Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

Thread: Premier League 16-17

And....Ian wins.

So typical of Everton.....hit a roll and then it goes in either direction in a big way. Zero consistency with this team, which is actually the most consistent aspect about them.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Missed the last 30 minutes but Everton looked average, we're not that good.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

4 weeks since anybody commented here and a lot has happened. It’s quite an open league so far, with some different names making headway. Personally I’m a little surprised to see West Ham up to fifth, but they have negotiated a run of tough games and survived for the most part, unlucky to lose to both Arsenal and Liverpool, so now I see it as the stagger unwinding and not a false place. Just a. Surprise against last season. That said, the luck was with them on Monday against Villa. Big game this weekend against Man Utd.

Spurs v Arsenal is another important one this weekend.

^^ This has been a really interesting season so far, with, as you say, some different names making headway and some unusual names in mid table. For me it opens up a question about just how much playing in front of fans affects a team's performance. I suspect the players feed off the crowd's adrenaline massively. It would be great for Spurs to win the League, but strong performances early in the season usually taper off by March/April. I hope this is their year
    'There are no certain answers and no time to understand / The goal's a changing paradise, a moment out of date'