Thread: It was 50 Years Ago Today ... The Beatles final official concert performance

It was 50 Years Ago Today ... The Beatles final official concert performance

Live: Candlestick Park, San Francisco: The Beatles’ final concert

Although they made an unannounced live appearance in January 1969 on the rooftop of the Apple building, The Beatles' final live concert took place on 29 August 1966 at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, California.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Tony Barrow (who died recently) made an amateur recording of the occasion. It was obvious to those in and surrounding the band that this would be it, but no announcement was made.

I seem to remember a documentary covering this show being broadcast on the BBC a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Tony Barrow (who died recently) made an amateur recording of the occasion. It was obvious to those in and surrounding the band that this would be it, but no announcement was made.

I seem to remember a documentary covering this show being broadcast on the BBC a few years back.
    Yep, they all knew it would be the last. It's a pretty bad recording, but a true slice of history. Unfortunately, he ran out of tape during the last song.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Do you think that if John hadn't been killed the 4 of them would've reunited in the 80s or 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Do you think that if John hadn't been killed the 4 of them would've reunited in the 80s or 90s?
    No doubt, IMO. They would have done something. At the time of his murder, John was on his way back into the spotlight, talked about doing a world tour and "Crashing down in New York," and, speaking about his renewed enthusiasm, stated that he felt like he did during "Help!"

He and Paul were in touch, visited each other more often than people realized, and did play together in '74, despite their so-called public "feud."

Now, would they have done new music? That's I'm not sure of. I certainly don't think they would have done shows, except, maybe an appearance or two for charity. But, still, even that might have been a stretch.

^Imagine.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    ^Imagine.
    Yeah, it's still depressing after all these years. Amazing that Sean has now outlived his father.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yeah, it's still depressing after all these years. Amazing that Sean has now outlived his father.
    Yes, I can remember exactly where I was at the time JL's death was announced on the radio. It seems like some bad dream that I never woke up from. Just fucking sad.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

I was watching Monday Night Football when Howard Cossell announced it. I was numb for a few days.