Thread: Mac Sabbath

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Mac Sabbath

These guys played in my town but I passed. Here's some pix, looks like a good time!

http://www.masslive.com/entertainmen...d_clownvi.html

They came around town earlier this year and my friend and I considered it. Then we watched a couple videos. Gets old real fast.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Mac Sabbath:

Mick Fleetwood
    John McVie
    Tony Iommi
    Ozzy Osbourne
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Saw them a couple weeks ago, those guys put on an incredibly tight show, despite the rather unwieldy costumes
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

They have a show on Dime that I grabbed for my neighbor, he likes Sabbath.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

There are many of these ____ Sabbath joke bands. I agree most of them get old quickly. The only one that made me laugh out loud was "Brown Sabbath."

Brown Sabbath put on a killer show opening for Umphreys McGee last moth here in Syracuse. They take it very serious. Check out a couple of their clips on YouTube. Fairies Wear Boots and Into the Void are nice examples, you might see them in a different light.

Yeah, it's news to me that Brown Sabbath is any kind of "joke" band. Those guys smoke!

The Mac Sabbath thing just does nothing for me. I get that there are a zillion Sabbath tribute bands and I suppose they are trying to be really different, but I watched them for about two minutes a year or so ago and that was enough for me.

I dig Into The Void. They could maybe use a better drummer but the singer and guitar player are good. Obviously there are bands doing the whole thing on a different level but I appreciate that these guys are trying to worry about the music and I have a soft spot for the guitar player. For example, that he even comes close to pulling off the "Shock Wave" solo is impressive to say the least ...

Last edited by JeffCarney; 09-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heracleummantegazziani View Post
    Brown Sabbath put on a killer show opening for Umphreys McGee last moth here in Syracuse. They take it very serious. Check out a couple of their clips on YouTube. Fairies Wear Boots and Into the Void are nice examples, you might see them in a different light.
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I think Brown Sabbath is very good. The "Brown Sabbath" name is what I found to be a truly funny joke, unlike most of the _____ Sabbath bands.

Mac Sabbath will be in my town soon, and I will check it out. Always ready for that kind of live music.