Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Newcastle didn't look too bad in losing to a goos Spurs side, probably deserved a draw.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah they did fairly well. Spurs have a good squad.

Good game so far. Newcastle should be down a man quite honestly for that cynical kick/takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Good game so far. Newcastle should be down a man quite honestly for that cynical kick/takedown.
    Agreed though the red they got was a bit harsh & Cardiff should have had one off as well if that's the standard. Bloody awful penalty.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Good lord - we won!! 2-0 against Wolves, though Vardy getting a straight red card means we'll be without our best striker for the next three games. Looking forward to seeing the Maddison goal on MotD tonight - apparently this lad's a bit special...

Nice job. Everton looking much improved too, but it's early. VERY happy to see United go down against Brighton!

United looked awful
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    United looked awful
    Lumbered with the Mourinho managerial millstone. The guy is such a busted flush - & has been for a few years now.

Since Fergie's retiral, the club has seriously lost its way. Which, in part, further reflects what a phenomenal manager he was.

City look to have started where they finished, can anyone challenge?

My team look woeful, no shape, no spirit, no energy, no defensive midfield, and some tough games in the next four. Too early to panic, but I hoped we would compete from the kick off this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    City look to have started where they finished, can anyone challenge?

My team look woeful, no shape, no spirit, no energy, no defensive midfield, and some tough games in the next four. Too early to panic, but I hoped we would compete from the kick off this year.
    City looks like they are on another tiitle-bound rampage for the foreseeable future. And this is without their magician De Bruyne. Who's gonna challenge them - Chelsea? Spurs? Maybe Liverpool? I dunno, those teams all have their weaknesses, although they are great teams, but City is the consistent real deal now in almost every category that makes a great team. I'm not seeing United or Gunners as title contenders, but as we know this is a fickle sport and really bizarre things can happen. Maybe another "Leicester" can happen this year with an unexpected team - we can all wish right? I just want to see Everton make the Champions League for once.

Re: Jose - He is such a whiny ass and never takes responsibility for his own shortcomings. I"d like to see him with a mid-table or lower-table club to REALLY see what his managerial skills are truly about, not managing top flight clubs with (almost) endless budgets.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Only teams to challenge City will be Real, Barca, Juve, PSG and Bayern.
    Ian

Only teams to challenge City will be Real, Barca, Juve, PSG and Bayern.
    Agreed. I was only talking about the PL. Gets kind of old after a while, eh? That's why seeing Leicester was such an amazing and historical event.

United looked awful
    Sadly I must agree....dare I say "Cringe-worthy"?....well, maybe not quite. We're only a few games into the season.....Man City on the other hand have barreled out of the gate like an untamed Mustang...2 games, 6 points, 8 goals....!!!

Arsenal?...........I think it's going to be a Loooooooong season for them.
    G.A.S -aholic

I think Liverpool will give Man City a closer run this time round, and Spurs if they keep their first team fit will also be very consistent. There is always the unknown of Chelsea, but I do not think they have the strength to last the course.

One things seems certain Arsenal look to be the same as those last years under Wenger, change takes time.

Mourinho is such a miserable (under-achieving) git too, you cant help but rejoice when goals rain in against them!
    Last edited by Sunlight Caller; 08-20-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I think Liverpool will give Man City a closer run this time round, and Spurs if they keep their first team fit will also be very consistent. There is always the unknown of Chelsea, but I do not think they have the strength to last the course.

One things seems certain Arsenal look to be the same as those last years under Wenger, change takes time.

Mourinho is such a miserable (under-achieving) git too, you cant help but rejoice when goals raisin against them!
    ^This (in spades)!

Palace v Liverpool soon

I could smell a Liverpool goal right before the half. I hate them but it's a clear penalty by Sakho, why risk the penalty? Stupid play on his part now Palace have a very tough road ahead in the 2nd half.

Going to be a long season for Newcastle, another well organized hard fought loss to a much superior team who got lucky.

Stat Of The Day - The average Chelski player cost 8x more then the average Newcastle player! Yikes.
    Ian

Ferguson reign is long gone at old Trafford.

Man is Jose really gonna get the sack? Fucking hell.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Man is Jose really gonna get the sack? Fucking hell.
    I had to switch channel after that second goal "Luck comes to those prepared..."
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    I had to switch channel after that second goal "Luck comes to those prepared..."
    United has very talented players but they are a fucking mess under the current systems. Jose really doesn't have a clue I'm really starting to think, it's a crap shoot with alternating systems, tactics, players, there is no continuity. They are better off with somebody else. He is so far from Fergie it's ridiculous.

Mourinho has to go - the Manchester United team are clearly regressing under his narcissistic petulance. I can't think of a single player that JM has made better during his tenure at United, and the likes of Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard and Martial have gone quite significantly backwards. It also seems incredible to me that you can spunk away hundreds of millions of pounds and still have no idea who your best team is.

On the other hand, my beloved Foxes won again this weekend without playing especially well - Forza!!

See Jose's press conference post match? Unbelievable arrogance and ZERO responsibility or accountability on his part. Stormed out like a whiny 5th grader. Sack him now.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Mourinho has to go - the Manchester United team are clearly regressing under his narcissistic petulance. I can't think of a single player that JM has made better during his tenure at United, and the likes of Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard and Martial have gone quite significantly backwards. It also seems incredible to me that you can spunk away hundreds of millions of pounds and still have no idea who your best team is.

On the other hand, my beloved Foxes won again this weekend without playing especially well - Forza!!
    Good post - True on all points, and this Toffee fan is always happy to see Leicester do well - just not against Everton

PS - Gonna start following Dortmund heavily this year - Sunday's match vs Leipzig was a cracker!