Thread: The Monsoon Bassoon

The Monsoon Bassoon

I finally got to hear I Dig Your Voodoo in its entirety. Holy crap this is a seriously fantastic album. Now to get my own copy. $40 is the cheapest I've seen from the UK. Ugh... Selling my kids for a single cd isnt proper. LOL

Anyone else enjoy this one? Kavus - its wonderful man! Is there a copy of Redoubtable out there? In Bold Gardens?

Great band. I have Redoubtable and 2 of the EPs. I'd like to see a CD comp that compiles all of the EPs in their entirety.

Yep, love it. It kinda reminds me of a more art-rock version of The Pixies. Wise Guy in particular is a monstrous tune. Wish they had done another one (or rather released another one, i think Kavus said the production on the follow up record wasn't any good, so it was ultimately shelved).

Anyway, my favourite MB song isn't actually on the album:

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Great band. I have Redoubtable and 2 of the EPs. I'd like to see a CD comp that compiles all of the EPs in their entirety.
    I am sure Kavus has previously mentioned that he is planning to do a CD box set of all the MB material on Believers Roast when he gets the chance.

Hopefully including the rare Fuck You, Fuck Your Endoscope 12" electro remix.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I need to find a reasonable way to buy this.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Killer band!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I need to find a reasonable way to buy this.
    Sell your soul. Good exchange rate right now courtesy of Brexit - you might do OK.

Hey BTW, The Manchester Derby tomorrow AM!! 7:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I am sure Kavus has previously mentioned that he is planning to do a CD box set of all the MB material on Believers Roast when he gets the chance.

Hopefully including the rare Fuck You, Fuck Your Endoscope 12" electro remix.
    Yeah, this needs to happen. I don't have any of the singles/ep's so have only heard what i can find on YT.