Thread: Premier League 16-17

Shocking. EFC play shite then play like a different team away once in a while. West Ham had a few great chances. Good game overall.

Everton were very well set up, we couldn’t find any space and our usual aerial threat was nullified. Ancelotti is a canny manager. Sadly that has probably handed CL to Liverpool if Leicester continue to falter.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well done Wolves and Burnley, goodbye Fulham and West Brom. Howay tha Toon!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Told you that you didn’t need another point, those two were doomed from a few weeks ago. Let’s see if any of Mike Ashley’s court actions can shake up a new direction / new ownership for Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Told you that you didn’t need another point, those two were doomed from a few weeks ago. Let’s see if any of Mike Ashley’s court actions can shake up a new direction / new ownership for Newcastle.
    We can only hope.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Most of these billionaire owners seem like assturds. Farhad Moshiri actually seems like a decent person and the Thai Leicester owner who died in the chopper crash also seemed like a genuinely good guy. But they may be the exception because the "big six" owners are selfish pricks.

Nice goal Newcastle. Would like to see City lose. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Nice goal Newcastle. Would like to see City lose. Always.
    It's on a channel I don't have so will watch the highlights later.
    Ian

Dear god it's 4-3 at 66 minutes, I'm glad we're safe or I'd have had a heart attack.
    Ian

Crazy ass game...very entertaining.

Great to see Leicester win the FA Cup final! I have not seen our resident Foxes fan Mark around here in a while, he’ll be celebrating I’m sure.

Definitely! Glad to see Chelsea losing

Holy West Ham - Brighton match! All level at 1 - 1

West Ham have blown it in the supposedly easy run in. I doubt we’ll get Europa League now, I just can’t see us winning the last two games, the thin squad has cost us at the sharp end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    West Ham have blown it in the supposedly easy run in. I doubt we’ll get Europa League now, I just can’t see us winning the last two games, the thin squad has cost us at the sharp end of the season.
    I feel your pain. Everton lost ANOTHER Goodison match against Sheffield United, the worst team in the Prem and headed for the Championship. We also fielded our top line-up including James, Doucoure, DCL, Richarlison, etc. Pathetic. Slow. No intent. Piss poor. 9th home defeat. Fucking tossers.

Every goalkeepers dream coming up and scoring a last minute goal (I was a goalie), fantastic stuff.
    Ian

Yeah crazy stuff!

God I hope we can sign Joe Willock, he's scored in six straight games he's played in, directly affecting 3 wins and 2 draws.
    Ian

Is he on loan from Arsenal or without a contract?

Loan, don't know if we have 1st refusal.
    Ian

I fear he will return to Arsenal, Arteta said as much today, but that could be posturing for a sale. He has certainly been impressive since forcing his way into the side.

What a final week it has been, and it ain’t over yet! The Harry Kane bombshell has rocked my Spurs supporting friends, and I fear without him they will be a shadow of themselves. Where will he end up though? My bet is Man City as a direct replacement for Aguero. This is probably why he has decided now is the time to agitate to get away.

I’m hoping for another win to close out the season and for Europa League qualification for the Hammers. We only need a point, but it will be great to end with a decisive statement. Quite a few mates are lucky enough to have tickets for this one. I had a season ticket for over 20 years, but am happy to watch from afar now, with the occasional visit for social reasons.

$20MM apparently, sounds fairly reasonable in today's stupid market.
    Ian

Everton's gonna win the league!!!!

I mean no their not. They're midtable asschunks.

Nice to see Athletico beat Real and Barca for the title, shame it involved that arsehole Suarez.
    Ian

Aguero to Barca and Mbappe might be going to Real. Kane wants out too.