Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official ProgDay Review Thread

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    You know, I was actually thinking of Stan Whitaker, and I remembered Oblivion Sun and Happy the Man but forgot he also played with Tenn Jinn.

There's got to be some guys from the early years who played with three bands. For some reason I'm thinking there's possibly someone between Cloud Nine/Ozone Quartet, Polydactyl, Volare and possibly French TV? Can't come up with a name though.

Shawn Persinger played with Boud Deun, French TV and as a solo act (or was that under the Prester John name?) That sorta counts.

Did any of the guys from Thinking Plague and Hamster Theatre ever play ProgDay with a third band?

Paul Sears played with the Muffins and with Clearlight (if I'm remembering right) - does he have a third claim?

Wait, I got one - Brian Preston of Smokin' Granny. He also played with Freehand and George Preston Herrett, but that only counts if you allow preshow performances.

Speaking of Ramses Luna, I got the idea this morning of setting up a playlist of the Gutman/King "Stick Drum Duo" tracks followed immediately by the same songs from the Pascal Gutman Trio CD. Interesting to hear how they changed and what Luna added to the mix.
    Are you thinking of Jimmy Robinson? I think he was with French TV and also did a solo spot? Or am I all wrong.

I was wondering about the late Guy LeBlanc, but maybe he only appeared with The Rebel Wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Wasn't there a all star jam with Mike Keneally and Glenn Phillips with Paul drumming? would that count?
    Bingo - I'd count that. So add Paul to the list of ProgDay triple-banders.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Are you thinking of Jimmy Robinson? I think he was with French TV and also did a solo spot? Or am I all wrong.

I was wondering about the late Guy LeBlanc, but maybe he only appeared with The Rebel Wheel.
    Jimmy Robinson played with Woodenhead in '06 and then came back in '09 and played a solo set. I might be forgetting a solo performance - doesn't seem like it was three years between the two.

Shawn Persinger played with Boud Deun in '98, then as a solo act (playing multiple times over the weekend between bands) in '01, then as a member of French TV in '09.
    --

Paul also did an improv thing with Paul Whitehead, under some whack name like The Borg Collective or the like.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Paul also did an improv thing with Paul Whitehead, under some whack name like The Borg Collective or the like.
    The Borg Symphony. I was counting that as part of the Clearlight performance because it came right after their set, unless I'm remembering wrong (which is entirely possible).
    --

The Borg Symphony. I was counting that as part of the Clearlight performance because it came right after their set, unless I'm remembering wrong (which is entirely possible).
    You probably aren't wrong at all...just thinking out loud
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

It was part of the Clearlight performance, and Paul Whitehead came on stage near the end. The Muffins also played twice, in both 2001 and 2002.

^^

The Muffs played PD a third time a number of years later.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^^

I count Paul Sears being thrown into the pool as a ProgDay performance.

I remember that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I count Paul Sears being thrown into the pool as a ProgDay performance.
    Laugh; he did as well.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

^^

Only counts if I was there

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    Only counts if I was there
    That means that there hasn't been a Prog Day since 2003.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

LOL Steve 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

^^

ProgDay web site lists the third performance as 2010.
    --

There's got to be some guys from the early years who played with three bands. For some reason I'm thinking there's possibly someone between Cloud Nine/Ozone Quartet, Polydactyl, Volare and possibly French TV? Can't come up with a name though.
    Polydactyl had two members of Ozone Quartet (Kenny Thompson - guitar, Wayne Leechford - stick/sax), plus one from Volaré (Brian Donohoe - drums). A member of Volaré played with French TV (Patrick Strawser - keys). I can't remember whether Brian also played with French TV or not.