Thread: YES - Japanese Tour in Nov- Yessongs & Tales (S1 & 4)

YES - Japanese Tour in Nov- Yessongs & Tales (S1 & 4)

http://yesworld.com/2016/09/yes-anno...november-2016/

Nov. 21st (Mon) Tokyo Orchard Hall
    Nov. 22nd (Tue) Tokyo Orchard Hall
    Nov. 24th (Thu) Osaka Orix Theater
    Nov. 25th (Fri) Zepp Nagoya
    Nov. 28th (Mon) Tokyo Orchard Hall
    Nov. 29th (Tue) Tokyo Orchard Hall

Seems Alan White is scheduled to return as per the advert; then again, Chris' picture was still used for the recent USA tour at first...

Yessongs is a journey unto itself. Will Geoff recreate Rick's solo or use the space for his own? Same about the drum solo. ?? This album alone makes me want to cross the globe.
    Then add the 2 sides of Tales! Thinking they play this for the CTTE Cruise in 2017. Maybe some extra southern states dates then too.

Tickets are on sale now. http://udo.jp/Artists/Yes/index.html
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hmm. Does that mean they'll be playing the Yessongs arrangements of the songs?

In U.S. dollars, these are about $100. The funny thing is that since there has been almost no inflation in Japan for 20 years, this is what the Japanese would have paid in 1996 as well.

From an American living in Japan back then perspective though, the 1996 prices seemed insanely high - around $150 when U2 tickets in America were going for around $50.

That is the year I saw Sting and Styx in Milwaukee for $20 each -- granted, lawn seats for Sting. He even yelled up to the hundred of us "What are you doing way up on the lawn!?

Not all of us have a net worth of Northern Ireland, Sting
    Last edited by yamishogun; 09-15-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Hmm. Does that mean they'll be playing the Yessongs arrangements of the songs?
    One could only hope, but that will require Steve Howe to drop his "We play the songs JUST LIKE THE ALBUMS, MAN!" fetish. But a 10 minute solo on "Yours Is No Disgrace"? That would be cool (or it could be like watching paint dry!)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Wait a minute... They are actually going to play four full LPs worth of music? Awesome if true.

I doubt they will, I reckon this a generic definition for a selection of classics from the recent album touring repertoire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I doubt they will, I reckon this a generic definition for a selection of classics from the recent album touring repertoire.
    My thoughts exactly.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com