man U

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    As was Rashford's penalty, should have been booked for diving.
    Totally. Watch that over in slow motion, Marcus. I like the lad, but that was pure shite.

Spurs have their backs up against the wall now.....was really hoping that Everton could have at least tied Chelsea
    They had their back against the wall last season too, and choked (against Chelsea).....remember the party in Jamie Vardy's kitchen??!! Awesome shit.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I remember Spurs completely losing the plot and kicking anything that moved at the end of last season
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Pick your seat at Sunderland

Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I remember Spurs completely losing the plot and kicking anything that moved at the end of last season
    Yeah, they lost it against Chelsea, and never recovered. I don't like them at all so I am rooting against them.

Pick your seat at Sunderland

Its not the same David Moyes anymore, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    They had their back against the wall last season too, and choked (against Chelsea).....remember the party in Jamie Vardy's kitchen??!! Awesome shit.
    Yeah, that was a surreal moment.
    G.A.S -aholic

Chelsea have done it!....hope that Spurs can hold on to 2nd this time.
    G.A.S -aholic

Chelsea have done it!....hope that Spurs can hold on to 2nd this time.
    Conte is the real deal. I don't like Chelsea by any stretch, but I don't hate them as much as when Jose was in charge.

Conte is the real deal. I don't like Chelsea by any stretch, but I don't hate them as much as when Jose was in charge.
    I have no love or hate for Chelsea, but I REALLY can't stand D. Costa.....such a crying primadonna when things don't go his way.
    G.A.S -aholic

but I REALLY can't stand D. Costa....
    With you 100%.

However, I do wish that Lukaku had his work ethic. But yeah, he is a dirty player.

As I said before.

Costa is a superb player but maybe the dirtiest player in the league, always kicking and elbowing when the ref isn't looking and flopping all over the place like a dying fish when he is looking. He's the classic example of the type of player you'd love to have on your team but everyone else despises.
    Ian

Not the best season for my beloved Foxes (that's Leicester City for those not in the know). After the sheer giddiness of winning the Premier League last season it was back to earth with a bump again this. Sadly, despite all the vitriol received following his firing, Ranieri had to go in the end; without his departure we were dead certs for relegation as he'd lost the dressing room and clearly had become the principal source of our woes on the pitch in terms of his dubious (and last-minute) tactical decisions and almost random team selections. We will always be grateful for what he did for us, but you're only as good in football as your last game. Thankfully, things picked up over the last third or so of the season under Shakespeare, 6-1 thrashing by Spurs aside. We really need to recruit cleverly this summer, though, our team - and especially our defence - is aging rapidly, and without some injection of talented new blood we might well become genuine relegation candidates next season.

Koeman SACKED!!

Its a great day. Now let's find a quality manager so we don't go down. COYB.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

He did not have a good time at Everton, hoping Newcastle find a good buyer.
    Ian

He did not have a good time at Everton, hoping Newcastle find a good buyer.
    No he didn't. He never fit in from day one - EFC is a club with a deep, rich history, and he never honored their history with integrity, he was a square peg in a round hole. An arrogant bloke with questionable managerial knowledge. Also, his training methods at Finch Farm and treatment of players was borderline blasphemous (see Omar Niasse for an example). Not to mention random and ever-changing tactics and spending 150m this summer on (what looks to be) overpriced shite. I could go on and on, but needless to say its a great day to see the back of him.

So what's happening with Mike Ashley? Yeah, I'd like to see good things happen with NUFC, I've always liked that club - well at least as much as I can being an EFC fan! Certainly WAY more than the big six, of whom I despise for the most part. I've always liked Jack Colback. Isn't Ashley the Sports stores CEO in the UK? I've read some shady things about him in the BBC, no?

Wonga!

He's very shady, he's also clueless about football. He really doesn't have enough cash to compete with the big 6.
    Ian

Koeman SACKED!!

Indeed a great day. Now he's available for the Dutch national Team .

Koeman SACKED!!

Amazed it took this long, to be honest. Everton have been slow and ponderous all season, and it's clear that their lack of an out and out striker was a major problem. Ultimately, though, one could argue that Koemans's biggest problem (in addition to poor recruiting) was the utter failure to replace Lukaku, something for which he wasn't actually responsible. I would humbly suggest that some of those in the senior echelons of Everton's hierarchy should be looking rather more closely at their won role in the present debacle.

As regards Ashley, he's been a blight on Newcastle ever since he bought the club, apparently on a whim with his new-found fortune from the flotation of high-street sweatshop Sports Direct. His utter lack of ambition for the club, other than a source of free advertising for SD, and as means of milking cash from merchandising sales, was little short of disgraceful. Having lived on Tyneside for 16 years, I have a certain fondness for Newcastle, and to see such a famous old club, with its fantastic supporters, treated with such cynicism and contempt by the bunch of borderline crooks and gangsters that make up Asley's cronies running NUFC has been shameful. Club and fans deserve much, much better, and I hope they get it from whoever buys the club.

I see my beloved Foxes fired Shakespeare after last weekend's game. Can't say I'm surprised; we appeared to be going backwards again and our record of one win in 8 games was surefire relegation fodder. Apparently the club doesn't have a definite replacement in mind at the moment, but was DELIGHTED to learn that Allardyce had ruled himself out of the job. We shall see what the future brings...

Your getting Moyes (hahahahaha)
    Ian

Your getting Moyes (hahahahaha)
    Bite your tongue!!!

Maybe we're getting Raf ........he is seriously linked. Ancelotti or Tuchel for me. Dyche would be OK but not my first choice. No Big Sam or Moyes, thank you very much.

Raf still has a house in Liverpool so I guess thats a good pull for him.
    Ian

Great to see that Everton is doing a lot better since they've sacked Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Great to see that Everton is doing a lot better since they've sacked Koeman.

Ha !

And Man City just keeps rolling along...(I'm hoping that Man U can catch up)
    G.A.S -aholic