Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Announcing: THE NEAL MORSE BAND ‘THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM’

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Yes, directed at you, sorry. I forgot you already went through the torture of seeing this performance earlier this year...
    Well clearly I'm in the minority. When I saw him earlier in the year he played to a packed house. A house with 900 seats. Very, very impressive for Neal. And people only chuckled a little bit at his costumes. Good for him and his fans, but I have been off & on his train quite a bit since he left Spock's Beard. I liked that Beatles thing he did in NYC, that was cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Well clearly I'm in the minority. When I saw him earlier in the year he played to a packed house. A house with 900 seats. Very, very impressive for Neal. And people only chuckled a little bit at his costumes. Good for him and his fans, but I have been off & on his train quite a bit since he left Spock's Beard. I liked that Beatles thing he did in NYC, that was cool!
    Different strokes. I personally enjoy all nine of his post-Beard Prog albums more than any Spock's Beard release.

Now who's in the minority?!?!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Different strokes. I personally enjoy all nine of his post-Beard Prog albums more than any Spock's Beard release.

May I ask did which albums did you hear first?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post

I don't think you are. His audience has grown in recent years, and is "base" tends to be fans that did not experience his Spock's years. Dave Meros even commented that at the SNOW show at Morsefest last year, much of the "old guard" did not show, and the audience were primarily Neal fans. We are talking 16 years now since Neal left SB, a band that really had a 6 year period of releasing albums (with Neal). I read comments all the time from current Neal fans that they don't really care for Spock's Beard that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I don't think you are. His audience has grown in recent years, and is "base" tends to be fans that did not experience his Spock's years. Dave Meros even commented that at the SNOW show at Morsefest last year, much of the "old guard" did not show, and the audience were primarily Neal fans. We are talking 16 years now since Neal left SB, a band that really had a 6 year period of releasing albums (with Neal). I read comments all the time from current Neal fans that they don't really care for Spock's Beard that much.
    Interesting. I came in some time before Beware Of Darkness came out through a former president of the Dream Theater fan club.

I've always liked those Spock's Beard albums except for Snow. (Saw them four times with Neal too.) I like the Neal solo and band albums too, but it's a totally different vibe for me.

In a lot of ways I think those Spock's albums are more spiritually uplifting to me than most of what came later. I love Similitude and thought it was great live but the emotional attachment just wasn't there for me.

As far as the Morsefest fan breakdown. Neal's had a higher profile than Spock's overall with the albums and touring so if you think about it, it's not really surprising that you might find more Neal fans. I'm sure some of his fans come from his involvement with Portnoy as well.