Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Its actually called football.

F**k, we are depressingly mediocre this season. I understand that Arsenal are on a bit of a hot streak right now, but we could have made more of a game of it with the squad we have. I'm seriously wondering if Puel is the man to get the most out of our actually very talented players - this 'beat the crap teams, surrender to the good ones' approach is deeply depressing.

Everton in 8th! Actually doing OK!

Also, That fracas with Jose is bizarre. He has some issues for sure.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    F**k, we are depressingly mediocre this season. I understand that Arsenal are on a bit of a hot streak right now, but we could have made more of a game of it with the squad we have. I'm seriously wondering if Puel is the man to get the most out of our actually very talented players - this 'beat the crap teams, surrender to the good ones' approach is deeply depressing.
    I think you should still have Claude R....he was a great manager.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'd love mediocre, we aspire to mediocre, mediocre is an unattainable goal.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That is better than us, we aspire to match (some of) the better teams, and fall apart when faced with the others. It is going to be a depressingly long tiresome season of lower table mediocrity I feel.

So sorry to hear the news of out Leicestershire......my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    So sorry to hear the news of out Leicestershire......my condolences.
    Yes a terrible disaster!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

What can I say? Just horrible. My club has lost a genuinely good man - and it's not often I say that about the ultra-wealthy. He will be greatly missed.

Such sad sad news. I was on the Eurostar home from Paris on Saturday evening, and was following the match on my iPhone, I was initially upset that we let in the late equaliser, but then an hour later the tragic news came through and football no longer seemed important. He did seem to be a genuinely benevolent man, and will be certainly missed by the club. My daughter spent three years at Leicester University, which coincided with their amazing season, so I feel a warmth and appreciation toward the City.

Yeah, sad news for the team (and football fans in general)...at least he got to see his team rise to the very top. Not all owners can claim that level of success.
    G.A.S -aholic

My gosh....Man U squeak-out a win against Bornemouth in the 92nd minute...…..They should have lost as Bournemouth could have been 3-0 up in the first half.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    My gosh....Man U squeak-out a win against Bornemouth in the 92nd minute...…..They should have lost as Bournemouth could have been 3-0 up in the first half.
    Yep.

Everton played really well against Brighton HA. Richarlson is our new weapon. Nice tributes to Vichai. Hey Ian congrats on Newcastle win!

HUZZAH!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    HUZZAH!
    Congratulations!!

Well, we did at least manage to chalk up a win for Vichai. Very grateful to our fellow EPL clubs for their kind tributes to VS before the games this weekend. Burnley at home next, which really ought to be a solid 3 points for us, but with most of the team in Thailand this week, plus our general maddening inconsistency, one can never be sure of anything.

Man City looked like a machine today.
    Ian

Yeah...that game looked like a training film...such precision and all this w/o Kevin DeBruyne !!!
    G.A.S -aholic

Well, we did at least manage to chalk up a win for Vichai. Very grateful to our fellow EPL clubs for their kind tributes to VS before the games this weekend. Burnley at home next, which really ought to be a solid 3 points for us, but with most of the team in Thailand this week, plus our general maddening inconsistency, one can never be sure of anything.
    Congrats mate. Up The Foxes (just not too up past EFC!). Foxes are my number 2 team I am cheering for this season.

Yeah...that game looked like a training film...such precision and all this w/o Kevin DeBruyne !!!
    I saw the highlights - they are ridiculous. Its pretty safe to say that Pep is a much better manager than Jose these days. I think that Pep could do the same with United if he was given the chance - that is a sersiously talented lot that is both deep and not performing to potential.

Holy moley...Man U Come from behind in the last minutes to beat JUV !!!! 1-2
    G.A.S -aholic

Did you see Ronaldo's goal? Oh My God.
    Ian

Holy moley...Man U Come from behind in the last minutes to beat JUV !!!! 1-2
    Shades of the 1999 Champions' League Final against Bayern Munich, where Manure were crap for 89 minutes, equalized right at the death and scored an appalling scrappy goal in Fergie Time. They always were jammy bastards.

Did you see Ronaldo's goal? Oh My God.
    Insane!