Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rick Wakeman: An appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Criminal Record has its share of cheese- obviously 'The Breathalyzer' but see also that bloody awful 'reggae' section in 'Chamber Of Horrors'. 1977 was the point where his taste in synths starts to diverge from mine, but there we go. Love all the tones he had before that. He may not care for Tales... that much but his playing on it is brilliant, IMHO. And I'd cite the long Moog solo in the MSG '74 version of 'The Remembering'...much better than the studio version for me because of his solo. Probably still on YouTube.
    I just went back on YT and listened to this,('The Remembering') and I agree it is great. I love Topographic, and I think any chance to hear a (new to me) live version is a real bonus. The best however for me was forth row at the Spectrum on 16 February 1974. The only problem for me is, once and done is not good enough. I need to re listen and hear everything a bunch of times to really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Talk's crap.
    BS. It's the best of the Rabin years, by far.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    BS. It's the best of the Rabin years, by far.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Talk's crap.
    For Trevor Rabin Yes, I like Talk

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?