Thread: Kylver - Any Fans?

Kylver - Any Fans?

Anybody else here a fan of the band Kylver? Hailing from my old home town of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, these guys are right at the crossroads of stoner/prog/sludge rock. I happened upon them when 'The Mountain Has Ghosts' (see below) was included as the first track on a Prog magazine sampler cd in the summer of 2015. I usually really dislike most of the stuff on those discs, but this absolutely blew me away. The whole album, The Mountain Ghost is excellent, and warmly recommended to those who are fans of the darker end of Scandi-prog such as Anekdoten. Nice to hear a British band doing this kind of thing, rather than the usual blander-than-bland, tired neo-prog knock-offs. If you're not familiar with Kylver, have a listen to this and by all means leave your thoughts::

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Anybody else here a fan of the band Kylver? Hailing from my old home town of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, these guys are right at the crossroads of stoner/prog/sludge rock. I happened upon them when 'The Mountain Has Ghosts' (see below) was included as the first track on a Prog magazine sampler cd in the summer of 2015. I usually really dislike most of the stuff on those discs, but this absolutely blew me away. The whole album, The Mountain Ghost is excellent, and warmly recommended to those who are fans of the darker end of Scandi-prog such as Anekdoten. Nice to hear a British band doing this kind of thing, rather than the usual blander-than-bland, tired neo-prog knock-offs. If you're not familiar with Kylver, have a listen to this and by all means leave your thoughts::

I like em, they're on the list of bands we want to play with....

Love this band! They will be releasing a second album in early October and the tracks already up on Bandcamp sound even better than their debut: https://kylver.bandcamp.com/
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-