Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    EFC always has a way of fucking up, incontinency is their worst trait. I would love to see West Ham, etc or any other team beat out big 5 or 6...the teams I loathe the most. Leicester winning in 2016 was the greatest moment in football in the last whatever amount of years. But EFC and West Ham both are in very very decent positions. We shall see.
    Ah we match Everton for inconsistency. For us tonight at home to Leeds is a must win if we have any real top four aspirations. Leeds can be a good side, but do leak goals, so if we bring our A game it should be a win, but then again.... there’s that historic inconsistency to fear!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Oh I only care as I was counting on them to beat Fulham and help Newcastle
    Fulham have been putting a pretty decent run together, I think they will get out of the bottom three. Newcastle have to find a way to get back to positive results and save themselves. Brighton could be sucked in, but they have a good manager and seem to play decent football without any end product in front of goal, so without any firepower they may find the road running out ahead of them. It’s definitely going to be scrap down there.

Not looking good....fuckin Chelsea. EFC cannot win at the Bridge.

Go Hammers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loshammeros View Post
    Go Hammers!!!
    Wow is there two of us?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    One more and you'll have a cabal.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    One more and you'll have a cabal.
    On CD or vinyl?

8s Tracks
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Everton loses at Goodison to Burnley...their home record is atrocious.

That was a real surprise, but home advantage isn’t what it was in Covid times.

I’m looking for Arsenal to beat Spurs tomorrow and a miracle result at Old Trafford in the evening... of course that won’t happen.

Go Hammers!!!

West Ham couldn't break down United in the final third. Decent try though, good defending overall.

Bloody Brighton
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

West Ham couldn't break down United in the final third. Decent try though, good defending overall.
    I was disappointed that we approached the game a little too passively, I understand wanting to shut them out, but we needed more creativity earlier. Bloody own goal too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I was disappointed that we approached the game a little too passively, I understand wanting to shut them out, but we needed more creativity earlier. Bloody own goal too!
    Tough luck on that. Looks like West Ham and Everton can be duking it out for a European spot! As long as LFC doesn't sneak in there.....

BTW, Antonio is a beast! Guy has arms like legs and he runs like a freight train...total athlete that bloke.

BTW, Antonio is a beast! Guy has arms like legs and he runs like a freight train...total athlete that bloke.
    Yes he is an absolute powerhouse, and has transformed himself into a predatory striker, when he was bought as a utility winger with ability to play full back. Sadly he has troublesome hamstrings and it is difficult to keep him at peak of performance. He’s never scored from outside the box! We love him though, but he really needs back up and some summer business must be done.

If we scape a European spot we will have to spend as the squad is too thin to mount any challenge at all. Sadly there have been some real bad buys in recent years, that have used a lot of cash, all really dating back to the disastrous time of Manuel Pellegrini as manager. Moyes as any Evertonian knows, is more frugal and astute in his business dealings, he needs to be with our chairmen.

Goodbye FA Cup. Now I just root against City.

Did anyone watch the West Ham v Arsenal game yesterday? What a crazy match, a definite game of two halves. I'm sanguine now, but was fuming that they lost a three goal lead yesterday, scoring two own goals along the way. We really should be two points better off, but Arsenal played well once they realised they were in a hole.

Nice draw with Spurs Ian.

Yes, we really should have won it given the chances, our best performance for a while, we're missing good finishing. We have a brutal run in with Man City, Leicester, Arsenal & Liverpool. Two big games with Sheffield and Fulham to fish the season. Both could be crucial.
    Ian

Yikes, rough run. Although Arsenal shouldn't be too worrisome as they are so volatile. Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle, and FFC are all very tight, could be a nail-biter at the end.

Thank you Villa
    Ian

1 - 1 draw with Palace. It's a point I guess...

Go Hammers!!!