Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek: Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Series Debut

Tranya, y'all ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    There are two Next Gen episds that are sublime. I don't rememer the names, but both centered on Picard. One, he went back to France after his assimilation by the Borg. The other dealt with the mind of a man from a dying race being imprinted onto Picard's via a wandering space probe as a memorial of what that race was like before their sun went nova. Picard essentially "lived" that man's life. It ends with Picard playing a poignant melody on a recorder-like instrument recovered from the probe, a skill which he apparently maintained after recovering conciousness. Really moving stuff.
    Both were sublime. The latter episode always brings tears to my eyes. (Even though he does do a poor job miming the flute it is so poetic.)

I watched the original series when it was aired, but never went on to watch other shows after that.

Looks like Star Trek: Discovery has been pushed back until May.

http://www.trektoday.com/content/201...overy-delayed/

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

“We aim to dream big and deliver, and that means making sure the demands of physical and post-production for a show that takes place entirely in space, and the need to meet an air date, don’t result in compromised quality. Before heading into production, we evaluated these realities with our partners at CBS and they agreed: Star Trek deserves the very best, and these extra few months will help us achieve a vision we can all be proud of.”
    Heh, I have had to tell customers this before. Nice spin. I am not surprised to hear about this because it's really unusual, given the hype of this show, not to have had more ready to reveal to the public by now.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

May is not a good time to debut a series. Why didn't they just push it into fall 2017 when people are willing to sit down in front of their TVs again? CBS is pinning a lot on this; it's supposed to be the flagship of their online pay-to-view service. This just doesn't bode well.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    May is not a good time to debut a series. Why didn't they just push it into fall 2017 when people are willing to sit down in front of their TVs again? CBS is pinning a lot on this; it's supposed to be the flagship of their online pay-to-view service. This just doesn't bode well.
    I'm not sure if this is the case anymore. The networks seemed to have changed their strategy regarding summer programming - it's not just reruns anymore.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I watched the original series when it was aired, but never went on to watch other shows after that.
    I watched TOS when I was a kid; I was allowed to stay up late so long as I was OK the next day. I think it was on from 8:30-9:30, after my usual bedtime then.
    Season 3 got moved to 10 PM, so I was out of luck that year.

I only watched occasional episodes of the other series up until Enterprise, which I watched regularly.