Thread: Terry Bozzio Puts on a Big Show in Nashville

Terry Bozzio Puts on a Big Show in Nashville

He was just here is Atlanta about 2 weeks ago....I learned about it 2 days AFTER it happened. Absolutely ZERO marketing for his show in the circles I move in....too bad, I would have definitely gone. I asked a few music friends if THEY had heard about it and all of them said no.

Seeing him in a week and a half. Stoked!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Reports are trickling in that the last clinic Bozzio put on in Memphis, the giant scaffolding above him supporting thousand of pounds of percussion gear collapsed directly on top of him and the surrounding drum set. Fortunately, Bozzio was uninjured, and even rushed to grab a notepad on which he transcribed the time signatures of the cacophony as it was still falling.

He will recreate the event on a 16 CD set slated for release in early 2017.

I'd prefer a drummer who really serves the music...
    just my opinion.

Can't top "The Black Page". Might as well just hung it up after that.

I wonder if a cd of the HoBoLeMa tour will even be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this a few weeks ago. It was entertaining even for non-drummers or even non-musicians.

I just saw Terry Bozzio at the Havana Club here in New Hope, PA last night. I did enjoy the night. He basically played about 90 minutes of instrumental drum work. He is such a talented guy to play that way. There was merch but I didn't buy anything. Highly recommended!

Library Jon

IMG_0435.jpgJust saw him tonight at The Palace in Stafford Springs...any photo of that drum kit doesn't do it justice, that thing is intense! And he uses every piece of it, it AINT for show! Awesome performance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gpeccary; 09-28-2016 at 12:11 AM.

He's playing Detroit on Monday night. I so badly want to go but I have to work. From what I understand it's a seated show with Bozzio's drum kit set up in the middle of the room with the seats surrounding him (or something similar).

^^^^That would be inCREDible!! Watching him work from behind the kit would be awesome!!