Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAIPA Da Capo - Dårskapens Monotoni

KAIPA Da Capo - Dårskapens Monotoni

The proper follow up to "Solo" is finally here as this year of Invention continues for Roine Stolt - reunited 3/4 of the classic 70's lineup plus his brother Michael to sing and Max Lorentz taking the keys:

Who else is looking forward to this one? Songs are all in Swedish so the press release is as well!

ALBUM RELEASE IN SEPTEMBER
    Artist: Kaipa DaCapo
    Titel: “Dårskapens Monotoni”
    Utgivningsår: Sept 2016

Medverkande:
    Ingemar Bergman: Trummor
    Tomas Eriksson: Elbas
    Roine Stolt: El & Akustisk gitarr, Sång, LapSteel, Ukulele, Portougisisk gitarr, Klaviatur
    Michael Stolt: Leadsång, El & Akustisk gitarr, xtra keyboards
    Max Lorentz: Hammond B 3 orgel,Yamaha Grand Piano, Sång, Minimoog, Mellotron, Rhodes piano, Kyrkorgel, Tvärflöjt, Tuba, Sitar, Percussion

Gäster:
    Merit Hemmingson : Sång,
    Ludde Lorentz: Sax
    Peter Lindberg: Steelgitarr

Producent: Roine Stolt
    Studio: Fenix Studio Varnhem, Sweden
    Tekniker : Lasse Hallbäck

Skivmärke: Foxtrot Records Sweden

Sångtitlar:

1# Dårskapens Monotoni ( R. Stolt)

2# En Pojk ( R.Stolt)

3# Vi Lever Här ( I. Bergman- R.Stolt)

4# Det Tysta Guldet (R.Stolt)

5# Tid Som Går (M. Stolt)

6# Tonerna( M. Lorentz)

7# Monoliten (R.Stolt)

Omslags artist/Artwork : Rick Jacobi

kaipa.jpg

Trailer for the album was posted a few weeks ago -

You owe it to yourself to at least listen to the first minute of this to hear this so beautiful guitar melody from Roine

Sweet!!!
    The Prog Corner

I don't need to listen to the trailer, since this is an auto buy for me. I love that album cover as well. Looking forward to this!

The samples sound promising. Some of the commentary from Roine made it sound initially like this would be a bit more stripped-down than your average Flower Kings album (for example)...which is what I'd expect if they were going to try to align with some of the early Kaipa (a stated goal, I believe). More recently it sounds like a bit more detail was overdubbed later than originally expected, which was mentioned after this trailer came out. Either way, I look forward to the result.
    <sig out of order>

I will definitely check this out - also pretty thrilled that this is sung in Swedish!

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    I don't need to listen to the trailer, since this is an auto buy for me. I love that album cover as well. Looking forward to this!
    Did you notice when you enlarge the cover art - it seems to be "moving" forward to you? Yes, I'm sober at the moment, so its not that. It must be those lines that give that illusion, or all of the stuff I have done to fry my brain over the years is finally kicking in.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Autobuy. Was just revisiting the demo disc from the multipledisc set of some years ago. Was there a live document released from the recent shows? Like the "modern" Kaipa, I love the Swedish folk elements that permeate this music.

No official live releases from the most recent touring as far as I know.

<sig out of order>

I'm in. I think Solo is a very nice album. And like Chalkpie, glad to hear it's all sung in the native tongue. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow, the track just popped up from Solo today on my iPhone, so it's coincidental to see this posted today. I'm sure the release will be worth a listen...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    What he said!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I like the album artwork a lot but a part of me was hoping for an original Roine Stolt painting like Kaipa, Solo, The Flower King, Back in the World of Adventures. But maybe Roine has no time to paint anymore.

Instant buy.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Weird, Kaipa without Hans Lundin.

Could be interesting if I see it for a nice price, like the original Kaipa albums I bought in 2 vacations in Germany.

I am very curious about this release also. However, wasn't there some sort of understanding between Lundin and Stolt, that the former would create new studio music, while the latter went out to play the first couple of albums live and refrain from recording new music? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

Ordered directly from the FK site. I'm assuming I was one of the first 100 and it will arrive signed. Looking forward to it, I have a feeling this one may be more interesting than the last couple of Kaipa proper releases.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Maybe this is why they're calling themselves Kaipa Da Capo and not Kaipa.

(Because there's no Hans Lundin in the band.)

Sent Via PE's Mobile App
    <sig out of order>

I also ordered from TFK site so hoping for the signed disc (put order in Saturday so I think I was early enough)

I don't think there is any animosity between Hans Lundin and the other band members. Best I can tell Hans is just not very interested in playing live while KDC very much is about playing live and in fact wanted to play these new songs live before recording them just so they could work them out like they did in the 70's. There may have been some musical differences in the direction Stolt and Lundin wanted to take the band after they reformed it in 2002. I think that led to Stolt leaving the new Kaipa after Mindrevolutions. But now we will get to see both visions realized which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    I like the album artwork a lot but a part of me was hoping for an original Roine Stolt painting like Kaipa, Solo, The Flower King, Back in the World of Adventures. But maybe Roine has no time to paint anymore.
    I didn't Roine did the painting for Kaipa. Cool. I like the cover. The music sounds good too. I thought I wouldn't like Roine's brother singing, but it works.

Now, can someone explain what's up with the two Kaipas. It's confusing. I wish I could get into the other Kaipa a bit. Just can't get past those ridiculous vocals. i'm embarrassed to play them in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by zumacraig View Post
    I didn't Roine did the painting for Kaipa. Cool. I like the cover. The music sounds good too. I thought I wouldn't like Roine's brother singing, but it works.

Now, can someone explain what's up with the two Kaipas. It's confusing. I wish I could get into the other Kaipa a bit. Just can't get past those ridiculous vocals. i'm embarrassed to play them in the house!
    Correction - Roine did the artwork for the first Kaipa album, but not Solo.

I find quite a bit to like in the modern Kaipa - in particular the first two "Notes from the Past" and "Keyholder" - lots of good melodies to be found there. I like Aleena's singing.
    "Mirrors of Yesterday", "Leaving the Horizon", "A Complex Work Of Art", "Distant Voices" are songs to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    I find quite a bit to like in the modern Kaipa - in particular the first two "Notes from the Past" and "Keyholder" - lots of good melodies to be found there. I like Aleena's singing.
    "Mirrors of Yesterday", "Leaving the Horizon", "A Complex Work Of Art", "Distant Voices" are songs to check out.
    Those first two are the only two modern Kaipa I've heard. Except for one song on it, I don't like "Notes From The Past" at all, but I love most of "Keyholder." And yes, the vocals aren't the greatest.

I've heard the first two. I love their artwork and the music. Great dynamic production too. But those vocals! The woman is much better than the man. Patrick is his name...from Ritual. Just so overly dramatic. Does not fit the music.

Does this title translate to Darkcarpet Macaroni? Just checking. Thanks.